• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
31 foot Escanor on its own was crazy enough but if you were there you got to see Masterblack lose his mind in real time

I wish I could remember what thread it was in, maybe funniest obd meme ever

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

:mjpls
I remember the time someone (I think it was Divine Vasto) tried to tell me he liked Aizen because his "calm demeanor" or something along those lines, was unique for a villain. 🤣

When Sephiroth was already doing the same shit well before Aizen was a thing. At least Sephiroth has good fight scenes to his name AND a time when he was actually a half-way likeable character in Crisis Core.

Oh and any notable Turk folds the Espada and throws them out like yesterday's trash.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I remember the time someone (I think it was Divine Vasto) tried to tell me he liked Aizen because his "calm demeanor" or something along those lines, was unique for a villain. 🤣

When Sephiroth was already doing the same shit well before Aizen was a thing. At least Sephiroth has good fight scenes to his name AND a time when he was actually a half-way likeable character in Crisis Core.

Oh and any notable Turk folds the Espada and throws them out like yesterday's trash.
They do? :hm Didn't know they were that strong.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Supernovas main thing is that it's an illusion that we don't know the true power of. It's really hard to tell what it actually is
How do people still think this?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/zangetsu-vs-gerard.1260187/
Me: H2's Best feat is
Mar:
Empowering Ichigo enough to sense Aizen's evolved Reiatsu and constituting a major portion of Ichigo's strongest forms (EOS and Dangai training).

Both of which are far above Aizen as a Shinigami or anyone comparable.
Yet at only slightly less than half his power, Ulquiorra's Cero Oscuras could match H2's cero and he could CLEARLY be sensed by those around him (no one made note of his reiatsu being imperceptible).

I shouldn't need to tell anyone that something there doesn't add up, especially if he's supposed to be half of what made Ichigo able to smack a transcendant Aizen or be a threat to Soul King Mustache. It could be the fact this idiot is deliberately ignoring the WEEKS of training Ichigo had to do in the Dangai to actually reach that level.

He could sense Aizen in FKT because he (unlike anyone else there) had the POTENTIAL to reach that level. He wasn't there yet and H2 at the time isn't half, nor even a fucking quarter of jack shit.

The most you could give a hypothetical H2 Ichigo is being on the same level as Soul Reaper Aizen level fighters, what with the comparable feats of beating two of the stronger Espada with little effort. With an edge in raw power to H2, but without veering into sheer lunacy, that's as much as you can grant him.

They don't consider Guidebooks or otherwise canon so they go with that nonsensical explanation because otherwise and I quote like everyone else "Why need Meteor then?"(Even though the entire point is that Sephiroth wants to absorb the Lifestream when it all comes up to repair the Wound done to the Planet, not destroy it completely).

That and it would destroy their headcanon of Final Fantasy just being a "Medieval series" with only okay Superhuman powers they can put against RWBY and MHA that wouldn't also be stupid if you know... games like Brave Exvius really show how powerful they are:

Hilariously, this isn't even counting the OG characters from this game :tupac

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

fucking space battles

They don't consider Guidebooks or otherwise canon so they go with that nonsensical explanation because otherwise and I quote like everyone else "Why need Meteor then?"(Even though the entire point is that Sephiroth wants to absorb the Lifestream when it all comes up to repair the Wound done to the Planet, not destroy it completely).

That and it would destroy their headcanon of Final Fantasy just being a "Medieval series" with only okay Superhuman powers they can put against RWBY and MHA that wouldn't also be stupid if you know... games like Brave Exvius really show how powerful they are:

Tidus can destroy an island by kicking a Blitzball :hestonpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Yeah, the whole "Why need Meteor then" ignores the fact that... he doesn't even USE Supernova until getting doped up on the Lifestream iirc.

And the fact that it just... wouldn't be enough lol. Meteor is outright stronger than the Supernova. It was needed to damage it to that point in the first place.

Truly a strong planet indeed. Just like Nasu Earth.

Poor To Aru Earth is just a simple rock. :maybe

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, the whole "Why need Meteor then" ignores the fact that... he doesn't even USE Supernova until getting doped up on the Lifestream.

And the fact that it just... wouldn't be enough lol. Meteor is outright stronger than the Supernova. It was needed to damage it to that point in the first place.

