• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
093e9de96a729b3532a85044b57224ab.jpg

Such amazing worldbuilding that they ignored for almost the entire series because they were so obsessed with making pointless filler that explicitly goes nowhere . Homeworld was literally split apart by a random meteor out of nowhere that had no consequences on anything.

Such amazing worldbuilding that they ignored for almost the entire series because they were so obsessed with making pointless filler that explicitly goes nowhere . Homeworld was literally split apart by a random meteor out of nowhere that had no consequences on anything.
Really? That's how that happened!?
So many theories for why that happened and it's just a random meteor. So many theories of what the series could end up being a and it turns into that.
I r
emember people making excuses for why the last season sucked and was rushed, they said it was canceled and they didn't have enough time to put everything they wanted.
That show had 180 episodes and a freaking movie. How the hell do you not fit what you want to say in that run time? Do you know how many series would kill to have that much?

They clearly had a different idea of what the show was going to be at the start but then changed their minds later.
I will tell you that even the people that still like the series, don't like the Diamonds because they thought they got off too easy.

Round 1: No Types, Gods, Beasts, Aliens and Servant Universe.

Round 2: All of the above are now allowed, HP side has SB competence.

Yeah, that's not gonna save them even if you remove Servants. We had this millions of times before and we will continue to do so:

Harry Potter has no business in a VS debate with most series also based on magic because outside of Wizards having abnormally high durability when it comes to breaking bones and walking it off, they are still very much human, can die to guns and J.K. Rowling has consistently stated that if the Muggle World was to fight the Wizarding World, they would win.

The Holy Church or the Mage Association Branches ALONE could take the entire HP-verse and win horrifically. You either deal with the Superhuman Executioners or you deal with the Burial Agency which is even more ridiculous than the Executioners.
And the Mage Association Branches is basically pick your death. And there's STILL the various Militaries of the World at that.

EDIT: Dear lord, I didn't even bring up Dead Apostle Ancestors, Shiki Tohno/Ryougi, the rest of the Tsukihime group or the True Magic Users...

Last edited:

For most suitable, I'm thinking Kiichi Hougen.

EX Magic resistance. Presence concealment (only C, but still), which is very useful for sneaking up and ganking wizards. Fan grants wind and fire control and clone doubles (in the off chance a spell is a threat let a clone take it). Has an anti-fortress noble phantasm and could probably thus level good chunks of the schools. Is an Onmyoudou, so Dementors aren't much of a threat*. Also a famed tactician and teacher.

While not one of the OP ones, definitely one suited to shatter the wizarding world single handedly.

>Kiichi Hougen
>Has a bunch of bullshit hax that are on the level of a Holy Grail or more
>Her main "NP" she has can literally delete an entire Singularity that was created from one of her tools in a single shot
>Not one of the OP ones.
:heston
:maury
Man, people have either not actually read the Event or just going off her profile with little else to say that.

Really? That's how that happened!?
So many theories for why that happened and it's just a random meteor. So many theories of what the series could end up being a and it turns into that.
I r
emember people making excuses for why the last season sucked and was rushed, they said it was canceled and they didn't have enough time to put everything they wanted.
That show had 180 episodes and a freaking movie. How the hell do you not fit what you want to say in that run time? Do you know how many series would kill to have that much?

They clearly had a different idea of what the show was going to be at the start but then changed their minds later.
I will tell you that even the people that still like the series, don't like the Diamonds because they thought they got off too easy.

Honestly, anyone who tries to defend Steven Universe in any way needs to be slapped hard. They had SO MUCH FUCKING TIME that they further added due to numerous hiatuses and delays... and their story beats was still more filler than actual main story arcs.
I don't want to hear shit when most of the time, you have Greg be demonized by the group because... he took Rose from them? It's never explained at all past specific guesses.
Steven literally turns from an okay protagonist to a bitch Naruto would be proud of and actually learning of the Gem's way of life, their world and artifacts constantly take backseats to slice of life bullshit no one cares about.

