• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Derpmaster9000 @Adamant soul You guys wanna know how hilarious FGO goes with the interpretation of Cu?

Scathath's Interlude has us figure out that Cu and ONLY Cu somehow got himself gimped on being able to summon multiple different versions of himself by DIVIDING HIS STRENGTH among his other selves...
No one even noticed until his own teacher realized it :oldryoma

The only thing more hilarious is realizing that Illya really WASN'T funnel more Magical Energy into Heracles to supercharge him in F/SN, she was using his TRUE MADNESS ENHANCEMENT as the Class given one ISN'T ENOUGH TO BRING OUT HIS TRUE POWER:skully

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Considering one of them is basically an Immortal that the INSTANT Humanity got turned to cinders and she was eligible, it forced her in despite not even being dead for real(Scathath) and the other is a literal Demi-God and the creator of Rome who if he stopped holding back would become the ultimate being of the Roman Mythology(Romulus and Saint Seiya Romulus), EMIYA was right on the money in how few people are relatively stronger than the man straight up in his best class. :mjlol
And it's telling that one of those two options is from the same mythology as him and the other the founder of one of the most famous ancient civilizations in the world.

Nasu doesn't really show a bias for any particular mythology, except maybe the Arthurian stuff, he gives them all their fair due. It's commendable to say the least.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
speaking of absolutely batshit downplay

ftl jojo deniers a very interesting low iq breed

this is probably the shounen manga with the most blatant and transparent ftl feats ever, over a span of like 20 years, and somehow it still doesn't make sense to them

manhattan transfer is hilarious downplay because all of that happened in a dream, and star platinum was catching bullets at point blank range in its first appearance

the sun apparently has a lot of japanese text supporting the beams being real light and well, they originate from a sun and are called lasers, and Chariot can already outspeed light on panel ....

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I love how literally none of those are the reason the IG is considered as powerful as it is.
:mjlol
Swing and a miss by a fucking mile.

homer simpson doh GIF
What a complete dingus.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

:mjlol .....No

Gets vaped by either some Servant or Goetia in London who would deem everything about Touma too dangerous.

Goetia absolutely kills him in London

If we give him his full plot armor, he might actually make it to Camelot/Babylonia. Otherwise he dies to a random Servant.

Doesn't make it past Orleans.
To be fair, in the case of Touma, didn't Ritsuka only make it so far BECAUSE he was completely average and in over his head? Hence a bunch of Servants helping him out and all that. Because that sounds pretty similar to Touma.
Or am I misremembering?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

this is probably the shounen manga with the most blatant and transparent ftl feats ever, over a span of like 20 years, and somehow it still doesn't make sense to them

That 300 m/h guesstimate from Josuke who's terrible at math, clearly, is always getting brought up, as if its a valid counter-argument in anyway to every other feat to the contrary in the series. :mjlol

To be fair, in the case of Touma, didn't Ritsuka only make it so far BECAUSE he was completely average and in over his head? Hence a bunch of Servants helping him out and all that. Because that sounds pretty similar to Touma.
Or am I misremembering?
It's more because of sheer fucking karma and Ritsuka being such a nice person that everything they do usually ends up saving their asses(Making friends with locals usually saves their bacon later or being nice to enemy Servants usually have them save someone else whose vitally important later).

The issue is that Touma's terrible luck can very much fuck him over here, remember that.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
It's more because of sheer fucking karma and Ritsuka being such a nice person that everything they do usually ends up saving their asses(Making friends with locals usually saves their bacon later or being nice to enemy Servants usually have them save someone else whose vitally important later).

The issue is that Touma's terrible luck can very much fuck him over here, remember that.
He doesn't technically have bad luck (pretty sure I mentioned that whole karma/IT theory before), but I see your point. :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
That 300 m/h guesstimate from Josuke who's terrible at math, clearly, is always getting brought up, as if its a valid counter-argument in anyway to every other feat to the contrary in the series. :mjlol
they conveniently ignore Koichi saying RHCP moves at lightspeed earlier as well

like if you're taking statements so seriously why are you ignoring that one? :rock

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Derpmaster9000 @Adamant soul You guys wanna know how hilarious FGO goes with the interpretation of Cu?

Scathath's Interlude has us figure out that Cu and ONLY Cu somehow got himself gimped on being able to summon multiple different versions of himself by DIVIDING HIS STRENGTH among his other selves...
No one even noticed until his own teacher realized it :oldryoma
DAMN! :shocked
The only thing more hilarious is realizing that Illya really WASN'T funnel more Magical Energy into Heracles to supercharge him in F/SN, she was using his TRUE MADNESS ENHANCEMENT as the Class given one ISN'T ENOUGH TO BRING OUT HIS TRUE POWER:skully
That reminds me.

I had to laugh at this video I was watching, where a guy tried to argue there are other Greek heroes on Heracles' level, when Illya revealed who he was. :maybe

ON WHAT PLANET? Because it sure as fuck ain't this one, not featwise nor in terms of fame. Achilles probably comes the closest but he still ain't shit compared to Heracles. :skully

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
they conveniently ignore Koichi saying RHCP moves at lightspeed earlier as well

like if you're taking statements so seriously why are you ignoring that one? :rock
Come on, you and I both know why. The CHADness of JoJo's far eclipses what meagre quality their own pet series, like Twilight and its gay vampires have, so they have to downplay it as much as possible at every turn to make themselves feel better. :mjlol

manhattan transfer is hilarious downplay because all of that happened in a dream, and star platinum was catching bullets at point blank range in its first appearance

the sun apparently has a lot of japanese text supporting the beams being real light and well, they originate from a sun and are called lasers, and Chariot can already outspeed light on panel ....

It's the same nonsense that came from someone downplaying Fate with that same nonsense:

It's even worse since ComicVine as a whole has people who not only believes this tripe, but believes on the whole, Tsukihime and KnK/Melty Blood >>> Fate

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
DAMN! :shocked

That reminds me.

I had to laugh at this video I was watching, where a guy tried to argue there are other Greek heroes on Heracles' level, when Illya revealed who he was. :maybe

ON WHAT PLANET? Because it sure as fuck ain't this one, not featwise nor in terms of fame. Achilles probably comes the closest but he still ain't shit compared to Heracles. :skully
Given the way the original mythology is for both, it'd be a hell of a fight between Herakles and Achilles, due to the latter's invincibility...

:mjlolUp until Herakles figures out his weakness, because yes, contrary to what certain people and trash authors(*cough*Riordan*cough*) believe, Herakles has his moments of being genuinely smart, so he'd absolutely figure it out sooner or later. And from there, he'd basically run right through Achilles.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Come on, you and I both know why. The CHADness of JoJo's far eclipses what meagre quality their own pet series, like Twilight and its gay vampires have, so they have to downplay it as much as possible at every turn to make themselves feel better. :mjlol
funny thing is jojo is also much gayer than they could ever hope for either
araki literally used a book of gay models as pose references for earlier parts :mjlol so they aren't winning that game either

araki: I will draw a character blocking ultraviolet light, and a character moving faster than a beam of light, and a character say another character is moving at light speed, and I will also say that star platinum surpasses the speed of light. Surely there will be no confusion here. Also, jotaro vs dio only took 2 minutes

reddit: :rock

That reminds me.

Achilles would be the only one and it's still very, very much up in the air if Achilles even has a decent shot at that.
The closest thing we got is that a fist fight between him and Heracles would endanger Chaldeas so bad, they make certain they never fight in Achilles' materials:
Heracles

I wanted to try to have a bare-handed brawl with him just once since it sounds nice, but I was held back by everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back