• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's probably worth noting, if we're going to start linking videos from the anime, that as anime adaptations are wont to do, things are... generally exaggerated, both in One Punch Man and My Hero Academia. Even when that exaggeration is in direct conflict to the text itself. Like, Genos follows that mosquito explosion up with a line about how he knew there was no life within a 500 metre radius so he was safe (implying that the negative effects of his explosion would be less than this), but the anime explosion is just... blatantly orders of magnitude bigger than that line implies. In the manga, the statement matches up fine with the actual explosion size as depicted, by contrast.

All for One is less directly affected by this, because for whatever reason this dramatic exaggeration tends to be concentrated more around other characters (and the One Punch Man anime tends to be more directly focused on visual spectacle, which lends itself to higher displays of power). But more indirectly, if you want to scale rather than looking directly at the fight scenes characters were in, it's still something worth considering.

Of course the OP didn't define the sources, so it's entirely valid to post these videos at this stage. But it's still worth taking into account.

How in the fuck does SB continue to get fucking worse?!

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

- Kaguya's final TSB is a dimension buster isn't it?

- Still Goku beat Nappa without a sweat so he could beat Madara using 50% of his strength during the Saiyan arc. This was before he knew Super Saiyan.

- Kishi compared Madara and Nappa once. I think they're about the same.

- i am talking about madara who is able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken

wow, old reddit also has some crazy history on their ''debate career'' records, lmao

i want to say more, but, i won't, cuz my sides :russ :hestonpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

- Kaguya's final TSB is a dimension buster isn't it?

- Still Goku beat Nappa without a sweat so he could beat Madara using 50% of his strength during the Saiyan arc. This was before he knew Super Saiyan.

- Kishi compared Madara and Nappa once. I think they're about the same.

- i am talking about madara who is able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken

wow, old reddit also has some crazy history on their ''debate career'' records, lmao

i want to say more, but, i won't, cuz my sides :russ :hestonpls

So basically, fanfiction Madara, because the canon one gets clapped otherwise? Well, I guess when you can't argue using actual facts, you just make shit up so that your favorite character can win!
:mjlol

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
a38ugww.png

kIDl0pk.png

majin peacock is at least town+ level and possibly supersonic, but got some hax like insta lifeforce steal, when he absorbed those citizens, and turned to ashes, seconds later

speed equal he defeats avengers 2 era hulk, speed unequal, avengers 2 era hulk, not only is faster, but he oneslaps too

:tupac

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/mayuri-vs-shunsui.1248665/
"Mayuri countered Szayel's abilities with prep and he knows Shunsui's abilities so obviously this is his win."

Only if we're ignoring the rather obvious fact that Szayel's and Pernida's abilities are not even fucking remotely similar to Shunsui's, therefore coming up with a counter to them DOES NOT mean he could counter Shunsui's.

Shunsui's abilities are in a completely different category of hax to either Szayel or Pernida's, given it's voodoo organ crushing/nerve manipulation vs borderline to outright REALITY WARPING.

I swear to god, these idiots see "prep character" and immediately think that means they're entitled to pull shit out of their asses. They STILL NEED ACTUAL FEATS MORONS. Knowing what Shunsui's ability is DOES NOT mean Mayuri can counter it, especially when he has no such feats.

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back