• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold:

It is not possible for characters to be faster than bullets in fiction. Only

slow bullets

:russ

Jesus, this takes SB logic to a whole new level with this shit right here.
SB User: "Lightning feats are hard to gauge because you can easily see them coming and dodge before they hit"
Reddit User: "Bullet feats are hard to gauge because you can easily see them coming and dodge before they hit."

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

This is basically murder.

"You're not responding to them because when confronted with the truth you run away from it like a coward. Instead of confronting it like a man. And when that fails you try to lure your opponent somewhere where you know the community and have influence among them. In order to use said clout to get the last word in. You're not witty. You're not intelligent. You're a sad clown wasting away his life on a dead forum. As he pretends to have a real life outside of it, and fantasizes about a wife he doesn't even have.

The evidence is right there, and it proves you wrong."

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
i like how he specifically brings up Jonathan Joestar like he didn't cui a guy who smashed an entire cliffside
It's spreading like a disease.

Why do even people bother with Twilight again? The series has been dead forever. And besides Midnight Sun which came out recently there's no other new material for it. And it wasn't even good either. Just more trash.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

Why do even people bother with Twilight again? The series has been dead forever. And besides Midnight Sun which came out recently there's no other new material for it. And it wasn't even good either. Just more trash.
yeah the irrelevance of the series is what gets me

I can almost understand it back when the series was popular, but the franchise is so dead that even hating on it has gotten old. Why are people so obsessed with its (low) power level ?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

yeah the irrelevance of the series is what gets me

I can almost understand it back when the series was popular, but the franchise is so dead that even hating on it has gotten old. Why are people so obsessed with its (low) power level ?
Idk nostalgia or some shit

I think the answer is hilarious but it's still just a hypothesis:
Primarily Stephanie Meyer has recently been actually trying to make the vampires more powerful by doing typical J.K. Rowling tier revisions across her series and thus, you guys this level of wanking coming back here and there.
The problem is that her word alone does not override the stuff she put into the book and the book heavily goes against her BS.
It doesn't help that some like to rep a "hated series" to show others "how truly powerful it is" by wanking it out of the ass, see SB and RWBY.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...mics-nove-2248562/?page=2#js-message-25472208

Get this, guys.

In order to counter Northstrider's "wank" Dark Saint went out of his way to look for some Word of God from Gerald Welch the writer of Legacy.

Which confirms Gerald Welch thinks that Shiva is on the same level as Thor, and that Remo is on the same level as Karate Kid without Shiva. As proof that he would lose against Twilight vampires.

I am pretty sure the Drunk Vampire from the beginning of phantom blood has better feats

He actually does. Literally taps a wall of either a stone building or a bottom of a bridge and literally causes a massive crater in it. And that was AFTER his fingers was figuratively broken at that point.

Now it's time for more nonsense:

If someone paralyzes your body to not be able to physically move, would you call it time stop?
Stopping the time of the body should also stop the working of the mind. That didn't happen in the case cited.

Jesus, it's almost like Time Stops aren't all universally the same when it comes to the person being able or unable to think depending on how the author works with it.

If something doesn't 100% operate exactly like a Time Stop, it's not a Time Stop... despite the character explicitly noting it's virtually a Time Stop anyway. This is legit the same nonsense with Norikata's Time Stop isn't a true Time Stop and thus Servants can get affected by any type of Magical Time Stop.

And yes, they are trying to LOGICALLY point out what is and isn't a Time Stop... holy shit SB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back