• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Grindelwald canonically used WW2 as a basis for starting war with muggles over the threat of being wiped out :mjlol

If wizards could actually do half the things SB claims they would hide out in the open
Tbf

SB wanks the military and think they can wreck most verses

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
I was going to disagree cause most threads I saw has modern earth losing, but then I found these:

:mjlol

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

Some guy in the comment section for a compilation of Accelerator moments actually used this as an argument.

Truly peak debating.

And of course he happened to be a Madara fanboy too. :mjlol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

😐

Could've sworn this same thread was made before recently.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I was going to disagree cause most threads I saw has modern earth losing, but then I found these:

SB is the same site that thinks military can take Thanos’s army out because they had a match where Wakanda lost to a real life third world African country :mjlol

😐

Could've sworn this same thread was made before recently.

They like doing that too... and yeah, it's basically the same result, including believing Shigaraki can just "decay" Servants despite the ability working similarly to Barragan's and we know Servants don't age.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Chaos by feat doesn't have the firepower to take down Ishtar Ashtrat
:rock

:rock

In a sense, he's right... because we never see Chaos do more than that...
But if Chaos can pull off the same shit that Calamity Jane can with her NP to force a weakness, he can theoretically kill her due to atleast needing to hit her "weak point" with a Planetary Size attack and move fast enough to reach said weakpoint in her literal equivalent of a Galaxy body.

So it's basically up in the air to be frank.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Remember this was an actual vs debate.

:hestonpls
literal greatest thread ever made in this hobby

I know that, but it isn't going to be crippling since Shiggy kinda just needs his head to keep going, since he has the same regeneration as High-End, who completely healed his body from just his head in a few seconds.

Fate/side material - Encyclopedia: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm], p.061-062 [T]
Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm]

Gae Bolg.
The cursed spear that always pierced the opponent's heart after being thrust.
Reverse causality --- a technique which broke the rules by launching the spear after it was already established that the heart was pierced.
Since the target was already hit by the spear, the opponent would always be hit regardless what kind of evasive maneuvers he took.
In order to evade Gae Bolg, one would require Noble Phantasms that automatically resurrected the target after death like that of Berserker's, or a high degree of Luck sufficient to negate the curse of the spear.
To put it into game terms, it would be an insane Noble Phantasm with a base damage plus an additional component that scaled with the target's HP.
For example, if Saber's HP was 100, then Gae Bolg's damage would be (Spear Damage + 100). She would absolutely be dead if it hit.
It was also an efficient Noble Phantasm with mana consumption only in the double digits.
Anti-Unit Noble Phantasms probably did not get anymore economical than this.
By the way, Piercing Death Thorn was a technique Lancer developed himself.
Originally Gae Bolg was a thrown Noble Phantasm. It was an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm rather than Anti-Unit.

To put it into game terms, it would be an insane Noble Phantasm with a base damage plus an additional component that scaled with the target's HP.
For example, if Saber's HP was 100, then Gae Bolg's damage would be (Spear Damage + 100). She would absolutely be dead if it hit.

It's ridiculous how many people miss this part about Gae Bolg's Strike despite it being the reason Bazett fucking DIED against Cu instantly, even mentioning this part entirely in their infamous trade scene.

You don't heal later, you fucking DIE because you can't regen the damage and it goes into every part of your body and tears it all apart.

Really, the issue to me is this. Cu has literally never had Gae Bolg's non-healing curse actually interact with someone that has high speed regeneration. Shirou got stabbed by just the shield and rin needed a 'new heart' to transfer the curse to heal it. With Saber not being able to heal the wound till Cu dies, but she doesn't have Shigaraki's level of regeneration where he can come back from getting mummified by Star and Stripe, charbroiled by Endeavor, or wailed on by Izuku. Plus the fact he's come back from his heart-stopping before. We just don't know how he actually interacts with super regeneration, he doesn't have Harpe or whatever, which explicitly makes beings heal naturally when cut, but a rather ill-defined "you cant heal from this stab (unless you do {thing}).

Avalon... Avalon is literally a thing... do people just forget Kiritsugu lived from Kotomine's strike PRECISELY because of Avalon despite rendering his innards into literal mush?
Kiritsugu maintains Time Alter Double Accel. Kotomine, now having experienced Kiritsugu’s magecraft, compensates for the speed and rushes Kiritsugu with a Baji Quan punch that crumples Kiritsugu’s thoracic cavity, reduces his lungs and heart to a mash of meat, and sends him flying backwards into the support pillars crowding the room.

Kiritsugu ignored the pain Innate Time Control inflicted upon him, and maintained the spell, backing out of Kirei’s range.

Kiritsugu’s sudden acceleration was a simple miscalculation that caused Kirei’s roundhouse kick to go off the mark. His speed, however, was not so nimble that Kirei was unable to grasp it. Once he realised that Kiritsugu had doubled his speed, Kirei made the appropriate calculations.

Kiritsugu experienced surprise for the second time in a few short seconds.

The space between them was a little over five steps. The tall Executor took a slight step forward, shortening this seemingly safe distance. This step, which sneaked toward the enemy without announcing its speed, was called ‘the moving stance’. It was also one of the dangerous secret skills of Baji Quan.

Kiritsugu shuddered, as the tall, frock-clad figure glided forward. Kirei's reached Baji Quan's optimum distance, and his fist drove toward toward the enemy with the power to reach infinity in all eight directions.

