• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
sailor moon aged just fine
huge amount of filler but in the anime, which is way fucking different from the manga, you’re largely watching for character interactions rather than main plot which usually only pops up sparingly

Reading that list, most of those anime has aged very well(Except Naruto) and considering the only issues CBR has is literally filler, it makes even less sense that Naruto isn't #1 considering the literal "Filler Hell" that permeates both the original and Shippuden that does nothing to even make the World of Naruto seem impressive.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Seen worse. Like Chaos Theory, a Worm x Raildex crossover that inserts the main character from Worm in Academy City at the expense of making the Toaru characters, most notably the Level 5s like Mugino, incompetent to make her seem awesome

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
I just found a fanfiction on fanfiction where the dude just bombed the Fate x Overlord crossover.
No complaints from me on this one.

The part that is funny is its Overlord community that's complaining. Most crossovers from Overlord are straight-up stomp fic where Nazarick Crush the opposing verse even when by all right it shouldn't. It's always Nazarick is OP, Ainz is the most powerful, Demiurge is omniscient, etc.

I will also give you another: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14036013/1/Harbingers-of-Change
A slime x Overlord crossover. It was perhaps the most hopeful project for me out of all Slime x Overlord crossover when it first came out. The author had read both series, promised to respect both sides, etc, etc. A few chapters later, everyone in Nazarick evolves into Demon Lord, despite canon mentioning that unless you are not the absolute bullshit, you wouldn't have every Glims Harvest Festival in all your life and reincarnations. A few more chapters later, Ainz is confident of killing a True Dragon by using some beast from floors 7 and 8. The power balance is already out since TDs are major players from the last volumes. Also, everyone and their granny is getting Ultimate skills when even they really shouldn't. Oh, to fuel the fire, Ainz somehow destroys Uriel, an aspect of Veldanava's power that is capable of creating space-time for the entire multiverse.

=> I lost my old account and email.

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
I just found a fanfiction on fanfiction where the dude just bombed the Fate x Overlord crossover.
Honestly, Fate fanfic community is pretty bad for making Shirou shine at the expense of the original cast. I really like DxD and let's say that I don't like what Para and other authors have done to Issei and the clubs' characters. This keeps on following even in the verse where the main cast is likable and enjoyable, but no... they need to be redeemed so they can be part of Shirou's bitches.

I legit never saw that Fanfiction but I can guarantee that outside of melding stuff together to make everything work out, it's not even that bad.
It's just funny as hell that dude loses his goddamned shit because it's Overlord "being disrespected" :heston

Seen worse. Like Chaos Theory, a Worm x Raildex crossover that inserts the main character from Worm in Academy City at the expense of making the Toaru characters, most notably the Level 5s like Mugino, incompetent to make her seem awesome

Apparently, that happened in a Fate x DxD crossover from the same author according to Welsh but to be frank, I can see why someone would do that considering what DxD typically devolves into.
But yeah, I have legit seen far worse Fanfiction that's literally a pure Mary Sue fest or is there just to completely obliterate the other side just so the author's jimmies can stop being rustled.
The funny part is that the dude's complaints don't even make sense because yeah, Yggdrasil's rules as an actual MMO make ZERO SENSE(How are there no MP potions in an MMO?! Even FFXIV has MP potions despite the fact your HP, MP and the last bar refill overtime) so yeah, fan-fic authors will change shit based on THEIR experiences of MMOs, not the authors.

Honestly, reading the reviews from the levelheaded, the Fan-Fic doesn't even seem that bad.
Basically through bullshit wrecking Gaia similarly to Fate/Extra, Shirou gets digitized into Yggdrasil like how they do for the Moon Cell and Zelretch gives him a few Servants because "Why Not?" And Shirou basically goes and basically fixes the lives of people around him. Momonga gets a girlfriend through a similar deal and characters become more than just one note caricatures...

It's not based in the New World at all which is honestly pretty different too at that.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yggdrasil's rules as an actual MMO make ZERO SENSE
Yeah idk what the dude is going on about, Yggdrasil in-series is acknowledged to be a broken as fuck game. :mjlol

-time stop resistances being a requirement for high level fighting

-a five level difference is pmuch undefeatable

-the fact that world items exist

-the devs are super nepotistic and give away cheaty as fuck skills like Dark Wisdom and World Champion

-the fact that TGOALID exists at all

- and it's that mobile diablo game lvls of pay to win.

