Chrono Trigger respect & lore thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Dragon Tear is said to have the power to rewrite reality.
RHL79xX.jpg
The Dimensional Distortion (or Time Distortion) has some strange Esher-esque topology within it.
m6RAkzO.jpg
The Dimensional Distortion is a non-physical world.
R5Oz2Zj.jpg
fuCr4DK.jpg
The Fiddler Crab can control the tides.
Eh5zZiv.jpg
Starky is an alien from faraway stars who crashed into the sea.
hqNP5tS.jpg

TKh6seI.jpg

YUBEPjn.jpg

ES8PgoX.jpg
qrc0gmv.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Masamune is an evil sword (for some reason) which corrupts the mind of the one who wields it.
ueZGs1X.jpg

TAzlZlD.jpg
The Masamune can only be countered with the Einlanzer, the legendary holy dragon sword forged by the Dragonites.
tzxt2pZ.jpg

Us8AscP.jpg
Wielding the Masamune caused Radius to be controlled and kill Garai against his will. Garai was laid to rest on an island, but Garai's lingering sentiments caused the island to become mutated and a home for demons (which is how the Isle of the Damned came to be what it is).
qEAIGXc.jpg

TCfpPZl.jpg

CumhbS4.jpg
Examples of how the Isle of the Damned has become warped.
xoRzmqj.jpg

Piodzav.jpg

ORN2X1U.jpg
Coming to Garai's tomb, you'll find the names of all the heroes present written on it.
vuxb9ou.jpg
Radius was controlled by the Masamune, and implies it wasn't always the way it is, and was once a holy weapon.
mBwqoGZ.jpg

qKF77uA.jpg
The corruption of the Isle of the Damned is pretty extensive and spans great structures seen in the distance which are so huge they're bigger than the already distant clouds (this may be a colossal cavern, a mountain or something else).
4gvY11R.jpg
The Einlanzer is the only sword able to beat the Masamune's power.
RT1W8lG.jpg
Radius says that the sword (Masamune?) isa reflection of the soul, and hopes that one day Masamune will be free of enmity.
8bqa6lK.jpg

Eosne1f.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Dead Sea is perpetually overcast with dark clouds. The waves are still and a massive entity can be seen in the distance. This place is said to have been cursed by the gods themselves.
0psO56v.jpg

ZF0ljVu.jpg

X9uMNwH.jpg

4QZhsN8.jpg
Within the heart of the Dead Sea you find a vortex which seems to be the source of it all.
CfMTn9G.jpg
Entering through the vortex and you come across a different landscape entirely. The dark clouds and decaying cityscape is gone, replaced by a dilapidated Leene's Square and a setting Sun.
1u4Gyiy.jpg
This is a space and time different from anywhere else, and the dimension itself is more unstable here than anywhere else.
2D1C3gK.jpg

68A4z5L.jpg
You find an enertron to rest in, but you are still as hungry as ever...
BlpawVz.jpg

q3fTJXR.jpg

h1yYG1H.jpg
This strange place has a setting Sun, and is inhabited by children who look like the heroes of Chrono Trigger.
BLOmW3A.jpg
A mysterious figure (Miguel) appears and reveals where you are; the Tower of Geddon, or Time Crash Ground Zero.
033qUBJ.jpg
An incident 10 years ago turned this place into the Dead Sea.
s3flvR2.jpg
Miguel reveals this place is a future which was eliminated . He also refers to this doomed timeline as being boundless.
P50AQvp.jpg

fNtGYZe.jpg
Every time you make a choice you're creating a new world, but at the same time you're eliminating another future by the choices you don't make.
dFnClP6.jpg

cOVz6sm.jpg

0OLxtCO.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Time Crash is an entire eliminated timeline condensed into the Dead Sea after its past was altered.
tp5Ewnu.jpg

PYrIwYh.jpg
This is because of Fate, which has harsh things in store for those who defy it. Even Serge/Lynx's arrival was predetermined long ago.
Y8JkjWM.jpg
4bLpvxf.jpg

f6ov38H.jpg

bn0d0SO.jpg
By defeating Miguel, the doomed timeline would be liberated, and the dimensional distortions between parallel worlds will return.
K0otMkx.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Starky can use an Ultra Nova attack against the heroes in his giant form.

Volcano causes a considerable pillar of lava to erupt from the ground.

