• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

Gee, Mook, it's almost like there's a reason that doesn't happen.

It couldn't be that the Tribunal are, say, lazy pieces of shit for the most part (they are right?) and that the individuals you just listed are, oh, just as strong as them?

Just my thoughts on the matter anyway.
Not only that the Tribunal were growing weaker without access to the Heart of Lorkhan, and Dagoth Ur in the meantime was growing stronger because he had constant direct access to it.

@Xhominid The Apex @Astaro
EiiUfoqUcAAa6JH

>Shirou and Touma telling people that they arent living life properly
:hestonpls

Not a bad image to be real with you there...
EMIYA still clowns the both of them in sheer badassery :oldryoma

Honestly, I've had far more experience with SB ignoring the conservation of energy and pretending that any feats are done "because magic" (even when surprise surprise, the series itself repeatedly and directly says that performing the feat takes energy/power).

Honestly, I always laugh at the "dismiss a feat because Magic" shit when most series these days explicitly go out of their way to state that Magic is recreating the phenomena itself through either equivalent exchange or some other means:

Mana is an important aspect of every mage that has ever lived, as it is their source of "magic power" 「魔力 maryoku」, which is used to cast magic spells. This energy is naturally existing and flowing in the environment and within everyone.[1] Due to this, it is common knowledge that everyone is able to use magic to some extent. Individuals born with strong affinity for mana and with exceptional magic power are said to be "loved by mana".[2] At the same time, people who do not possess any mana and are unable to use magic at all are an extremely rare occurrence[3] and are said to be "hated by mana".[4]

Kara no Kyoukai Special Pamphlet - Encyclopedia: Magecraft [Others], p.038-039 [T]
Magecraft [Others]

A general term representing activities that artificially re-enact Mysteries/Miracles.
Although there were some differences depending on traditions and schools, the basic principle was still "the transformation of the magical energy that exists within the practitioner or the environment".
The practitioner would issue Commands according to the Foundation (System) of his school, and this would cause the execution of a predetermined Program.
Magical energy was the electrical current required to deliver the command.
Although magecraft gave the impression of omnipotence, it fundamentally produced Mystery through the principle of equivalent exchange.
It was possible to transform one thing into another, but it was impossible to produce something from nothing.
However, the essence of magecraft as a discipline was to challenge that "Nothingness", and endeavor towards the impossible. Large-scale spells such as the so-called Grand Sorceries, Grand Rituals were really purposeless if not for attempting to reach " " (Kara) or True Magic.
Kara no Kyoukai was a story of one magus' attempt at challenging "Nothingness".

So it makes it ridiculous that they constantly use it as a defense rather than actually picking out the series that don't explain their magic system and then wank it to oblivion... Harry Potter...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
One thing I do like about Fate and To Aru is that when someone is when theres a fight and someone needs an ass beating they deliver on that ass beating pretty well.

Touma has some of the meatiest right hooks ive seen since Simon absolutely floored roseu.
and Shirou shit talking the hell out of Gil the entire time they were fighting was great

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
One thing I do like about Fate and To Aru is that when someone is when theres a fight and someone needs an ass beating they deliver on that ass beating pretty well.

Touma has some of the meatiest right hooks ive seen since Simon absolutely floored roseu.
and Shirou shit talking the hell out of Gil the entire time they were fighting was great
You should've seen Touma in OT2.

He absolutely fucking brutalized the Aureleous dummy (which the anime sadly cut out) :mjgrin

Hilariously, Fate kinda goes all in at times with vicious assbeatings like with Saber vs. Gilgamesh in their first bout in the Fate Route, Medusa at full power vs. Cursed Arm Hassan.

If you ever get the chance you should see Tristan vs. Cursed Arm Hassan and Hassan of the Serenity
Dude is playing around but the whole fight sequences him just fucking with them and slaughtering the shit out of them, no real chance to mount any real defenses or offenses.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hamazura getting back at Academy City higher ups after all the times they relentlessly tried to get him and his girlfriend killed for several volumes was cathartic

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
i thought they werent the same ones as in 40k 🤔 in a multiversal sense anyways
I've only gone into 40K, so I'm not a reliable source on Fantasy, but I understand there are nods in 40k to Fantasy, there are quotes about the warp connecting to other universes, and Tzeentch mentions other timelines, but he has weird contradictions so I guess that's where the discussion comes in...

Anyway, I understand that at the end of Fantasy they destroyed the universe and in Age of Sigmar the other gods remade the universe so to speak, and without going into the gods, in Fantasy they have technology capable of moving the Moon, with that they wipe out any human thing.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I've only gone into 40K, so I'm not a reliable source on Fantasy, but I understand there are nods in 40k to Fantasy, there are quotes about the warp connecting to other universes, and Tzeentch mentions other timelines, but he has weird contradictions so I guess that's where the discussion comes in...

