Game Ranked Castlevania animated series Mafia - Game Thread

Luka

Polarized Noob
For the record though, JIC I get quick hammered note for post game: Pretty much everything I have said has been what I actually thought, I haven't faked any posts to be towny so any wolf reads on me are genuinly just skill issues.

Luka

Polarized Noob
I'm probably biased since they're defending me, but I'm not sure Ratchet gives this much towns early on with no wolves as a wolf themselves. Feels like boxing themselves in really quickly, especailly since they're expected to update reads throughout the course of the day / game. Town lean, probably a weak read but whatever.
@Ratchet
I don't think it's a stretch from Ultra. "I'm not sure Ratchet gives this much towns early" (Acceptable) "with no wolves" (Hence the TMI, I'm saying that you have no wolves in your reads) "as a wolf themselves"
Feels like a genuine observation as opposed to a wolf trying to frame what I'm doing, don't think it's really a stretch.

Luka

Polarized Noob
For the record though, JIC I get quick hammered note for post game: Pretty much everything I have said has been what I actually thought, I haven't faked any posts to be towny so any wolf reads on me are genuinly just skill issues.
@Tempest
u opened it didnt u twt

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
You've laid out your considerations in full in a way that tracks and is something I think is reasonable to believe. You haven't been dismissive or looked to leverage the conversation into something it's not. All of which I think is a pretty good way to read you - when I think back on the games where I have found you scum, it's because you've said something that I step back and think "this doesn't really make sense for town Craig to think/do". Your posts so far have satisfied that requirement.

I don't quite find this answer satisfying, because I don't think your read on Luka is so firm to the point where you wouldn't consider a world where he's scum and CP could have swooped in and bussed there, or that it's impossible for CP to see an opportunity here

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
This is pretty silly. I'm under no obligation to defend Luka, and frankly haven't really wanted to beyond questioning what the argument is because I don't see it. To assume that = defence = partners is pretty level 1 thinking.
its simplistic thinking but sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer
i feel that here

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
@Ratchet
I don't think it's a stretch from Ultra. "I'm not sure Ratchet gives this much towns early" (Acceptable) "with no wolves" (Hence the TMI, I'm saying that you have no wolves in your reads) "as a wolf themselves"
Feels like a genuine observation as opposed to a wolf trying to frame what I'm doing, don't think it's really a stretch.
But I think he's clearly spinning there, as written your post seems pretty clear to me. I actually don't like you defending it more than anything he's said about it because this should be something that you're all over. You gonna let him blatantly misrepresent you like that?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
I don't agree with the read fwiw but I am not seeing the TMI angle unless it's at a stretch, which isn't very good from Ultra.

You're not seeing something that's fairly self evident?

His lack of consideration of a very obvious motive (you sneaking a scum buddy into townpile) means the read is fake

Doesn't have to imply all your town reads are clear, but it could

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
No but I don't think me and Dolfia are ever SvS
If we are, then this is some p horrible gameplay borderline
this is a very weirdly worded post and not something id expect town to make

Luka

Polarized Noob
But I think he's clearly spinning there, as written your post seems pretty clear to me. I actually don't like you defending it more than anything he's said about it because this should be something that you're all over. You gonna let him blatantly misrepresent you like that?
I'm trying not to engage with the people wolf reading me as often, I tested it out in about 2 games (one town rand and one wolf rand) and it worked better for me than if I would have otherwise engaged with them I think. I also did explain myself in one of my posts if he's reading the thread, so if he see's that, and he should; and doesn't interact with it that suddenly becomes his issue and not mine.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
I don't quite find this answer satisfying, because I don't think your read on Luka is so firm to the point where you wouldn't consider a world where he's scum and CP could have swooped in and bussed there, or that it's impossible for CP to see an opportunity here
I don't really care what you find satisfying lol, I don't townread you. While it's possible CP could have just gone for a bus, it would be somewhat out of character for him, and if he were to bus, he would probably start soft balling to lead Luka through the suspicion, like what he did with Watson. He he lays out his thoughts, in full, which I liked.
its simplistic thinking but sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer
i feel that here
Not good.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
I don't really care what you find satisfying lol, I don't townread you. While it's possible CP could have just gone for a bus, it would be somewhat out of character for him, and if he were to bus, he would probably start soft balling to lead Luka through the suspicion, like what he did with Watson. He he lays out his thoughts, in full, which I liked.
Not good.

???

Qualify this

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
You're not seeing something that's fairly self evident?

His lack of consideration of a very obvious motive (you sneaking a scum buddy into townpile) means the read is fake

Doesn't have to imply all your town reads are clear, but it could
No because what he actually said was "I don't think Ratchet as scum reads a bunch of people town without making any scum reads". Nothing to do with sneaking a scum buddy in there, he's specifically talking about my approach and not the reads themselves. Which I think is fairly obvious?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
No because what he actually said was "I don't think Ratchet as scum reads a bunch of people town without making any scum reads". Nothing to do with sneaking a scum buddy in there, he's specifically talking about my approach and not the reads themselves. Which I think is fairly obvious?

This is his redacted position after I pointed out the flaw in his argument though, why are you assuming he intended for this to begin with?

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't get this read? I see the TMI angle, but I don't see the angle you would make here based off of that post.
town would never say that they dont think they r scum
they would know they r not scum

Luka

Polarized Noob
town would never say that they dont think they r scum
they would know they r not scum
I mean, from any sensible persons perspective I can't see a world in which they think me and Dolfia are SvS. I would like to believe we are heavily unpaired at this point.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
???

Qualify this
Easy - historically he is later on buses, and he doesn't tend to open games by bussing because, by his own ethos, he prefers not to. And the times that he has tried to subvert this, he has been caught pretty easily through it. If I may point you back to my initial explanation, I think as scum he struggles with replicating a full thought process that's believable for him, which is both why I think him laying out his considerations like he did is good, and also why I would expect him as scum to play a bit more reactive than he has to this, that he may have time to see how the board plays out.

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, from any sensible persons perspective I can't see a world in which they think me and Dolfia are SvS. I would like to believe we are heavily unpaired at this point.
y cant he be town

Back