The heroes can dodge Photon Beams.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Starky fell to Earth tens of thousands of years ago and has been looking for a way back ever since. He can manipulate gravity and is believed to have come to this planet to observe human behaviour with interest.
j67e30x.png
An alien who flew from another planet tens of thousands of years ago and crash-landed in the Jellyfish Sea due to an accident. He can freely manipulate gravity and walk while floating in the air. He wants to return to his home planet, but the spaceship is broken apart, so he's collecting "star fragments." It seems he originally came to this planet for some purpose, and he always observes human sense and behaviour with interest.
The Dead Sea is an apocalypse frozen in time, where you can walk on the tidal waves not because they're ice but because time itself has stopped.
0HjPnBP.png
Miguel is the guardian of the frozen distortion, and you find him through a time-space vortex.
zsTpQAQ.png
Starky can call upon a remote-controlled guardian called the Starman Guardian to protect and fight for him.
j6HkT8c.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Migul comments on how strong you've grown, and says you might just be strong enough to defeat FATE itself (Fate spelt with all capitals).
Miguel: Well done! That's the way, Serge! My, you have grown strong. Maybe...just maybe...you and your friends have the power to defeat FATE and build a new future for humanity.
Miguel says that the Dead Sea is the true form of the planets future, and recounts the events of Chrono Trigger. By saving the planet from Lavos, Crono and his friends changed the course of history.
Miguel: The Dead Sea is the true form of this planet's future. That's right... At one stage our world was on the verge of such inevitable destruction... That was in 1999, when the parasitical alien life-form known as Lavos awoke after centuries of feeding off this planet. Lavos fell from the heavens a countless number of years ago and burrowed deep beneath the surface to eat and sleep. Slowly but deliberately, Lavos devoured our planet from the inside out...waiting for the time to ripen for its true awakening. Finally Lavos did awake and manifested its true form on the surface of the planet. That's when our world faced a death from which there seemed no possibility of escape...

Miguel: Were it not for a teenage boy and his group of adventurer friends, that is... These young heroes caught a glimpse of this planet's future destruction as it appeared in the year 2300. They realized they could not turn their backs on our planet, even if its death would not be anywhere near their lifetime. Time traveling from epoch to epoch, they battled Lavos for the future of our planet, and eventually won. But in saving our planet from the death Lavos was going to bring about, they also changed the course of history...
This caused the time axis where the world ended to cease to exist, but this future timeline is being restored in the Dead Sea, and the future that refused to change will become a reality again, with Serge as the trigger.
[Lucca]: At that very moment, this whole future time axis ceased to exist. Call it cause and effect... It is just a problem of possibilities, after all... In this world, there are no such things as absolutes or certainties.

[Marle]: But the future that was supposed to have disappeared is about to be restored here... The future destruction of our planet is going to become a reality in this world once again...

[Crono]: The vengeance of the future we killed is about to begin... With Serge serving as the trigger...
FATE doesn't want the Frozen Flame to awaken at this point in time in this place, so it decides to destroy the Flame alone with the entire Dead Sea. As this happens, the lost future is sent back to the darkness beyond dimensions.
Miguel: It looks like Fate has made its decision and has started to carry it out now... FATE doesn't want the Frozen Flame to awaken in this place at this time... It would choose to destroy the Flame along with the whole Dead Sea, than to allow its enemies to take hold of the Flame...

Miguel: This lost future is about to disappear into the darkness beyond the dimensions again... You have no time to spare. You must leave here immediately! Quick...go!
The time crash and the Dead Sea are destroyed (by what I can assume is FATE), with Serge and the others being saved by the Sky Dragon at the last moment (who can fly across dimensions, as the Time Crash Ground Zero was its own space-time); Time Crash Ground Zero also contains a space-time which has an entire erased timeline inside it.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The natural world is composed of six elements (White/Light, Black/Darkness, Blue/Water & Ice, Red/Fire, Yellow/Earth and Green/Plants & Air), which the six Dragon Gods govern over. Interestingly enough, the example given for white is the Sun, implying that these elements aren't just bound to a single planet (the Meteor and Meteor Shower abilities would back this up further).
OLSZatf.jpg

53v5jk1.jpg
D2F7fKJ.jpg

4k0C4xt.jpg

jWXwOV4.jpg

37lEw2J.jpg

iWfq7va.jpg

q3zHYNk.jpg
The Black Dragon dreaming creates shades in an alternate dimension.
dkdoStd.jpg
When the Song of Marbule is played the nightmares gain physical form.
l5Z8DMw.png

w0WOGuu.png

tuJy65l.png

UiNg1XP.png
After defeating all the shades, the Black Dragon will awaken and roar, and its roar can be heard even in an alternate dimension.
ArsN35B.jpg
k0p23c2.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lynx's Forever Zero is said to turn all things to eternal nothingness, and the attack seems to teleport the enemy to another dimension and then destroy it.
FfT1KK9.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Roakroaches are barely scratched by being hit with rock-shattering explosives, and weigh a ton.
gItmTj1.jpg

XSnDStj.jpg

9x6XmpV.jpg
The explosives can launch roach roaches high into the air.

