• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaRbS

Illustrious
Hey @GaRbS We literally discussed this in SB in a different thread:
Shirou only guessed what Cu was talking about in that scene because IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD! Shirou only imagined what Cu was telling those girls and legit believed he spilled he was a Servant or not a "normal guy" and those was the imagined spots Shirou believed! This is what happens when you take scenes out of context(Especially when you only take what we put up in our Feat's thread the lowest end without understanding why we do both)
No one is taking anything out of context tho? We are using what Shirou was thinking about Gae Bolg as feats, because that's the best that FSN, FZ and FHA have to offer.
But for fucksake, stop trying to literally use Shirou to downplay shit and then ignore when he says something that goes against the downplaying, it not only makes you look stupid, it makes everyone who accept it into a joke alongside you.
"Gae Bolg moves at Mach 2 because Shirou has it in his head as an imagine spot of what Cu is telling them! It must be true!"
If we ignore it that only results in the Fate side getting even less feats so...
I don't think you realize that the OP in that thread limited the feats to the three original Fate works.

No one is taking anything out of context tho? We are using what Shirou was thinking about Gae Bolg as feats, because that's the best that FSN, FZ and FHA have to offer.

And that's done because Shirou literally has an imagine spot for what he thinks Cu is telling them, that's it. Don't use an Imagine Spot of all things to judge how fast Gae Bolg moves when Cu throws it.

If we ignore it that only results in the Fate side getting even less feats so...
I don't think you realize that the OP in that thread limited the feats to the three original Fate works.

I mean I actually knew that and I have consistently stated it's always been stupid to do that in the first place and technically, I have no idea why you guys are even using that when it's Gilgamesh fighting here, who HAS reacted to far faster things even in those 3 series(Excalibur is the biggest example)

GaRbS

Illustrious
And that's done because Shirou literally has an imagine spot for what he thinks Cu is telling them, that's it. Don't use an Imagine Spot of all things to judge how fast Gae Bolg moves when Cu throws it.
Why would Shirou be wrong about what he thinks of it tho?
I have no idea why you guys are even using that when it's Gilgamesh fighting here, who HAS reacted to far faster things even in those 3 series(Excalibur is the biggest example)
What speed feats does Excalibur have? Because you should already know that SB won't take Excalibur's light being as fast as light.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

What speed feats does Excalibur have? Because you should already know that SB won't take Excalibur's light being as fast as light.
:wow

Because of him being wrong about Belleophron's speed? Because it's pretty apparent if we go by Shirou's own words with that, Medusa's horse is infinitely slower than she is(Not to mention the databook doesn't work with it).
This is also evident on ultimately how that speed doesn't even work on how the 3 beginning series uses it(Multiple Servants have reacted to guns enhanced by Knight of Owner before they are fired and even in the case of Diarmuid was able to outpace Kiritsugu's bullets before he even made it to Kayneth or Iskandar closing the 100 meter gap in a blink of an eye with his Chariot)

So yeah, there's an enormous problem to go with Shirou's Imagine Spot somehow being tied to truth... when he's never seen Gae Bolg's Thrown Attack at all to gauge it(EMIYA did and why would EMIYA tell Shirou that?)

Then SB is absolutely daft and stupid like I said before so that changes nothing of what I said.
You wanna go with Gilgamesh's GoB thrown objects outpacing a minigun's ability to fire... while it's cylinder was spinning and literally less than a second to fire? And that was what Lancelot also enhanced it too.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
? :hm

So HA's Excalibur speed feat in the finale doesn't exist? The realta nua opening for the Fate route doesn't have an Excalibur speed feat to measure?
You're ignoring feats in favor of statements in the same way taking Roshi clocking a 5.6 second 100 meter as his cap because its definitvely stated as opposed to extrapolation from other feats like with Tao mounting his tossed pillar is kind of asinine dude
If he's using the light novels and VN on its own, you're being a touch disingenuous calling mach 2 Gae Bolg the best in the game when FZ's narration talks shit about broaching relativistic. Whether you take that or not, it's an outright untruth to call mach 2 Gae Bolg from Shirou's musing the best that OG material has

If he's going by the Ufotable animes, its over when dishing on shit like Caladbolg II vs Medea and Volumen Hydragyrum vs the mach 2.5ish Thompson Contender rounds.

Whether you go by this shit or not, don't talk in absolutes like I don't have receipts and the capacity to measure them dude :maybe

Before we go any further, I will say one thing:
@GaRbS For @Type-Rey to not basically want to strangle me to cause any more nonsense.

I apologize for the name calling. I only call you out as you made an account here but I'm not doing this for any stupid SB vs. OLF or OBD war or none of that shit.
I just want you to basically explain something and for me to explain back. I'm saying this to basically try and make this be pleasant and not be hostile because yeah, this isn't what I should be going for right now.
So whatever happens out of this, let's atleast keep this clean and not expand it anywhere else, just keep it contained here.

You can do whatever you like afterwards, go back to SB or randomly gain an interest in To Aru or Breath of Fire or whatever.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
@GaRbS For @Type-Rey to not basically want to strangle me to cause any more nonsense.

I apologize for the name calling. I only call you out as you made an account here but I'm not doing this for any stupid SB vs. OLF or OBD war or none of that shit.
I just want you to basically explain something and for me to explain back. I'm saying this to basically try and make this be pleasant and not be hostile because yeah, this isn't what I should be going for right now.
So whatever happens out of this, let's atleast keep this clean and not expand it anywhere else, just keep it contained here.

You can do whatever you like afterwards, go back to SB or randomly gain an interest in To Aru or Breath of Fire or whatever.
He's not being hostile or anything, relax

There's no need to trip over yourself apologizing so much dude, we're all just here taking the piss and having fun

It's not like he HAS to respond to your summons, you know? :maybe

He's not being hostile or anything, relax

There's no need to trip over yourself apologizing so much dude, we're all just here taking the piss and having fun

It's not like he HAS to respond to your summons, you know? :maybe

That was more for Rey because yeah, it was HOW I asked GarBs here which was hostile and Rey is tired of me basically "bringing SB squabbles" here.
Just like he's tired of arguing with people who are lost causes.
I have no issue with just having a debate.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Garbs getting into To Aru would be a sight to see :mjpls

But anyway, that reminds me that I need to eventually get into Breath of Fire.... maybe eventually :wow

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
That was more for Rey because yeah, it was HOW I asked GarBs here which was hostile and Rey is tired of me basically "bringing SB squabbles" here.
Just like he's tired of arguing with people who are lost causes.
I have no issue with just having a debate.
Not the way to frame it

We're playing the same game, different rule book.

Its not about getting a concession in that kind of environment, its just about seeing if you can convince each other your perspective has merit within its own frame work *shrugs*

If you wanna debate and don't wanna deal with bullshit, just PM the dude

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Eventually? Get on that shit NOW, get an emulator or a Nintendo Switch, BoF 1 and 2 is the easiest to get and BoF 3 and 4 may be on the PS3 PSN store.
Just like with me and Chrono Trigger do it.
Bro I have like a couple dozen other classic rpgs to tackle as well and my motivation to play stuff hasn't exactly been the greatest in the past week or so :mjlol

But yeah, like I said, eventually. :wow

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
FbHli7kUUAEySLq.jpg

You two know exactly why im posting this. I dont wanna hear shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back