Kirei stepped forward. The concrete floor boomed under the impact, and the heavily planted forward fist slammed into Kiritsugu’s chest like a rock. Using the ‘Eight Postures of the Buddha Guards’ style, the sheer force of Kirei’s strike was like a grenade exploding in Kiritsugu's chest. Kiritsugu’s body, which took the full force of the blow, flew through the air like a strand of hay, and slammed into the support pillars that crowded the room. He never had the chance to defend himself. His thoracic cavity crumpled beneath Kirei’s iron fist, and his lung and heart were pounded into a mash of meat.

Kiritsugu was surprised that he was still alive. He had already been prepared to die when Kirei drew near. Kiritsugu’s heart and lungs had indeed been completely destroyed, and all he should have been able to manage was a final, feeble struggle.

But the fatal injury had healed, moments before his oxygen-deprived brain would have begun to die. Kiritsugu, of course, knew of no healing magecraft powerful enough to heal injuries like this. Nonetheless, he immediately understood what was going on.
The Noble Phantasm, Avalon. The holy relic that had summoned Saber; the sheath of the holy sword, which had protected Irisviel’s body for so long. Irisviel had separated the sheath from herself, giving him the miraculous sword sheath that protected its wielder from any harm, and prevented them from aging. Kiritsugu, Saber’s true Master, could obtain prana from Saber, and so exert the sheath's powers as if he were its true wielder.

Kiritsugu had heard of its ability, but had never seen it with his own eyes. He had not expected the sheath to be able to heal fatal injuries. Though still shocked at the power of the sheath, Kiritsugu began to consider battle tactics the moment he realized that he had been revived. He left his eyes closed, and suppressed the urge to cough as his body regained its ability to breathe, and played dead, waiting for the chance to launch a surprise attack.

Avalon saved his ass in seconds despite this 100% fatal hit. The attack from Gae Bolg on Artoria and Shirou? Took HOURS.
vs Gae Bolg

Here, Cu Chulainn stabs Shirou with Gae Bolg once more. Here, Cu notes this time, while stabbing Shirou, he also imparted the curse of the lance onto him. Here, in spite of Gae Bolg's curse, Shirou's wounds start healing once he's in close proximity to Artoria. Here, Artoria restores magical energy to Avalon, Shirou's curse wound from Gae Bolg should only take half a day to heal.

Shigaraki isn't surviving Gae Bolg... period(This ignores Servants with the right amount of Magical Energy can ALSO do high speed regeneration and Anti-Regen abilities usually stops that dead).

Shiggy has basically opened up, like, 3 different fights with him touching the ground (or trying to) to do the insta-kill city decay wave, to the point they planned for him to attempt this and made a giant floating arena that is made up of thousands of different parts to counter it. It will definitely be his first move against someone he doesn't know nor cares about.
Sure, Shiggy definitely talks shit at points, but it's a plot point that's mentioned at least 3 different times in the War Arc, and about 5 times in the current arc, that if Shiggy gets Decay back everyone is boned since he can slap the ground.

That wouldn't kill Cu anyway if Barragan couldn't. Servants don't age and they don't decay, Jinako would attest to that as Ganesha in Lostbelt 4.

Cu's only possible win con is literally getting close to the person who can either:
-Slap the ground and level the island they are on through Decay
-Raise a hand and fire a giant wind blast from his palm that levels entire city blocks at one of its lowest settings to blast Cu away
-Turn into a Cronenbergian monster of giant skyscraper-sized hands and fingers that can all spread the aforementioned decay wave.
These are all things Shigaraki could do out of the gate, in that direct order. Cu knowing about Decay doesn't mean much at all since it doesn't stop Shigaraki from slapping the ground, nor stopping Shigaraki from using his other quirks that will fuck Cu up.

Um, Cu can just either use Runes which can screw with Shigaraki's Decay, use Gae Bolg's Flight Death which Shigaraki is no goddamned Ajax(which as we've seen from Archer, that won't help either) or just use his bullshit speed and murder Shigaraki before he did anything... Cu has PLENTY of options.

It doesn't help Cu doesn't hold the stat advantage either, Shigaraki can tank Izuku wailing on him, which levels entire blocks, plus he has comparable strength to an extent on top of that. (Plus him semi-tanking TIAMAT, which is also pretty good) Cu would have to go with the Gae Bolg Thrust, which is dangerous when his opponent can kinda just point his palm at you and level everything in front of him. And other such shenanigans, helps Shiggy also has Search to keep track of where Cu is.

:lolwat

Q: If the Holy Grail War were set in Europe, would Cu chulainn (Lancer), King Arthur (Saber), and Heracles (Berserker) be roughly equal in power?

A: ...Well, if we’re talking western Europe in general I’d say the first two would be powered up to an equal degree... though England and Ireland, the odds would be sharply in the respective hero’s favor. Heracles would display excellent power in all of western Europe.

So basically, Cu would be basically be equal to Artoria at the height of his power(or damn near close)... the same Artoria that even in her weakest state can keep up with Heracles in all respects as well as Gilgamesh.
This is on top of the fact that Cu is equal to Karna who can blow away Mountains with as much ease as Heracles and much, much stronger...
Do people understand why I mock SB users when it comes to shit like this?

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I don't get how this is a debate. Can Merlin fool a nigh-omniscient power which sees every possible future at once? No? Then it's not as good as KS. "Oh, but it can fool reality!" When you can explain to me what that means, I'll care.

Bleach is 100% capable of sealing away 4-dimensional beings into a realm with no life. Unless Tiamat has some teleportation ability that I missed, BFR will work. That's assuming the god killing sword does nothing, and the guy who treats death like a powerup does nothing, and the Almighty decides not to nullify Tiamat's powers or consume her like it did Aizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back