• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Chrono Trigger respect & lore thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The spectral children reveal all truths; the Time Devourer is a fusion of Lavos and Schala (when the dimensional vortex during the collapse of Zeal send her to the darkness beyond dimensions). There they evolved into the Time Devourer, the ultimate lifeform that could consume all of time and destroy all existence, but a young Serges cries made Schala remember her humanity again, and crossed time and dimensions to save him and the universe. This caused a magnetic storm which interfered with FATE's systems and leads Serge to the Frozen Flame. Kid is also revealed to be a clone of Schala.
The world where Serge drowned is the true reality, and the one where Serge survived is the false reality. Harle tricked Lynx into working together, and they abducted Lucca. Lynx's origin is also revealed; originally he was Serge's father Wazuki, but upon approaching the Flame his psyche was eroded and FATE took him over.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Harle's ultimate element Lunairetic attack causes a lunar eclipse. All her exclusive elements are moon related, but this helps confirm that the celestial bodies don't just represent each Dragon, but the Dragons can control them.

(http://imgur.com/JIk31Mt)
Ultranova unleashes an ultra dense energy attack. It sucks its target in then explodes on an astrological scale.
(http://imgur.com/ePLcy0b)
Leah can throw boulders bigger than herself with enough force to create sonic booms.
(http://imgur.com/7dyjd83)

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Seeing the Harle feats made me remember that i feel she was done dirty by the writers it was one of my biggest qualms with the game.

Should every ending from Radical Dreamers and CC be treated as canon? Considering dreams are just different realities pretty much

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Most likely, as Magus in the DS version says "there are as many worlds as there are potentialities."

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Time Devourer is an infinite lifeform, and you must face it at the point of the timestream when all things are reduced to nothing.
Using the Chrono Cross in order (casting yellow, green, red, blue, black, white then the Chrono Cross elements) will remove Schala from Lavos and rewrite reality, merging the two worlds back together and prevent the Time Devourer from ever existing.
Schala is finally free, and says some strange metaphysical things. She says that each planet is like an egg with all the lifeforms on it being like spermatozoa, and when one of them inseminates a planet a new universe will be born (and evolve into the next dimension), which is the 'end point' of evolution. The two timelines merge back into one, and Serge will loose all his memories of his adventures, although he will still be alive.
Starky's people come and pick him up and take him back into space.
Starky:
Youu are gooing hoome, Serge? Starky am gooing hoome, too. My comrades are heere to pick mee up. Starky learned a lot from huumans. Youu are welcome, Serge.
Schala/Kid promises to find Serge again in the new timeline.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In the void beyond dimensions during the final battle with the Time Devourer there are bubbles which contain images in them that seem to represent different (erased?) timelines.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also as one final note on Chrono Cross before I move onto Radical Dreamers, a mere fragment of Lavos being able to split one universe into two would absolutely scale back to the heroes of Chrono Trigger, who took out more than a mere fragment of Lavos.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Yup, though abet as a dream (I wonder if that's also connected to his dreams start of game?)
I feel like the reality where Serge defeated Lavos might have continued on somehow, we see an aftermath of creating a new reality where lavos is gone but radical dreamers and even CC show several types of different realities, some are completely non-sense and the ending seeing that Serge and Kid somehow got to "our world" makes me think its possible.

Also i'm pretty sure Serge remembering as a dream is also a reference to Radical Dreamers but i might be misremembering

I think Chrono might be one of few cases where "infinite possibiltiies" might actually mean something considering some stuff you see through the games.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Is this the good ending?

In Chronopolis you find a computer terminal which reveals that Radical Dreamers is a third dimension, but it's possible Serge's dreams are still connected somehow.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Is this the good ending?

In Chronopolis you find a computer terminal which reveals that Radical Dreamers is a third dimension, but it's possible Serge's dreams are still connected somehow.
I think dreams are just complete different realities with their own timelines and shit more than just being a branch of the same reality, for example there is some endings on Radical Dreamers that Lavos is not even a thing.

Its interesting that Kid remember about the adventures in Radical Dreamers because Serge was a completely different person, that reality for her should be the same as Serge by the end "just a dream" but that they know it was real.

A random wild theory is that at some point Serge and Kid meet with the frozen flame and wished to keep meeting and it granted their wish for them to keep forever reincarnating and meeting each other.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
So universal+ Chrono Trigger is real (which I did actually mention before )?

Damn, VSB really is somehow more accurate than SB most of the time

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So universal+ Chrono Trigger is real (which I did actually mention before )?

Damn, VSB really is somehow more accurate than SB most of the time
The Frozen Flame is multiversal actually (it could affect at least two universes), and that was just a fragment of Lavos. And as said by Loko, Crono and friends did fight the Dream Devourer, so he and co would be almost as powerful as Serge & Kid & friends.
I'll let you know when I find anything (that or you can just check this thread for updates).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The barrier around Lynx's manor is surrounded by powerful counterspells.
Magil is a powerful mage, and Serge describes him as being as if he's from another world.

The Radical Dreamers come across a statue which bites you if you tell a lie with your hand in its mouth. Kid puts her hand in its mouth and is bitten.

She escapes, and cracks the statue in several places in her attempt to get out.
The cloth covering the mirror is blown off by itself, and the Radical Dreamers meet the spirit inside the Whispering Mirror (who manifests as a reflection of a statue of Venus).

Magil has met Whispering Mirrors before, and explains that they are spirits which inhabit a mirror and are capable of moving between different mirrors on a whim.

The Whispering Mirror spirit comes from the Realm of Mirrors, which lies on another plane of existence.
The Mirror spirit was separated for her fellow spirits when travelling to the world of the Radical Dreamers, travelling from mirror to mirror.
When leaving Lynx's room, Serge hears a voice saying that Lynx knows the Radical Dreamers (if it's the Mirror or something else is currently unknown).

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Are you going to do every ending? They go 0 to 100 really fast