• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Quote me again and not respond to anything I said.
Screenshot_8.png

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@Atem it begins

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@Atem it begins
She would actually beat Valentine though.

:SusJoker:
@Atem it begins

I was waiting for someone else to do it, especially with Ruby vs. Goku.
Pre-Roshi Training Goku still styles on Ruby and it's still funny they believe she's worth shit.

It is really funny whenever they keep doing this though.
They will wank the piss out of certain series(Harry Potter, Demon Slayer) until it goes against their pet series(RWBY) and they proceed to suddenly make up the most bullshit to try and swing it into others favor:

Dementors seem like the exact sort of creature that would be blasted to hell by Silver Eyes. The Silver Eyes are even powered by positive emotions just like Patronuses. Ozpin still has some magic left too, wouldn't be surprised if he could pull some trick out of his hat to deal with them. Also, how sure are we that they wouldn't be hurt by Aura based attacks?

Where's Rule 13 usage for suddenly believing Dementors are weak against Silver Eyes? We don't even know how Silver Eyes interact with Grimm the way they do past one being connected to The Brother of Light and the other to The Brother of Darkness and yet one doesn't have the edge against the other so...

There's no reason it would. Protego blocks damn near everything up to and including purely mental effects like mindreading.

Aura meanwhile is largely limited to physical defense.

Protego doesn't protect someone from anything except in the HP Universe. That's a pure NLF right there to assume no one in RWBY can kill a Protego using Wizard.

Isn't Voldemort's modus operandi is fighting in the shadow, waging a terror campaign via mind control, ambusing, etc. instead of direct fight in pitch battle?

So wouldn't Voldemort side start this vs with trying to infiltrate and mind controling literally anyone they come across especially when their opponent can't resist it.

I would side with Voldemort here, Beacon Academy doesn't seem to be builded to withunderstand that kind of tactic.

Um no? That's the anti-thesis of what Voldemort's M.O. is. Voldemort's M.O. is to be a complete dumbass, throw his weight around and hope everyone is terrified of his existence. He's absolutely the narcissistic asshole who will jump headfirst into the blender and pretend he's invincible so people will stop fighting right there.

Why do people keep thinking this? Taking over a Muggle government with the Imperius Curse is literally what they do in canon.

And sure, Moody, Krum, Podmore, Bode, Chorley, Rosmerta, Bell, Thicknesse and Shunpike. To list a few names we're given that are put under it by Death Eater or Death Eater-adjacent people, without going into the fact that spamming it is explicitly their canonical way of fighting against governments.

This scenario has them act OOC so they're going to get slaughtered if they aren't allowed to retreat, but IC infiltrating with mind-control chains is consistently described and shown to be how they wage war.

If that's what they constantly do in canon, we wouldn't be having them be terrified of World War 2 happening in Fantastic Beasts...
It's fucking hilarious every time this pops up because if anything, they do the absolute opposite and simply are in league with the person in charge of the Country who knows Wizards and Magic exists, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back