• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Tfw the whole reason Arturia was chosen to be King over Morgan was because Morgan was too dumb to let the Fae kill themselves off :skully

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Demifiend still folds all the Persona protags regardless
:hestonpls
Would he though? Like playing Devil's Advocate with me for a second with all the Persona shit, It'd at least make them equal.

Demi-Fiend may have beat up God and is equal to Lucifer (iirc), but all of those beings are automatically beneath (in hierarchy) the abyss where Philemon/Nyar reside, who the P1/P2 cast should be at least comparable, since they got their power directly from him and even fight with the latter. :maybe

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Lostbelt Morgan gives PHH Morgan too much credit, she would have fucked up like Lostbelt Morgan ultimately would have done.

That's what I mean, the reason Morgan wasn't chosen was because she, like Vortigern, would have kept the Age of Gods (and thus the Fae) alive on the British Isles

Which is an objectively terrible thing, the Fae are the literal worst. Got the whole world wrecked by being fucking lazy, stupid bastards

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Would he though? Like playing Devil's Advocate with me for a second with all the Persona shit, It'd at least make them equal.

Demi-Fiend may have beat up God and is equal to Lucifer (iirc), but all of those beings are automatically beneath (in hierarchy) the abyss where Philemon/Nyar reside, who the P1/P2 cast should be at least comparable, since they got their power directly from him and even fight with the latter. :maybe
When I say persona I mean 3, 4, and 5, Since 1 and 2 were still called Shin Megami Tensei IIRC while 3,4,and 5 dropped the Shin Megami Tensei part

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does someone have a link to the SMT thread that Qinglong mentioned earlier? I think I'm genuinely stupid because I've had no luck finding it.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
When I say persona I mean 3, 4, and 5, Since 1 and 2 were still called Shin Megami Tensei IIRC while 3,4,and 5 dropped the Shin Megami Tensei part
That's really just marketing it as a separate series in terms of thematics and tone. Doesn't particularly mean they have no connections.

Regardless, wouldn't that still count as a connection to the mainline series?
There's various Devil Summoner references (which itself references Gotou and Thorman, major characters in SMT 1), the SMT:IF protag is even in P1 and P2, etc.
Hell, Stephen even shows up at the end of Akira's route in SMT:IF.
It's still the same "verse" all things considered. Separating them seems really artificial to me.

Even the fact that Yaldabaoth basically took over the Velvet Room could suggest that Philemon couldn't do anything about it. And since Philemon resides in a realm above the world where Gods/Demons/Personas/Shadows (aka 90% of the verse) are formed, this speaks volumes to the level of the P5 cast. But it's been a while since I played P5.

Last edited:

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member

The chart is just a visual guide of which series is connected to which + that's not even the chart I use

Devil summoner is related to the original personaverse before the universal reset but that ended after the reset. I'm not sure where this higher realm discussion is even going, we don't use dimensional scaling and the reset is the best feat we have to go off of for Philemon AFAIK

Even the fact that Yaldabaoth basically took over the Velvet Room could suggest that Philemon couldn't do anything about it. And since Philemon resides in a realm above the world where Gods/Demons/Personas/Shadows (aka 90% of the verse) are formed, this speaks volumes to the level of the P5 cast. But it's been a while since I played P5.

Again, you are trying to force in a comparison that makes no sense in the overall SMT Multiverse which doesn't even work.
Any connection between the Persona Series and SMT literally died the instant SMTIV: Apocalypse and absolutely SMTV explicitly points out that it's the Great Throne that dictates how people see ANYTHING, Collective Unconsciousness doesn't mean jack and of shit(All the latter did was literally was make YHVH truly vulnerable, it didn't cause him to cease to exist)

So I'm not sure at all why you keep thinking Persona 1 or 2 is still ultimately relevant to any SMT game especially after V.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And since Philemon resides in a realm above the world where Gods/Demons/Personas/Shadows (aka 90% of the verse) are formed, this speaks volumes to the level of the P5 cast. But it's been a while since I played P5.
I am going to keep this straight and simple, tell me where Lucifer or YHVH are ever mentioned or involved in any way in persona? And by that I mean true forms, not some random persona appearance that has nothing to do with the real one in some possibly non-canon anime that is at best a cameo.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Again, you are trying to force in a comparison that makes no sense in the overall SMT Multiverse which doesn't even work.
Any connection between the Persona Series and SMT literally died the instant SMTIV: Apocalypse and absolutely SMTV explicitly points out that it's the Great Throne that dictates how people see ANYTHING, Collective Unconsciousness doesn't mean jack and of shit(All the latter did was literally was make YHVH truly vulnerable, it didn't cause him to cease to exist)

So I'm not sure at all why you keep thinking Persona 1 or 2 is still ultimately relevant to any SMT game especially after V.
The Great Throne? Remind me what that is again?
And what exactly happened in V? I barely remember anything about it.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

The chart is just a visual guide of which series is connected to which + that's not even the chart I use

Devil summoner is related to the original personaverse before the universal reset but that ended after the reset. I'm not sure where this higher realm discussion is even going, we don't use dimensional scaling and the reset is the best feat we have to go off of for Philemon AFAIK
Well to be fair, it's not exactly "dimensional scaling", but I guess I'll drop it.

The Great Throne? Remind me what that is again?
And what exactly happened in V? I barely remember anything about it.

To basically say it, literally makes you GOD and whatever you want to do with it goes in general. That's how it's heavily implied that the Demons we see in the various games look extremely different than they usually are in various games and outright confirms how many of them suddenly became Demons rather than the Gods they truly are.
That's why what happens in the Persona Games makes zero sense with the SMT series at all.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
awkward-umm-what.gif

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
>some random no name soldier can just yeet Evil Patrick Stewart if he just believes hard enough

Absolute trashfire of a lore revelation
>literal shonen power of friendship tier bs

Wow I hope to god that was retconed to hell and back because that has to be the stupidest shit you could ever pull in a SMT game.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
To basically say it, literally makes you GOD and whatever you want to do with it goes in general. That's how it's heavily implied that the Demons we see in the various games look extremely different than they usually are in various games and outright confirms how many of them suddenly became Demons rather than the Gods they truly are.
That's why what happens in the Persona Games makes zero sense with the SMT series at all.
Alright, my bad.
I got a lot of stuff confused earlier with what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back