Lynx can push a roachroach.

Fargo's Cannonballs attack calls down a rain of cannonballs from the S. S. Invincible, no matter where you are.
qei6Vmh.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The retelling of the history of the planet by the Dragonites, telling of how all life was born from the sea, which rose to the lands and how the Reptites came to be, but where wiped out by Lavos overnight. After the Reptites were wiped out, apes evolved into humans, and found fragments of Lavos.
[Dragonian Record]
All life on this planet was born in the sea.

The life-forms softly slumbered within the womb of our mother sea...

Until eventually they developed free will and were able to swim about the ocean freely.

Then there came those that, not satisfied with life in the water, looked up from the ocean floor towards the blue skies and dreamt of the feel of the land.

Aeons passed before their preposterous dream became a reality, and they rose up from the seas onto the earth.

The land became full of all kinds of creatures.

Among these, the dragon lizards and the more evolved Reptites thought they would reign over the earth forever.

And for a long while it seemed that they would...

However, the unforeseen coming of the mighty one from the heavens suddenly smashed their kingdom to pieces.

That one was known as '"Lavos!"' The great crimson flame......

Wielding absolute power, Lavos buried the dinosaurs - the kings of the land - in the space of a night.

However, the timid '"apes"' who had lived hidden in the forests...

...came into contact with the crimsom flame that fell from the sky, and evolved into '"humans."'

Or perhaps it was not '"evolution,"' but '"transformation."'

In this way, humans increased in number and filled the earth...

The fearsome '"progeny of Lavos"' who, like their progenitor, began to devour our mother planet.
Serge uses the Dragon Tear and returns to his original form, but in the process the Dragon Tear is destroyed, leaving the Hate Tear and the Love Tear, which can be combined into the Chrono Cross.
Steena: Serge.... You have regained your identity without being led astray. Your eyes, which foresaw the truth, shall help you to regain your trust among your comrades... There is nothing we can do about the Dragon Tear... Its shattering result does not come as a surprise. However, you also carry the fate of the Dragon Tear from another world. The broken pieces of love and hate: although contradictory, they are two sides of the same coin... A mysterious force may come to light when the two pieces are united... Perhaps this force will be the legendary Chrono Cross... The only problem is, the shrine, which is said to give life to the Chrono Cross, is nothing but a cavern inside Divine Dragon Falls. Serge.... You may hold the key to bringing forth its powers.
When the way to the Sea of Eden is finally open, you find islands representing the past, present and future.You enter through a warp called a Fate Distortion back into the parallel world, where a strange triangular formation is sealing the centre of the sea. The time to seal the rift in space and time that created the two worlds draws near.
gdVYn8G.png
Chronopolis is a city from the future (2400 AD, past the post-apocalyptic future of the Day of Lavos timeline).
IHsYnjS.jpg

BVoxyQL.jpg
At the Chronopolis reasearch centre, they are working on a counter-time effect, and an entity called FATE says that the use of the Flame (Frozen Flame?) can be used as a link-up for anti-annihilation energy.
[Ghost 1]
I heard group 3B's experiment today is going to be a biggie. They're releasing the Flame's lock-level to D in order to trace the counter-time effect...

[Ghost 2]
Yeah, but based on previous experiments, I'm sure it'll work out just fine. During their simulation, FATE guaranteed that they would be able to use the Flame as an up-link to extract the anti-annihilation energy associated with it. Don't worry, it'll be a success.
Curiously, the ghosts state that there's no other islands in the sea of El Nido other than the artificial one created for the research centre. They go on to say that when they've been successfully able to counter time they'll have full control over time.
[Ghost 1]
Once we're done with today's experiment, we have that long awaited 3 week vacation. I'm heading back to Zenan to spend time with my family. My daughter's birthday is coming up, you know.

