• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Sean Dolan was the squire of Dane Whitman, who entrusted him with the Ebony Blade when he decided he would rather wield the photon sword than deal with the EB's blood curse.

But sadly, Sean didn't have the willpower to resist the blade, and once he unsheathed it, he transformed into the Bloodwraith. A bloodlusted killer and consumer of souls. He grew so powerful after killing an entire country and absorbing their souls that the Avenger's couldn't stop him, but only trap him for eternity via Wanda's magic. Strengthening the bond between him, and the souls of Slorenia's people which he sucked into his sword.
So.. megaversal+ I'm assuming?

Mr.OMG

Paramount

🤔
She is technically immortal as long as the Scientific Phase exists, because her existence is supported by it, there is a core in her head and so on, and even if you completely destroy her body without leaving anything of it, she will still rise, because the core is not the more core that allows her to exist in the material universe. And her most important feature is the imposition of the reality of the Scientific Phase. When Fuse Kazakiri appears, the laws of reality are rewritten on a scale of tens of kilometers around her. Rewritten to those under which the Imaginary Territory exists. This creates a "reality" in which magic cannot be used. Any mage who tries to use magic within the realm gets overloaded and harms himself.

Doesn't work, no. God Hand doesn't gain resistance upon being damaged, it grants resistance only after recovering from the damage.

If he's being continually damaged, he doesn't fully recover, so he doesn't gain resistance.

Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works Animation Material I Kinoko and Takashi Q & A p042
Q: With Berserker's Noble Phantasm God Hand, you gain resistance to an attack once you're hit by it, but do you only gain this resistance by having died once? Would the same attack be effective multiple times as long as it was before he died? <Madao Gingetsu>
Nasu: You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.
Takeuchi: Oh, feels like it has been toned-down. Wouldn't it have completely nullified it before?
Nasu: I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated. BB: "Mine is to nullify all attacks, Macho-san's is to triple his defense! What's the difference!?" Heracles: "It's not even close (to your hacked ability)!"
Takeuchi: No matter how you put it, it's an overpowered skill.

Nasu: You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.

faq-mega-man-x-online-deathmatch.gif

How... how the fuck can you misconstrue something so blatantly stated and yet somehow come away with:
You don't have to die, you'll just get +100 Fire Resistance when you are damaged by Fire to somehow equal
"You NEED to die to gain resistance, it won't happen otherwise" because if that's the case, God Hand wouldn't be as broken as it actually is and how Nasu meant it to be(As he explicitly WANTS it to be so broken that if Heracles is plopped into the wrong HGW, he would win it by default).

I have no idea why you're even trying to compare random fire to an effect applied to him. He's repeatedly shown to be capable of producing shockwaves (whether upon revival or at will, doesn't really matter) which would blow away the fire, It isn't some kind of magical cleanse effect that removes anything that ever affected him.

Shigaraki's Decay > Lostbelt Artemis's Planet Busting Main Canon/Excalibur/Salter's Mana Burst/Other bullshit Noble Phantasms.

Dear lord, the wank for Shigaraki is off the goddamned charts... again:

Screenshot_20210611-190946.png

Characters who has such willpower can fuck with causality on a Large Planetary+ scaling... somehow cannot deal with Shigaraki's Decay that Star and Stripe can resist for quite a bit and not be instantly decayed...

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Irony is off the charts in this thread.

TES side immediately started using the same kind of arguments Spacebattles uses to downplay TES, and then got mad when the Elden Ring side threw their own rhetoric back at them in retaliation.

seth

Preeminent
On that note, where do tokusatsu series like Power Rangers and Kamen Rider sit anyway?
I know the top tiers are multiversal+.
so tokusastu.

Super sentai goes to multiversal+ as of the previous sentai. The next best thing is threhtning 11 universes

Ultraman goes to universal

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Like I don't get it myself. These people go through this on Spacebattles, and now instead of being better than that, they do the same exact thing against anything pitted against TES.

You would figure they would revile this after being subject to it.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Kazakiri probably wasn’t using it when she fought Gabriel. The only time she has it on is when she was brainwashed with a virus corrupting her.

Besides she doesn’t need it. Not when this is her level of competition for more than half that gauntlet.

Servant like Mordred dying to the kind of destruction characters weaker than Kazakiri shrug off literally thousands of
5nD4NS4_d.webp

@Xhominid The Fool I'm going to start crying tears of frustration over this.
I'm starting to understand how you feel about the Nasuverse downplay now. :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Like I don't get it myself. These people go through this on Spacebattles, and now instead of being better than that, they do the same exact thing against anything pitted against TES.

You would figure they would revile this after being subject to it.
weird because I always saw TES usually played straight on CV of all places

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Guy mentioned "Anti-Feats" so he's definitely a migrant from Spacebattles, and so sore about it that he's now using their strategy against TES? Against anything pitted against TES.
Something something abyss staring back something something becoming what you swore to destroy.

5nD4NS4_d.webp

@Xhominid The Fool I'm going to start crying tears of frustration over this.
I'm starting to understand how you feel about the Nasuverse downplay now. :mjlol
The worst part about that is the series later has Clarent Blood Arthur trade decently well with other high level Noble Phantasms and Rampage didn't boost anything about Clarent Blood Arthur. It would have destroyed the Mountain only because Mordred was going to suicide herself to kill them if it wasn't for Arash disabling her(with his Arrows which can blow through Boulders... funny how people also downplay that constantly despite Mordred seeing it as a hinderance)

So yeah, SB has a LONG history doing this sort of thing despite the series constantly showing otherwise, not helped by Siriel who constantly downplays the Nasuverse whenever he gets the chance because "I read it from time to time".

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
If you want to laugh your ass off, google literally any comicvine thread involving Cosmic Armor Superman.

It's the funniest shit in existence.

This thread is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen.
CAS Superman literally retconned a character from existing irl:mjlol
Cosmic Superman must’ve erased him and his series from existence because I can’t seem to find the character or series.:skully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back