• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
writing an essay about a bleach arc on high school, whew, this is some next level stanning, i always knew you liked kubo land more than no aru, sheesh

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
dddowo9-8a5d9a3d-3250-4248-b93c-02837713edfd.jpg

i always knew dbs goku aint the true goku, he got caught in rwby land, searching for pirated rwby episodes, smh :mjpls

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Fullbringer felt like filler, yeah

It happened right after Aizen’s defeat and before the 1000 year blood mid arc

Ginjo didn’t stand a chance compared to Aizen’s and Bach’s popularity, ofc he was gonna be overshadowed

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

What the fuck is this man doing?

shiny

Paramount

What a fuck is this?

What a fuck is this?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
writing an essay about a bleach arc on high school, whew, this is some next level stanning, i always knew you liked kubo land more than no aru, sheesh
Are you forgetting that I also wrote the equivalent of a one page essay just to answer @Xhominid The Apex?:maybe :mjlol

Anyway I'll just say, I think there's somethings bleach does better than toaru and some things toaru does better than bleach, that's it.

Also I liked Fullbringer arc because of how it deconstructed and reconstructed Ichigo.

To preface, Ichigo is defined by his wish to have the power to protect the bonds he cherishes, from the very beginning of the story he wished for the power to protect his siblings from the hollow attacking their home.

And while he never wanted to title of Soul Reaper and Hero he was fine with it since it gave him the power to protect his family and growing group of friends and Karakura Town.

Even with White, it was his desire to protect that allowed him to fight off White and what gave him the ability to resurrect as a Vasto Lorde and come back from that brink.

It's Ichigo's bond with others that gives him the power to fight.

So what happens if those bonds break?

The Fullbringer arc shows that in full and horrible effect, with Ginjo and Tsukishima tearing away the bonds he made, making him despair, to the point of bending his morals and wishing to murder Tsukishima, which while Ichigo had no problem killing someone if they really become a problem, he never wished to actually kill someone from the onset except for Aizen.

And then Ginjo, Ichigo's foil, bonding with Ichigo and becoming the only thing keeping him from despair, only for Ginjo to take advantage of that bond and steal his power.

Thoroughly throwing him in a despair from events antithetical to his beliefs.

Then just like in the beginning of the story. Rukia appears, she once again gives Ichigo the power and resolve to fight.

Allowing him to climb out of despair and reconstruct himself to once again fight, no different than before except for being sturdier.

I personally think it's a beautiful full circle that cuts into the essence of Ichigo Kurosaki.

Not to say that there isn't stuff wrong with it though.

I do wish there be more pages of introspection with Ichigo and Rukia.

And the part where Orihime somehow regains her love for Ichigo because lol feelings should be cut.

Why are we equating Devil fruits to magic? it doesn't make any sense.

Because that's how Rule 13 works...

Except we are being told that Devil fruits are akin to natural phenomena (Logias). The concept Magic literally doesn't except in the One piece. Haki, Scientific weapons and Devil fruits are the only things that grants them supernatural powers.

Magecraft literally replicates known Phenomena including natural Phenomena, I don't know how that makes it bypass Magic Resistance.
Besides, Haki is basically the same shit as Magical Energy so fucking WHOOPS.

That is still not Magic. My stance doesn't change, Devil fruits literally alters your DNA, All logias are natural phenomena by default, even Nami went as far as describing Enel's lightning as natural lightning. Magic is reliant on magical power, Mana regen, etc etc, which Devil fruits doesn't rely on, nor does the user need to replenish "Mana" to use their abilities.

Honest to god, I don't know how most Devil Fruits are "Natural Phenomena" when looking at the Nika Fruit as well as most Zoan fruits and Paramecia...
And I don't know how this doesn't end with Karna and Arjuna curbstomping the entire verse.

I mean, that applies to virtually everything like running, swimming, walking. Mana is often portrayed as formless supernatural energy that exists within every lifeform and people can replenish Mana/Magic from the atmosphere that makes contact with their skin like breathing oxygen, but in One piece case we know that Devil fruit powers takes the form of a fruit, which is spectulated to be the desires of the people (I wasn't correcting you, but just wanted to elabore a bit more on it).

How does any of this matter?! At all? Magical Energy comes from the Soul and the Mana around the air, most Modern Mages uses the energy from their soul. Haki is basically energy from the user's will or their soul, there's no functional difference on top of rule 13 and the OP outright saying both are the same.

>Beginning of the series luffy outpaced gun fires before they could hit Zoro and Korby.
>Beginning of the series luffy avoided an explosion at point-blank range from his fight with Don Krieg.
>Whisky Peak Zoro disappeared and reappared in front of 100 professional hitmen.
>Skypia Luffy kicked a lightning ball out of the air.
>Kalifa reacted to natural lightning while momentarily caught off-guard.

Cool, Karna and Arjuna stack to the Servants capable of reacting to FTL attacks

And that doesn't answer my question WHY should haki equate to magical energy when both aren't remotely the same thing. How is willpower correlated to a supernatural energy? Besides, Haki nullifaction isn't an exclusive weakness to Law, he blatanlty says that strong enough haki nullifies DEVIL FRUITS abilties, notice he used plural, instead of saying Haki only nullifies Ope Ope no mi. Furthermore, Law's spatial manipulation is layered since it could bypass Vergo's haki. The only reason it failed against Big mom and Kaido is precisely because of their tremendous Haki.

Okay, that's no different than how Magic Resistance works and Karna and Arjuna even as Servants sit on an absolute assload of Magical Energy. They would basically no sell any DF from all but the most BS of characters.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Now this seems like a decent thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back