[Ghost 2]
You're from Medina, right? I've been on this island for a year and a half now. Man, I've had enough. Aside from the man-made island with this research center, there isn't a single island in the sea of El Nido.

[Ghost 1]
Once we're able to counter time successfully at will, we'll have full control over time. We'll find out soon enough.

[Ghost 2]
You said it. I can't believe we've come this far...
The Dragonites knew about land formations called Power Spots, and from there used the natural energy of the planet to create Elements.
CaZhA5I.jpg

lTGvNxf.jpg
Even with both the Hate Tear and the Love Tear the broken Dragon Tears don't combine into the Chrono Cross. This gives some creedence to the legend of a 7th dragon god and a 7th element.
NsSzWKf.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The corrupted Masamune can be summoned, as Dario does (or it comes to Dario).

The Masamune possesses Dario.
tLeOXQI.jpg
With Dario defeated, both he and the Masamune are restored to their normal states (Radius is able to sense all of this).
xbOAUVh.jpg

fs2k7q0.jpg
To make sure her brothers get up to no mischief, Doreen comes along in the Masamune too.
8ut8qM4.jpg
It has been centuries since the three of them joined together.
L2PXD6a.jpg
Serge becomes the new master of the now repaired Masamune, and the spirits of the Masamune inhabit his swallow to turn it into the Mastermune.
uiqY7XC.jpg
The Riddel, Viper and other Dragoons of this world were lost when the Dead Sea was collapsed by FATE.
vwS0i7w.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If the counter-time experiment succeeds, Chronopolis will be able to control time and gain godlike powers.
[Chief]
Perhaps what we are doing is wrong? If this experiment succeeds, we will be able to control time. We will have complete control over history and, in a sense, become a presence, much like god... If so, what meaning is there to the history of mankind? But it's too late, now... We can't afford to fail in this experiment. If, for some reason, anything goes wrong, the anti-annihilation energy will probably overwhelm us. Who knows what the consequences may be?
The entire El Nido Archipelago is artificial, and created by FATE 10,000 years ago, with islands blessed by nature. The Records of Fate were dispersed across the islands so FATE could record and guide peoples lives (who were the descendants of the research centre who had their memories of the future wiped), as well as harnessing the energy of the natural world and developing Elements.
[Ghost]
Originally, El Nido was nothing but ocean. The El Nido Archipelago is purely artificial, created by FATE. It was a remodeling plan that took place 10,000 years ago. A plan to include islands, blessed with nature, in the sea of El Nido. The main island of El Nido, Earth Dragon Isle, Water Dragon Isle, Black Dragon Isle... The development of Elements, using the energy of the natural world... The distribution of memory terminal devices called the Records of Fate that could survey and guide people's lives... The research center staff, who had their memories of the future erased, left the center, and began a life outside amidst nature. This is how FATE's paradise came into existence.

And for over 10,000 years, FATE has been watching over and guiding the descendants of the staff who left this research center. Everything was in pefect harmony. That is, until 14 years ago, when a boy came into contact with the Flame on the night of the storm.
If power over time isn't scary enough, Chronopolis and FATE also developed the ability to control and alter peoples memories and personalities. It's even possible to simulate the thoughts and feelings of each individual and bring them back via perfect clones.
[Ghost]
Memory scanning and rewriting is not that difficult a thing. As a matter of fact, it is possible to simulate the thoughts and feelings of each individual. These are all just electric signals that flow around the circuitry of the brain, after all. The vessels of flesh can be reproduced through cloning... And the '"soul"' stored within these fleshly vessels can be simulated as well... Thus, one could even go so far as to say that death itself no longer exists. Of course the expiration of an individual being, as a variation within the species, still occurs. Overall, we can reverse the old maxim and say that where there is no death there will be life...
FATE is able to rewrite the personalities and emotions of people, as well as imprinting what actions they should take into their brains.
[Ghost]
We control human emotions by using neurotransmitters. That means, by manipulating the nerve transmitters inside their brains, it's possible to control the feelings and even the personalities of humans. FATE uses the Records of Fate to connect directly to the brains of the humans with whom they come into contact. FATE not only imprints what actions the humans should take into their brains, but also rewrites their personalities and feelings.
By tracing the temporal vectors of different parallel world possibilities (with fluctuating discrepencies), Chronopolis were able to garner more information about Lavos, and even the now mythical Kingdom of Zeal, and how Crono and friends travelled across time to defeat Lavos, who ended the world in 1999 AD in several timelines.
[Computer]
-- LAVOS --