Anyway, I understand that at the end of Fantasy they destroyed the universe and in Age of Sigmar the other gods remade the universe so to speak, and without going into the gods, in Fantasy they have technology capable of moving the Moon, with that they wipe out any human thing.

The Realm of Chaos reaches through all of space and time, existing in an infinite number of realities. As such, Nurgle's servants are as likely to appear in the 41st Millennium as they are in the Mortal Realms. Yet while Nurgle's servants - Plaguebearers, Nurglings, and Great Unclean Ones among them - exist in both realities, the Plague God also has Daemonic entities that exist solely in the 41st Millennium - Daemon Engines.

I believe this is the quote you're thinking of?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I believe this is the quote you're thinking of?
That's an interview, I was referring to these Codex quotes.

“Of all the puzzles in the multiverse, there is but one that escapes Tzeentch's ability to solve - the Well of Eternity. Lying in the heart of the Impossible Fortress, the mystic Well is said to be the place where space and time originate at the end. To understand it, the Changer of the Ways would need only to center its infinite depths, b ut even he cannot be sure of surviving its raging maelstrom. Unable to resist the temptation of unravelling the riddle, but unwilling to risk himself, Tzeentch grabbed his vizier, a powerful Lord of Change known as Kairos Fateweaver and cast him into the roiling currents of the Well.

To Tzeentch's delight, Kairos survived his ordeal, but only just. When Kairos resurfaced, his body was unnatural aged and ragged for such an immoral creature, and his neck had split along its length, now supporting two heads where there had only been one. After an eternity within the Well, these two heads can see things that remain hidden from even Tzeentch's gaze. Kairos' right head sees visions of all possible futures, whilst his left witnesses the entirety of the past.”

~Codex: Chaos Daemons 6e, Pg. 42; Codex: Chaos Daemons 8e, Pg. 45
"Tzeentch's gaze encompasses all of the past and all of the present. The future, however, is a different matter. There are infinite futures, fragmented into uncountable threads, ever changing, ever twisting. Events in the present generates a new thread, which instantly intertwines millions of others, created by the actions of all creatures in all corners of the universe. Not even the mighty Great Sorcerer can hold all of the threads in his mighty intellect, this limit has always unnerved Tzeentch. The need to overcome this one weakness took the Lord of Mutation to the very centre of reality, to the mystic Well of Eternity, where space and time originate and end. But even Tzeentch himself was afraid of entering the Well. Instead, he sent his most powerful and trusted Greater Daemons, but none of the Lords of Change ever returned from the roiling currents of the well.

Exacerbated, Tzeentch grabbed his vizir, Kairos, the first among his Greater Daemons, and cast him into the Well. To Tzeentch's delight, the Daemon survived, just. When Kairos resurfaced, his body was now hunched and wizened, unnaturally aged for such an immortal creature. His mighty pinions were reduced to feeble vestigial remains. The strangest change was that Kairos's head and neck had split along their lengths and now the vizir had two separate heads, which shared both the knowledge of the future and the resulting insanity.”

~Codex: Chaos Daemons 4e, Pg. 49
“Of these gods, the greatest of all are the four that are called the Dark Gods. The unwitting creations of Mankind's most powerful subconscious emotions, they may be summarized (if imperfectly) as rage, hope, despair, and pleasure. They are Khorne the Blood God, whose bellows of rage echo across the multiverse, Tzeentch the Changer of the Ways and master of the weave of time, Nurgle the Lord of Decay, whose rotting carcass oozes corruption, and Slaanesh the Dark Prince, neither male nor female, whose beauty is such that the merest glimpse will bind a mortal to his eternal service.”

~Codex: Hordes of Chaos 6e, Pg. 15 (Warhammer Fantasy)

But more importantly, Kaldor arrived in another universe that maybe Fantasy.
Time flows strangely within the Empyrean. In the scattering of the Daemon’s remains, I see patterns. I see shapes and colours. I see echoes of things that are, and futures that were.

I see an old world beyond the next horizon – a world that likely never was, where sorcery blew in the very winds and a self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers.

Mayhap I would find the answer there, if I could find it at all. —Kaldor Draigo: Knight of Titan

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Not a bad image to be real with you there...
EMIYA still clowns the both of them in sheer badassery :oldryoma

Honestly, I always laugh at the "dismiss a feat because Magic" shit when most series these days explicitly go out of their way to state that Magic is recreating the phenomena itself through either equivalent exchange or some other means:

Kara no Kyoukai Special Pamphlet - Encyclopedia: Magecraft [Others], p.038-039 [T]
Magecraft [Others]

So it makes it ridiculous that they constantly use it as a defense rather than actually picking out the series that don't explain their magic system and then wank it to oblivion... Harry Potter...

An example that stands out in particular is someone tried pulling the "because magic" argument on Wakfu to downplay a cloud parting feat, when not only does Wakfu very clearly explain that the feats require energy (and is also a Western anime)...

The energy in question is LITERALLY IN THE NAME OF THE FUCKING SERIES!

How do you miss shit so blatant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back