• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>Heaven's Door at #20 when that shit is easily top 5

:mjlol
>heavens Door even fucking works on Ghosts and shit
:hestonpls
Heaven's Door is so nonsense, Rohan explicitly had to fight people who basically nulled it by virtue of not even knowing their Stands existed... or Kira instantly ganked him
The only times Rohan lost is by getting ganked or josuke just being too angry to care
I still need to catch up on part 6 but even I know Stone Free is one of the weaker Stands that requires Jolyne to be cleaver in using it, it ain't close to top 20.
Fucking Echoes Act 2 is stronger

Randomdude

Preeminent
Ainz is level 100 and can barely destroy a town. Meanwhile, a D&D level 20 adventurer is powerful enough to take on foes that can destroy islands or countries or even something like a Tarrasque with a lot of preparation and planning with other adventurers.
By that same logic level 100 players can beat a world eating dragon

Randomdude

Preeminent
? Not sure I get your point? He was using the monsters level twenties can beat to extrapolate their strength/power, I simply pointed out if you use that logic overlord has it's own world eating monster that is beatable by players.

To be clear I don't think scaling overlord characters to the world eater is the right thing to do/shouldn't be used to extrapolate any planet busting nonsense, just pointing out the logic used isn't the soundest as it invites similar arguments be done with overlord.

Randomdude

Preeminent
i mean

them level 100 players arent ainz. Ainz is absolute dog water when it comes to DC
everytime hes used in debates the only options everyone uses is "Time stop + grasp heart response?"
and "TGOALID and Fallen Down response?"

thats all they got
Er ainz was in the upper mid tier of players overall, there are far more players worse at the game then there are players better at it then ainz. His build was poor for over all dc but traded it for versatility and mana.

The reason those are discussed is because timestop and grasp heart/death spell are test ainz preforms, anyone on his level in his own verse would be completely immune to those moves, anyone worth ainz time would resist.

Tgoalid is his ultimate move and fallen down is simply a super tier spell. Ainz has many more spells though I assume that winds up a focus as we know fallen down isn't enough to one shot a level 100 and tgoalid is basically the last resort for any type of win. That or its anime onlies where the fights got rather cut down.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Er ainz was in the upper mid tier of players overall, there are far more players worse at the game then there are players better at it then ainz. His build was poor for over all dc but traded it for versatility and mana.
Yes thats what i said. his DC is dog water
The reason those are discussed is because timestop and grasp heart/death spell are test ainz preforms, anyone on his level in his own verse would be completely immune to those moves, anyone worth ainz time would resist.
That doesnt change the fact that these are all people know and all people discuss when it comes to ainz. Hes supposed to be versatile, remember? why is this the only shit people ever bring up?
Tgoalid is his ultimate move and fallen down is simply a super tier spell. Ainz has many more spells though I assume that winds up a focus as we know fallen down isn't enough to one shot a level 100 and tgoalid is basically the last resort for any type of win.
Too bad thats all anyone ever talks about when discussing ainz

Any Spellcaster worth their salt when they see Ainz

Randomdude

Preeminent
Yes thats what i said. his DC is dog water

That doesnt change the fact that these are all people know and all people discuss when it comes to ainz. Hes supposed to be versatile, remember? why is this the only shit people ever bring up?

Too bad thats all anyone ever talks about when discussing ainz

Any Spellcaster worth their salt when they see Ainz

I mean it's lower then specailized spell caster focusing on dps but he wasn't exactly lagging behind by a huge margin, he beat many players who had stronger builds.

Because they're the first moves and a lot of characters don't make it past that point? Or the foes he's up against are so op only death hax and tgoalid can possibly save him (Bad match ups) It's rare ainz is put against someone on his level that resist all his hax, and when he is it usually leads to an interesting discussion.

Ive seen nuclear blast, negative energy, paralysis, summons (of demons, angels, elementals, and undead), soul burning fire, invisibility, charm/mind control, damage negation, greater rejection ect come up in debates where it's not a complete stomp for either side.

There are also many utility spells aren't that useful in a fight, creating castles/items, anti divination spells, divination, resurrection, species changing items, wish ect aren't that useful in white room esq scenarios.

Last edited:
I mean it's lower then specailized spell caster focusing on dps but he wasn't exactly lagging behind by a huge margin, he beat many players who had stronger builds.

Because they're the first moves and a lot of characters don't make it past that point? Or the foes he's up against are so op only death hax and tgoalid can possibly save him (Bad match ups) It's rare ainz is put against someone on his level that resist all his hax, and when he is it usually leads to an interesting discussion.

Ive seen nuclear blast, negative energy, paralysis, summons (of demons, angels, elementals, and undead), soul burning fire, invisibility, charm/mind control, damage negation, greater rejection ect come up in debates where it's not a complete stomp for either side.

There are also many utility spells aren't that useful in a fight, creating castles/items, anti divination spells, divination, resurrection, species changing items, wish ect aren't that useful in white room esq scenarios.

I feel you are missing the point here...

What Ainz does at level 100, hell, what any Warrior does at lvl 100 is absolute dogshit compared to a level 20 anything in D&D.
@Papa Nier (or Atem) has given us many examples of where D&D primarily stands at in terms of level and power and Overlord isn't anything close to it.

