• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

>Thor can react to relativistic speeds but can't move that fast and is also somehow hypersonic

:rock

>Thor can react to relativistic speeds but can't move that fast and is also somehow hypersonic

Again, why are you surprised? This is the same place that has people arguing this:

I think you're massively underestimating how much stronger Tanjiro gets in terms of cutting power; Rui's webs < Rui's neck < Giyu's casual strikes < Rengoku's peak strikes < Akaza's neck < Tanjiro's blow. Even if we assume that Yuji could take some of those blows and keep chugging, like he does against Sukuna's Cleave, Tanjiro is simply so much faster than he can cut them down repeatedly.

and this:

I don't know if this has occurred to you but buildings are mostly empty space. Being smashed through skyscrapers might involve plowing through a few internal walls or windows, but clearly he's not going through load-bearing supports given the fact that the buildings stay standing. A tank round would plow through skyscrapers like that effortlessly and even pre-Final Selection Tanjiro hits on that level. Being slammed through the street is the best feat and even then it's not impressive enough to withstand the kind of cutting power that Tanjiro can output.
I checked Chapter 214 and nowhere does it show that he cracked the foundation of the skyscraper by jumping onto it.

And not only be not laughed out the forum, but actually be taken seriously. So no shit they will both confirm, reject and then outright state a character is at that speed all in one paragraph anyway.

Also, in terms of said blows, I still don't think that they're stronger than Muzan's hits, and EoS Tanjiro was strong enough to parry said blows. One of those blows also hits Tanjiro but he blocks it without taking damage. I genuinely don't see them meaningfully doing anything to Tanjiro, and due to Total Concentration: Constant plus his other training, I genuinely think he can outlast them. The Final Selection was seven days on a demon infested mountain; he fought the Yoriichi doll for six days without food or sleep; in the Swordsmith Village Arc, he is nearly shocked into unconsciousness, gets blasted by soundwaves until his body goes numb, gets slammed down into the ground hard enough that he momentarily loses consciousness, and keeps fighting and is still strong enough to blitz through them after unlocking his Mark.

Speaking of stupidity, I can never understand how this is supposed to be a major feat for Muzan or Tanjirou considering:

1. Muzan only only destroyed PART of a Building which isn't as much DC as the dude or people on SB think it is. Muzan is probably Building to CB, maybe MCB if you are being generous... except he was also dramatically weakened due to his cells aging(You know? White hair? Muzan had Black Hair and that feat was done after he aged).

2. Tanjirou basically had to focus everything on blocking a tentacle on a second for every second... of an aged Muzan. Again, it actually lowers his abilities 2 fold because it's not something Tanjirou can easily do(Completely focusing on a task is different than being able to deal with it without much thought) and Muzan was slower than he normally is(So I'm not sure why they are bringing up him killing the Lower Moons as if that tracks to him being physically weaker and slower).

3. The Yoriichi doll =/= Yoriichi or Tanjirou should have murdered Muzan effortlessly, what the fuck is this?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

he outspeeds an ftl ship in the very first chapter of simonson's run and avoids its much faster projectiles lol oh you meant wallversal noaru thor nvm :wow

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
SB at this point is a great disappointment of something with a very good history. Can still remember when I stumbled upon it as a child. Debates those days were more fun, even when I was an observer. At least in that day, skepticism was shown to all series. These days, it's just plain biases.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
. The Yoriichi doll =/= Yoriichi or Tanjirou should have murdered Muzan effortlessly, what the fuck is this?
Genuinely believing that Tanjirou scales to Mujan and Tanjirou>>>Yoriichi is stupid. Like have they not read the entire series? Yoriichi is a monster by the terms of DS. Even in old age Yoriichi has more chance to end Muzan (fairly) than what the entire cast of Cops can.

=> Also, it breaks the setting. Something that SB really likes to follow.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

darthzion is correct actually. Thor’s got the reaction and combat speed and the other stats comparable to a Saint but… Silvia notes she’s much faster in overall movement and called Thor the kind whose strength can’t be applied for speed.

While licking her lips and continuing to control the rope that danced through the air drawing out complicated sigils, Silvia headed straight for him. The intense sense of danger Thor felt slowed the speed at which time seemed to pass for him, but that maid’s speed still overshadowed his.

“Mjöooooooooooooolniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir!!!!!” he shouted.

The ground wobbled. Silvia initially assumed just placing the road back on its support after ripping them apart must not have been enough to keep its balance, but that was not it.

It was not simply wobbling.

She could feel clear intent in the motion.

“Did you forget, you piece of shit…?”

She heard something from below.

That was when Silvia finally realized what was happening.

“Don’t tell me…you’re forcibly lifting up the road!?

“The Lightning God Thor was a god of superhuman strength. Throughout all of Norse mythology only two could use the lightning hammer Mjölnir because of how damn heavy it was. My spiritual items include his belt. I hold the name of the god of war said to be even more powerful than the god that ripped apart Fenrir’s jaws. Do you really think a mere bridge is going to be enough to crush me!?”

Silvia’s vision rose by about 15 meters in an instant.

No…

Thor had taken the block of road trying to crush him and thrown it straight up into the air.

(So he’s the type with strength that he cannot convert into speed.)

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Genuinely believing that Tanjirou scales to Mujan and Tanjirou>>>Yoriichi is stupid. Like have they not read the entire series? Yoriichi is a monster by the terms of DS. Like even in old age Yoriichi has more chance to end Muzan (fairly) than what the entire cast of Cops can.

Yoriichi really had Muzan shook several hundred years after he already passed away :mjlol

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount

jungle level tiber septim
Are you really surprised? This site refuses to believe greybeard as anything but a building level despite having lore and gameplay mechanics to back up their absurd power. SB downplays anything in Elder Scroll not named Celestrial, Prince, and Gods. And this is because the lore is so clearly written for them, they can't refuse it.

SB at this point is a great disappointment of something with a very good history. Can still remember when I stumbled upon it as a child. Debates those days were more fun, even when I was an observer. At least in that day, skepticism was shown to all series. These days, it's just plain biases.

Honestly, SB took a STEEP decline after like 2019-2020. They was already pretty shit back then too but at the very least, it was more or less just being irritating but ultimately accepting something if there was enough basis for it(Even if they cried about it later).

These days? They are legit no different than Reddit on any level with literally going with ABC Logic and pulling a feat from the Anime and going "This is how fast they are, they win" and going full blast on bias at that.

Genuinely believing that Tanjirou scales to Mujan and Tanjirou>>>Yoriichi is stupid. Like have they not read the entire series? Yoriichi is a monster by the terms of DS. Like even in old age Yoriichi has more chance to end Muzan (fairly) than what the entire cast of Cops can.

That's what makes it funny, Starsight literally pulls that shit out as if it's supposed to be a major feat for Tanjirou... but he links us the page where Tanjirou has to constantly stay focused and say fuck it to how badly he's getting wrecked to not instantly die to Muzan:

xxXME0A.jpeg

Like this isn't the feat they think it is but goddamnit it, it's better than the feat Itadori can deal with... somehow.
EkE7klE.jpeg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
When fighting Silvia, Thor had to apply his Arc Fusion Blades to his boots as makeshift rockets for quick bursts just to keep up with her pace.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yoriichi really had Muzan shook several hundred years after he already passed away :mjlol

It's kind of implied Yorichi was literally born for the sake of killing Muzan

Which just makes his life even sadder since he failed (still helped in the end though)

Who are most of these dudes anyway?
Are these people from Reddit/VSB trying to force something to be true? If I was there, I would show them we literally have a "hole in space" and we can't see Stars through that hole to shut their asses up.

Like I can only get the "We can't use Garou getting scared of the sneeze to downplay the feat" stuff but everything else from Blast stating the Earth would be shattered to the blast itself not really even leaving the Solar System or we never see said hole again goes against it destroying hundreds or millions of Stars.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the main reasons im skeptical of the star void isnt garou being scared of the sneeze it's that we're told as the sneeze happens that it's 'saitama's strength rising exponentially'

and then in the reversal of causality/time travel bit, the point where we see the stars in a weird foggy circle, something i thought was the strongest evidence in favor of the feat, it turns out happens in the timeline before the serious punch sq was ever thrown so it can't be related to that either

i think the last one would have been pretty solid to use but its placement in the timeline makes it not line up at all, the first one I can still see being disputed since it is still Garou's word and not an omniscient narrator's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back