Sleeping and consuming the planet's energy up until the day of destruction known as the '"Apocalypse."'
There are those who believe that, 12 thousand years ago, the legendary ancient magical civilization known as Zeal came into contact with Lavos. That fateful encounter is said to have resulted in Zeal disappearing from the surface of the planet within the space of a single night. However, the very existence of the ancient civilization of Zeal has never been proven, so up till this day this theory cannot be confirmed.
On some time lines, Lavos appeared on the surface of the planet in the year 1999 and brought the world to ruins.
However, a group of young time travelers saw where their planet's history was heading and, through their actions, rewrote time. This very research facility exists on that new time line... In a world where, thanks to the defeat of Lavos by the young adventurers, the Apocalypse never happened... On a temporal vector where human civilization continued to evolve unhampered.
On a temporal vector where human civilization continued to evolve unhampered. All the data on Lavos that was obtained from tracing different parallel world possibilities has proven to be volatile, with fluctuating discrepencies. Perhaps, at this point in time, it is nearly impossible to obtain any true information about Lavos.
The ghosts of one of the scientists compares DNA records to songs and music (this will be important later).
[Ghost]
The DNA records are poems and music... Adenine and Thymine... Guanine and Cytosine... Rythym and Melody... Perhaps the DNA of the ones who make contact with the Flame is recomposed by the sound they generate within? I wonder if life-forms are just dreaming in an endless flow of music?
DNA are the fundamental building blocks of life as we know it, which is common throughout all life in all universes (in case it wasn't already obvious, this confirms that worlds/dimensions are contextually universes).
[Computer]
-- DNA --
- The Seeds of Life -
The human body is made up of 50 to 60 billion cells. Each of these cells contains genes in the form of DNA. These are the fundamental building blocks that exist inside the cell's chromosomes. They store genetic information that can be passed on from parent to child. The structure of DNA is common throughout all life, throughout all universes. Through DNA recombination, life-forms take on differing forms with variable abilities.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lucca Ashtear is considered a legendary scientist by 2400 AD, who first indicated the possibility of time travel via the use of a "Time Egg" which utilizes miniature black holes to rotate a single point of supergravity and draw in space-time continua. By using this ring to create a Gate, it's possible to cross between dimensions to different points in space-time.
[Ghost 1]
Everyone gather around.
Let's see... In the 11th Century, a scientist by the name of Lucca indicated the possibility of time travel through the use of a '"Time Egg,"' which utilizes miniature black holes. Whether this could actually be possible or not is still the subject of intense debate and no conclusions have been made.
According to her theory, by rotating a single point of supergravity, space-time continua can be drawn in... thus making it possible to transform that singular point which pulls in everything else, into a ring formation. Using this ring as a Gate between dimensions, it should be possible to travel back and forth between various space-time.
The ghost of another scientist says that the Time Egg already existed in the legendary Kingdom of Zeal, but the other scientists dismiss it as just a legend (which would imply Lucca's Time Wand could create mini-blackholes start of game).
[Ghost 2]
I've heard that the Time Egg already existed during the legendary, ancient dynasty.

[Ghost 3]
We shouldn't have to rely on theories from an ancient civilization that may not have even existed. We can do this.

[Ghost 2]
But it's been said that time was altered using the Time Egg...

[Ghost 2]
That's just a legend. There isn't even any evidence to prove that this ancient dynasty ever existed.
One of the ghost scientists contemplates on the nature of time and alternate universes (although they dismisses it as nonsense, we can confirm a lot of what they say).
[Ghost]
To think that time is not absolute, but elastic... Relative and subjective... That there can be individual differences caused by changes in time...
Perhaps the same people and life-forms can even exist in several different space-times. An independent time that flows with a will of its own...? Hah... What nonsense...
FATE is a supremely powerful super-computer, and an upgraded version of the Mother Brain.
[Ghost]
FATE is a large-scale prototype, completed in the year 2300. It integrated the old Mother Brain computer circuitry into a more powerful super-computer.
FATE watches over the two parallel dimensions and guides the world of El Nido so as to prevent any major changes in history, and collects data from around the world via the Records of Fate. However, after the formation of the Dead Sea, FATE wasn't able to directly interfere with world 1, only being able to receive data across dimensions via the Records of Fate, as well as binding Miguel to the Dead Sea (with much difficulty).
[Computer]
Two worlds that are so close, and yet so far in nature, exist in different dimensions. Under the surveillance of the main computer of Chronopolis... '"FATE."'
In other words, FATE, has always been observing the 2 parallel worlds, and guiding them. FATE has been manipulating the world of El Nido, in order to avoid any major change to the history it knows. If an event on El Nido influences the main continent, the year 2400, in which FATE exists, would change. This paradox could potentially lead to great disaster... The Records of Fate - FATE's Terminals - collect data from around the world, and input guidance directly into the minds of its users. In this discreet way, FATE is able to control the lives of people without them knowing. Guided by fate, the people of El Nido lead a harmonious life. In a sense, they are nothing more than puppets of FATE.