Truly a strong planet indeed.

At least FFX doesn't have to worry about these idiots as much since it's big feat (Sin's Terra Graviton) is in cutscene and pretty damn irrefutable.

The issue there is the speed 'cause of shit like the Party being held at gun-point despite lightning dodging in the Thunder Plains. Which obviously ignores the fact those are futuristic guns/not equivalent to any firearm we have in the first place and them being surrounded on a platform with limited space to move.

It is still annoying when I see people saying "Noctis is obviously the strongest Final Fantasy protagonist" especially if they're basing it SOLELY on his game and not on portrayal in Dissidia or something.

Nevermind the fact even based solely on cinematics, Lightning Returns is a thing but even then, people have claimed Savior Lightning isn't even a planet buster. :kobeha

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

fucking space battles
Like he did to those robot drones right? Or dinosaurus right? Or the mauler twins right?

I can't believe for a second that anyone who read an invincible comic genuinely believe that mark is able to fight like this ftl beast, despite the fact that the man has been consistently tagged by so many slower shit.

:hestonpls

Nevermind the fact even based solely on cinematics, Lightning Returns is a thing but even then, people have claimed Savior Lightning isn't even a planet buster.

Man, people must be high that they ignored the ending...

The issue there is the speed 'cause of shit like the Party being held at gun-point despite lightning dodging in the Thunder Plains. Which obviously ignores the fact those are futuristic guns/not equivalent to any firearm we have in the first place and them being surrounded on a platform with limited space to move.

The speed shit is always stupid because it literally happens all the fucking time in fiction. Goku can react even the most subtle of attacks, can't deflect a thrown rock by Krillin or a Laser Beam.
Servants can move Light Speed and Faster Than Light but require vehicles or moving at slower speeds to get to Point A to B due to Magical Energy reserves would be wasted.
Naruto characters can bypass Supersonic early in the series, you need to reach and defeat Pain in FIVE SECONDS.

It comes off dumb everytime I hear it, it legit does and the fact people even defend it is even worse.

Yeah, the whole "Why need Meteor then" ignores the fact that... he doesn't even USE Supernova until getting doped up on the Lifestream iirc.

Truly a strong planet indeed. Just like Nasu Earth.

The Lifestream literally has as it's representative Minerva and Materia is just the Crystallized Knowledge of it.
The Planet/Lifestream of FF7 is bullshit(Moreso if you buy FFX and FF7 is in the same Universe).
It's like saying FFIX is weak because Vivi's Fire Spell can hurt Kuja so it invalidates him taking multiple Mega Flares head on and only slightly bleeding from it.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Man, people must be high that they ignored the ending...
I know, I think it was a Dante and Vergil vs Light and Bhuni (could have been Caius not that it makes a difference) thread where they were claiming no one there was planet level. :hestonpls

Bhunivelze nuked planets and stars as far as could visibly be seen with his attack, meanwhile Light and even fucking HOPE block that shit. With everyone sans Sazh and Serah (who turn up after) teaming up to disperse the attack. And those two still get to join in the final attack anyway. The power creep in the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy was pretty fucking insane. :maybe

Mind you all this was AFTER Light had just kicked Bhunivelze's ass 1 v 1.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
They do? :hm Didn't know they were that strong.

In Before Crisis they destroy the setting’s strongest summon comparable to KotR with a Limit Break and eat a few of its strongest attacks + death throes explosion to the face. They also defeat the Jade WEAPON, a single WEAPON basically being equal to Zirconiade itself, which is comparable or stronger than KotR at full power.

All before the start of the original FFVII, the Player Turk also still being weaker and slower than Rude and Reno respectively.
They like to ignore the well of evidence that exists that contradicts their head canon. Square has had literal decades to call it an illusion, all they continue to do is tell us it effects a star system and does damage across dimensions.

They like to ignore the well of evidence that exists that contradicts their head canon. Square has had literal decades to call it an illusion, all they continue to do is tell us it effects a star system and does damage across dimensions.

Yeah I believe the "Illusion" shit was literally just fan shit, not even something Squenix stated which is even worse when later games, side games and titles have them do nonsensically bullshit feats on a constant basis and it's still just ignored... somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back