Like seriously a game like this would be laughed off steam, that shit sounds fucking unplayable for any beginner or f2p

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
I legit never saw that Fanfiction but I can guarantee that outside of melding stuff together to make everything work out, it's not even that bad.
It's just funny as hell that dude loses his goddamned shit because it's Overlord "being disrespected" :heston

Apparently, that happened in a Fate x DxD crossover from the same author according to Welsh but to be frank, I can see why someone would do that considering what DxD typically devolves into.
But yeah, I have legit seen far worse Fanfiction that's literally a pure Mary Sue fest or is there just to completely obliterate the other side just so the author's jimmies can stop being rustled.
The funny part is that the dude's complaints don't even make sense because yeah, Yggdrasil's rules as an actual MMO make ZERO SENSE(How are there no MP potions in an MMO?! Even FFXIV has MP potions despite the fact your HP, MP and the last bar refill overtime) so yeah, fan-fic authors will change shit based on THEIR experiences of MMOs, not the authors.
There was that one Overlord fic where the Overlord fans bombarded the author with death threats because they decided to respect both series and kept the power level grounded to canon (Fights weren't even the main focus of the story like there was 4 fight in the entire 20 chapters.) Overlord tans start complaining about how Ainz would be able to solo verse with even the weakest character ranging in Star +level. I will be honest, I really like the fic since Suzuki had to play smart, eventually developing cunning and devious plans...and most of all, his victory was most of the time gained by following the rules of the gift game. (Yes, the crossover was with mondaiji.)

shiny

Paramount

This shit is still alive!
:espurrtf

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed

This shit is still alive!
:espurrtf
Sb and its craze with DS. Someday, someone will crack all the mis info going around just like how it has happened time and time again. I will be waiting for Starsight then. I honestly created that Tensura vs Demon Slayer thread as bait to lure Starsight, but all agreed that Even Round 1 stomps the composite.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
who's gonna tell him :tupac

It's almost like Overlord fans and the author simply can stomach a fic that respects both series. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14203161/1/Ultimate-One-vs-Overlord An Ort vs Overlord where right gets crushed...People in the comment section complain that it doesn't respect Overlord's power-level and fucking cite Grand Foreigner as a good Fate x Overlord fic.

Man, I remember seeing that and busted a gut laughing over how bad people was hurt by it and then recommended a fanfic that was literally Overlord stomping Solomon/Goetia which is just pure "LOL".
Then the dude who made that bitchy rant then try to make a Fanfic on SB with Albedo defeating ORT and even they went "Nah my dude, this is pure ass" :mjlol

As I said before, it's not a "good" fanfic but the premise of ORT being in the New World isn't a bad one and how can it affect Ainz(Especially if one of his "nakama" died to it), how will the New World deal with it and what would people do if they find out it can stomp Ainz and his entire clan in one go?

Sb and its craze with DS. Someday, someone will crack all the mis info going around just like how it has happened time and time again. I will be waiting for Starsight then. I honestly created that Tensura vs Demon Slayer thread as bait to lure Starsight, but all agreed that Even Round 1 stomps the composite.

Give it a couple of months because people already are stating it's getting wanked out the ass, sooner or later, someone is going to do a deep dive and disprove the ever-living fuck out of the series like this user did for Overlord:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

I mean not really? Tosen acknowledged that Kenpachi couldn't hear him, his gloating to Kenpachi is a character moment to show how prideful he is despite his seeming pragmatism :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It's cis but it ain't pis, there's a difference between a character doing something stupid because of defined character traits. And a character going ooc and doing something stupid that they would never do because plot.

I mean not really? Tosen acknowledged that Kenpachi couldn't hear him, his gloating to Kenpachi is a character moment to show how prideful he is despite his seeming pragmatism :maybe
It's cis but it ain't pis, there's a difference between a character doing something stupid because of defined character traits. And a character going ooc and doing something stupid that they would never do because plot.

While it is CIS, it's not as bad as people think because Tousen was ultimately shown to be a truly vengeful person who is pretty damn savage when it comes down to it(i.e. taking off Grimmjow's arm and burning it when Aizen decided Grimmjow was free to go).
It makes perfect sense he wanted to torture Kenpachi with a sense of irony before killing him but Tousen heavily underestimated Kenpachi's instinct and ultimately paid the price for it.

El Hermano

Acclaimed

@El Hermano
shock.png
All he has to do to solo the entire Midetsu no Bitches verse is literally just to exist.

Rewind means the Kage are doing jackshit to him, it was able to rewind him from Endeavor reducing him to a pile of charcoal, getting turned into a flying skeletal torso missing basically everything, and could also let him talk and spam his super powerful attacks due to it always healing his body.
Onoki can hit All for One flat in the face with his strongest attacks and All for One would likely rewind from the dust. Thats how bullshit Rewind is.

Meaning he has more than enough time to deal with them, since I doubt the kages can out damage Machia, Baldur's Light Dark Shadow and all the other heroes that were attacking him.

:lolwat

These dudes was literally wanking the shit out of Dust not even a few months ago, now suddenly Rewind can allow AFO to not die from Dust jutsu? What's even funnier is that Rewind will still kill AFO anyway which makes this even dumber considering the Kage have survived far worse against Madara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back