An instruction to the young girl in Arni 01 to give up going to the main continent as a poet. An instruction to the man in Arni 02 to give up becoming a fisherman. A plan to avoid any point of contact with the main continent, so as not to affect history.

However... Ever since the formation of the Dead Sea 10 years ago... FATE has been unable to intervene directly with World 01. The best FATE could do was cross the dimension and receive data through the Records of Fate. And with much difficulty, FATE succeeded in binding Miguel to the Dead Sea as a watchman...
Chronopolis has records on the dimension which Radical Dreamers takes place in.
[Computer]
~~~Read the report
~~~Quit

It all began with a
notebook my mother
handed me...
She told me she found
it while cleaning out
the closet.
This old notebook, covered
with mold, was a diary that
belonged to my grandfather,
who passed away years ago.
It contained my grandfather's
distant memories...

Member:
Does this device
playback archives?

Member:
Looks like
someone's
memoirs.

[Computer]
I wonder if you still
remember...
How we first met...
and our many adventures...
It all seemed like a dream...
We ran like the wind during those
warm, summer days...long ago...
You were a piece of a star,
that fell from the sky...
I can still relive the memories
of those days long past...
Just by closing my eyes like
such, and whispering your name
into the desolate night...
Kid...
~~~~~Kid...
Radical Dreamers
- Le Tr�sor Interdit -

[Kid]
Radical Dreamers...!? And me name's on here, too! What the bloody hell is goin' on? And here's a passage with me and me old mates.

[Computer]
Are you ready, Kid?
I know you're anxious,
but stay on your toes.
Yeah, likewise, mate!
You mess up, and I'm
leavin' you behind!
Got that, Serge?
C'mon, Magil, let's go.
That bastard Lynx is gonna
get what he deserves!
Say your prayers!
...Not that it'll
do ya any good!!!
Heh-heh-heh......
HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!

[Kid]
This seems to be an archive from a different time than our own. Aside from the two worlds we already know about... there may be other worlds and times which exist...

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Frozen Flame is an ancient fragment which descended from the heavens in prehistoric times.
N6oAXSj.jpg

nEiRiqk.jpg
Dark Serge/Lynx puts Kid's soul to sleep.
K4OV8t4.jpg
Dark Serge/Lynx is the biological interface of the FATE super computer.
VN7ZgTd.jpg

AYOVMRm.jpg

SRPXaoe.jpg
When FATE is defeated, the Dragons become unsealed, and their true natures are revealed, and Terra Tower rises.

The Dragons fly across dimensions and merge into the Dragon God.

In the year 2400 AD, an experiment with counter-time goes out of control and causes dimensions to rip apart, resulting in the Time Crash. Chronopolis is sent back 10000 years into the past, perhaps by Lavos (as the Frozen Flame is a shard of Lavos.
4crquEh.jpg

vIW2tKi.jpg

Vyq5GoA.jpg

avdHKRv.jpg

zxkF1AP.jpg

46SE661.jpg

Q9sm6fv.jpg
On top of that, the city of Terra Tower (or Dinopolis) was drawn from the future of another alternate dimension, in which Reptites are the dominant species and not humans (which Kid speculates was the planets way of dealing with humans).
epagIqm.jpg

oodkLsD.jpg

crLlqNd.jpg

k3kJ6YP.jpg

bmZcrJa.jpg
The Dragon Gods did not seal FATE. It was infact the opposite way around.
YDsPlBj.jpg

wrw9K0W.jpg

ph17kjX.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Using Lucca's Time Egg, the Masamune lends you some of its power and sends you back in time to save Kid.
WXHPwE2.jpg

P3ycozS.jpg

CtNS4O3.jpg

2x1r5gF.jpg

iAKAxGd.jpg

xVQW3SI.jpg
The prisoner in Terra Tower says that the seal of FATE on the Dragons has broken, and humanity can be considered Lavos's offspring as Lavos interfered with human evolution after contact with the Frozen Flame.
[Prisoner]
When I was still human, I was locked up here, and I have been here ever since...
This tower is a fortress belonging to the ancient Reptites... A symbol of revenge, brought against mankind by the Dragons...
With the defeat of FATE, the seal has been broken and this tower has surfaced...
In the eyes of the Dragons, we humans are the foes...
A brain that has developed abnormally to 3 times the original size in the span of 3 million years...
We humans have evolved at an enormous rate because of our contact with Lavos's flame...
In a sense, mankind is Lavos's offspring...
We humans are extraneous to this planet...
The prisoner is a great being made of stone.
GZPIDsN.jpg