Even assuming the Servants can guess Regulus’s weakness which sure isn’t going to be obvious when all they know is at best his name. They’d still have to locate and kill his wives before he just kills them, and that’s ignoring the other Archbishops in play.

1. Why do they keep bringing in all of his wives into a VS. topic?
2. Why does Ruby assume that Servants can't detect where his wives are? They aren't in a different space or anything like that, they would have to be in a location that anyone can access, that's how Regulus died to begin with.
3. None of the other Archbishops are anywhere near strong enough to handle any Servant, let alone the 5th HGW

Gae Bolg would just fail Vs Regulus. It doesn’t matter if you’re reversing causality to stab someone in the heart if it’s completely and utterly impossible to do so.

How would it fail? It may not be his Heart but the rest of his body will still get messed up hardcore by it anyway.
Hell, Gilgamesh would probably just murk him with Enuma Elish or bind his ass with Enkidu just to hold him down for awhile. There are plenty of attacks in the Nasuverse that ignores Spatial abilities or warps it.

EDIT: Hell, it's funny as hell they ignore Medea who absolutely can fuck over all of the Archbishops on her own.

Randomdude

Preeminent
I feel you are missing the point here...

What Ainz does at level 100, hell, what any Warrior does at lvl 100 is absolute dogshit compared to a level 20 anything in D&D.
@Papa Nier (or Atem) has given us many examples of where D&D primarily stands at in terms of level and power and Overlord isn't anything close to it.
He used an example of them fighting island destroying monsters in the original comment I quoted, I simply pointed out using that same logic ainz and coe fought a monster that ate worlds. It wasn't a strong argument/statement on it's own as if your taking the stance that adventurers can damage/kill these super op monsters which makes them strong, then ainz is capable of harming and killing with teamwork a dragon that ate worlds.

Id also argue that heavily depends on the edition of dnd your using, what ruleset your following and what dungeon master is preceding over your campaign. That's neither here nor there though

Also read the statement Im quoting? His complaint is explicitly why death magic and time stop are such center pieces of ainz debates if he's versatile/has other spells, I pointed out why thats the case. It's quite simply bad debates where nothing else is relevant because ainz either instantly dies or kills them with his first moves.

Last edited:
He used an example of them fighting island destroying monsters in the original comment I quoted, I simply pointed out using that same logic ainz and coe fought a monster that ate worlds. It wasn't a strong argument/statement on it's own as if your taking the stance that adventurers can damage/kill these super op monsters which makes them strong, then ainz is capable of harming and killing with teamwork a dragon that ate worlds.

Again, that's just a statement with no basis in it which is less than piss. We've seen Ainz's best and it's nothing close to what D&D characters can do.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Depends on the dnd character, the edition, the writer, and the story they're telling.

Again I don't understand what your issue is? I pointed out ainz has many spells that don't often get a chance to shine and stated why (Poorly thought out/bad debates). I pointed out why I felt the argument about killing powerful monsters was a flawed one/one that invites wanking of overlord (Like I said I don't subscribe to the idea anything in overlord should be scaled to the world eater)

You just seem to hate overlord and disparage it for being weaker/worse then dnd, which is valid but I don't really see how it's relevant at this point as the discussion was more focused on ainz one trick nature in vs debate settings which isn't due to a lack of spells (in the course of the novels he uses over 115 of his 700 spells and innumerable magical items,) but the result of poor debating/ill thought out match ups that result in ainz instantly dying or instantly killing his enemy.

Last edited:

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
3670166-1350097032-31941.png

:lolwat

That's some high ass density .

Tell me about it...

You just seem to hate overlord and disparage it for being weaker/worse then dnd, which is valid but I don't really see how it's relevant at this point as the discussion was more focused on ainz one trick nature in vs debate settings which isn't due to a lack of spells (in the course of the novels he uses over 115 of his 700 spells and innumerable magical items,) but the result of poor debating/ill thought out match ups that result in ainz instantly dying or instantly killing his enemy.

I may not like Overlord but you are literally missing why I'm even arguing in the first place...
Overlord: It pinches spells and sort of shit from D&D... that's all it does. We literally have someone who constantly reads up on D&D who backs that up.
It doesn't matter which guide you are talking about here because we are talking on a versus scaling here.
D&D backs itself up harder than Overlord does, plain and simple.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Depends on the dnd character, the edition, the writer, and the story they're telling.

Again I don't understand what your issue is? I pointed out ainz has many spells that don't often get a chance to shine and stated why (Poorly thought out/bad debates). I pointed out why I felt the argument about killing powerful monsters was a flawed one/one that invites wanking of overlord (Like I said I don't subscribe to the idea anything in overlord should be scaled to the world eater)

The point of the initial comparison between Ainz and DnD wasn't about the quality of debates or the like the two generate.

It was a complaint that people attempt to use DnD to inflate Ainz's standing in vs debates because the system he uses is superficially similar to DnD's system.

The point being made is that a level 20 character in DnD is capable of far more impressive feats than Ainz is at level 100, and thus Ainz being a "high-level" character inside of a Pseudo-DnD system does not in any way cause him to scale to "high-level" characters in DnD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back