Like goddamn, I basically tuned out when I saw Yellow Diamond for the first time and thank fuck for that.

He can't, because this isn't in his Lostbelt.

He wouldn't need it anyway considering that's not the only Magecraft he has access to considering his backstory.

They don't, because people love putting HP fights in a place that shuts down a fair amount of their abilities.

Siriel... dumbass, IT WOULDN'T MATTER ANYWAY because Apparition isn't something that happens instantaneously. How do I know this? Dobbie died because he protected Harry while he was mid-apparate from Bellatrix's knife.
Apparition isn't instant, it takes time and even the movie shows that it's not true at all.

Effortlessly. None of them have the right personality so Moriarty's plan goes nowhere and he can't turn the meteor into the final bullet.

Siriel, you fucking moron, there are plenty of Harry Potter characters that absolutely have a similar personality to Ritsuka for Moriarty's plan to work. In fact, you WANT Moriarty's plan to work because just like with Ritsuka, he genuinely had no one to even like until he got attached to them. If he doesn't get attached to them, while the plan won't work, he would immediately murder their asses.

EDIT: Hell, he didn't even read Der Freischütz as the entire point of that is that it's the 7th Bullet that hits the person they care for most. Ritsuka didn't need to care for Moriarty, it's actually the other way around entirely.

Moriarty's plan requires someone that will become his friend and trust him despite knowing what kind of person he is.

Are we doing this? For Harry Potter? I can literally say Kreacher and many people will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about here.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One final thing on SU is that the show has some pretty bad depictions of PTSD. Like it doesn't punish characters for taking it out on other characters (including others with PTSD), and if you have trauma it means you're suddenly an asshole and hate your family and kill people. I saw SU being brought up and remembered (also I'd been through situations where "friends" had taken things out on me using trauma as an excuse. Anyway enough of SU.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

All humanity working together with nukes and prep failed (with tech considerably above modern day Earth) but sure wizards are going to do shit.

All humanity working together with nukes and prep failed (with tech considerably above modern day Earth) but sure wizards are going to do shit.

They legit believe Harry Potter can somehow take and utterly destroy Modern Humanity despite J.K. Rowling and even Fantastic Beasts 2 explicitly states and shows that WW2 Era weapons and otherwise can wipe the floor with them, let alone modern tech.
It's like SB fails to realize one of the biggest failures of the Wizarding World next to it's arrogance is how little they know or care about Humanities' advancements nor have anything to actually deal with it.

EDIT: It's like they look at what Scrimgeour did in Deathly Hallows/Half-Blood Prince and think "Duh, All Wizards would be able to instantly tell where every Military Complex is and can instantly apparate and destroy shit despite Harry was going to be killed Mid-Apparate by a THROWN KNIFE if it wasn't for Dobby, let alone fucking bullets" rather than Wizards would rightfully not even know what a GUN is outside of it being "A Metal Wand", let alone a fucking Fighter Plane, Missiles and Nukes.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
They legit believe Harry Potter can somehow take and utterly destroy Modern Humanity despite J.K. Rowling and even Fantastic Beasts 2 explicitly states and shows that WW2 Era weapons and otherwise can wipe the floor with them, let alone modern tech.
It's like SB fails to realize one of the biggest failures of the Wizarding World next to it's arrogance is how little they know or care about Humanities' advancements nor have anything to actually deal with it.

EDIT: It's like they look at what Scrimgeour did in Deathly Hallows/Half-Blood Prince and think "Duh, All Wizards would be able to instantly tell where every Military Complex is and can instantly apparate and destroy shit despite Harry was going to be killed Mid-Apparate by a THROWN KNIFE if it wasn't for Dobby, let alone fucking bullets" rather than Wizards would rightfully not even know what a GUN is outside of it being "A Metal Wand", let alone a fucking Fighter Plane, Missiles and Nukes.
The Ministry's expert on Muggles didn't even know how a rubber duck worked.

Also this "max compitence" only seems to be used for the Wizarding World. I've rarely seen other series where they debate a series to be way more compitent than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back