The Prophet (who surprise surprise, was Belthasar all along), meets you in a space which is not a space (and looks like Vipor Manor).
[Prophet]
This is a space that does not exist. But don't mind that... More importantly, I have something I must explain to you!
Lavos created the dimensional vortex which threw Belthasar into the far future.
[Belthasar]
Well, that was up until the Queen of Zeal attempted to harness the power of Lavos... Let's just say, things got out of control and Lavos created a dimensional vortex that threw me far into the future!
In the far future, Belthasar combined his knowledge of magic and the advanced technology to make huge progress in time research (which lead to the creation of Chronopolis and the Time Crash).
[Belthasar]
There, I seized the opportunity to study the science of the future... I was then able to apply to that the knowledge I brought from my own era, including magic, which was long lost in the future. Anyway, this led me to make huge progress in the research of time.
Well, that research led to the creation of Chronopolis and to the Time Crash... You might think I really blew it, but perhaps it was really my finest hour! Ho-ho-hoh...
Belthasar created a compact time machine called the Neo Epoch and used it to follow Chronopolis and Fate to the past.
[Belthasar]
Anyway... I created a compact time machine that I dubbed the '"Neo Epoch."' I used it to time warp to this age to learn of Chronopolis and FATE's plans, and to see how things were turning out.
Terra Tower/Dinopolis was pulled from another dimensions future to counter Chronopolis being pulled into the past by Lavos. Chronopolis wins and Terra Tower was sealed away.
[Belthasar]
Terra Tower is really a city of the Reptites, from another dimension's future...
It was originally '"Dinopolis"'... The castle of Azala's descendants, who achieved an evolution much more intimate with our planet.
Dinopolis was drawn into this dimension's past about ten thousand years ago...
This was done so that it would serve as a counter-balance against Chronopolis, which Lavos pulled here.
Needless to say, a fierce battle ensued...
In the end, Chronopolis emerged as the victor, and the Reptite's fortress was sealed away by FATE...
We actually see the battle between Chronopolis and Dinopolis. Jets battle pterodactyl-like creatures and fireballs rain from the sky.
KMjqaNO.jpg

ii35qLU.jpg
FATE sealed away the Dragon Gods powers, and became a god itself. The Dragon Gods used Serge and the others in order to destroy FATE and be free (with the Dragon Gods being in opposition to humanity while FATE was humanities protector).
[Belthasar]
But then FATE sealed away the Dragon Gods' powers, in effect becoming a god itself. Thus the islands where the new godhead, FATE, existed came to be called the Sea of Eden instead.
Perhaps you didn't realize it, but you were used by the Dragon Gods to eliminate FATE!
It was not true that the Dragon Gods sealed away the Frozen Flame... Rather, it's quite the opposite... It was FATE that used the power of the Flame to seal up the Dragon Gods. In reality, the Dragon Gods are in opposition to man, while FATE itself was actually the protector of humanity!
The Dragon Gods were originally a single plasma life form, and a living accumulation of the planets energy (with their dragon-like forms being "pseudo-guises" so they can appear in this dimension). It served as a biological machine to control the natural energy of the planet for the future Reptites, but FATE divided the Dragon God up and scattered and sealed them. After FATEs defeat, the seven Dragon Gods crossed dimensions and merged back into the one Dragon God
[Belthasar]
The Dragon Gods were originally a singular plasma life-form... ...A living accumulation of the planet's energy! Originally it was a biological machine used to control the powers of nature in the future society of the Reptites. In order to control the natural energy itself, FATE divided the one Dragon God entity up into 6 weaker plasma life-forms... Then scattered them across the land and sealed them away. Their dragon-like appearances are just pseudo-guises... ...Temporary forms they take so that they can appear in this dimension.
But all that changed when FATE was vanquished and its powerhold was eliminated! At that moment, the seven Dragons who had been rendered almost powerless and forgotten... traveled across the dimensions to reunite into a single entity!
Originally there were six Dragons, but a seventh was created by the others to help break FATEs hold. Due to the Time Crash, a new moon has appeared in the skies (which is why there's only one moon in Chrono Trigger but two in Chrono Cross). The seven main celestial bodies in the skies correspond to a different dragon, with Yellow, Green, Black, Red & Blue corresponding to the five stars, the White Dragon corresponding to the larger moon, and the smaller moon corresponding to the Dark Moon Dragon. This final dragon is actually Harle (this would further show that the Dragons aren't bound to a single planet).
Belthasar:
There were six Dragons you knew of and one more hidden Dragon you didn't... Like the second moon that once was lost, but later was found... Although the same planet, my world didn't have two moons! Look up at the night sky now and you will see seven celestial bodies... Five stars and two moons... Five brother stars that correspond to the five colored Dragons, ruling like gods over the night skies... One moon that corresponds to the white Sky Dragon... And another darker, daughter moon to counterbalance them.
The Fire Dragon, the Water Dragon, the Green Dragon, the Earth Dragon, the Black Dragon, the Sky Dragon, and one more... The final Dragon... The dark moon Dragon... The one who was to work to free the other Dragons from their bondage by the FATE computer... The child the others created on the night of the electric storm that temporarily caused FATE to loosen its hold on them...
I believe you knew her as... Harle.
The Chrono Cross has the power to transfer memories and cross space and time, and can combine all the melodies of the world.
[Crono?]
Hey, mister! Is that the Chrono Cross you guys have there? What? You guys don't have the Chrono Cross? The Chrono Cross... The melody and harmony... It has the power to cross space and time and unify people's thoughts and feelings... It has the power to transfer memories... By using it as an Element, it has the power to draw on the sounds of the six colored Elements to produce a healing harmony... It has the power to combine the sounds of the world into one melody...
Belthasar finishes by saying he's sure he'll meet you again in one time period or another.
[Belthasar]
I'm sure we'll meet again soon, in one time period or another... Be careful now... And good luck...!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Luxator casts Omega White, which sends the target to a star field and bombards them with what looks to be cosmic powers.

The Dragon God (which is named the Time Devourer) can teleport you between the different places where the Dragons resided (which exist across multiple worlds).

O7YwD4t.jpg

6VA8cBn.jpg

9DrE7bj.jpg
After the Dragon God is defeated, Belthasar appears once more and the truth is finally revealed; the Dragon God (or the manifestation of the Dragon God as it appears in this dimension) was consumed by the Time Devourer long ago across the dimensional darkness (this would mean that the Dragon God fought by Serge, Kid and company was a manifestation of the Time Devourer)..
go.https://static.chronocompendium.com/Black/Publications/crossscript.txt
[Belthasar]
That thing... the '"Dragon God"'... is only a quasi-existence... ...A temporary form that the real Dragon God uses in order to appear within this dimension. The actual Dragon God was consumed long ago, in the distant past... Integrated by the entity known as Lavos in a time on the other side of the dimensional darkness.
The Frozen Flame is a splinter of Lavos, and the one who connects with the Frozen Flame connects with Lavos itself.
[Belthasar]
The Frozen Flame is a splinter from the extra-terrestrial being Lavos. The one who connects with the Frozen Flame, in effect, links with Lavos itself. As the mediator between Lavos and living things, that one will gain extraordinary powers! By binding with the new seed of destruction... the '"Devourer of Time!"'
The Time Devourer is the fusion of Lavos and a being from this planet who nests on the far side of the dimensional void. When the fusion is complete, it will awaken and consume all space-time continua, returning everything to nothing.
[Kid]
What in blazes is a Devourer of Time!?

[Belthasar]
The Devourer of Time is a new life-form... Born out of the fusion of a life-form from this planet with Lavos, who nests on the far side of the dimensional void.
In the far-off future, when the fusion becomes complete, IT will awaken...
Then, the Devourer of Time will begin to consume all space-time continua... Despair and hatred... To return all things to nothingness... That is what IT desires.
Belthasar gives you the Time Egg, which bestows the power to travel beyond space-time.
[Belthasar]
That Time Egg will enable you to travel beyond space-time...

Back