• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiny

Paramount
:oldryoma

Yeah like for some reason they think
*person explaining how powers work* means that we think he can solo the setting. shits wild man.

Bookmaker wouldn't kill them but unless them niggas have resistance against power sealing the shit son Kumagawa can at least run them hands like he did with Medaka

It's just the typical dumbshit with SB to be frank.
Niggas rarely make any good arguments and the rare times they do, they ruin it by primarily going full hogwild with it and then not being fair to criticize the other side.
They LOVE pointing out the "No one can kill God Realm in 5 seconds" but not only do they apply it to EVERY Ninja unless it's suddenly not convenient to(See how little they use it against KCM Naruto and above but somehow still apply it to MADARA AND HASHIRAMA), they also don't understand that this is a typical media convention no different than people can literally have entire conversations, do actions that seem to take forever but it's all done in the span of a second in real time.

But then they don't apply to the series they suddenly gain major wood too either. So you end up with them going like "These actions didn't happen in seconds" but suddenly "This one did" despite having the exact same problems and no evidence saying so.

Tablos

Preeminent
In KnY the biggest speed feat is Yoriichi cutting Muzan in 1500 pieces , the last time i check it was calculated between mach 4 and 8.
Anything higher than that should be considered an outlier.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
In KnY the biggest speed feat is Yoriichi cutting Muzan in 1500 pieces , the last time i check it was calculated between mach 4 and 8.
Anything higher than that should be considered an outlier.
Dunno about any calcs, but the top tier having underwhelming feats respective to being calculated are never a reason to just throw out potential feats from "lower" tiered characters. Its a rare franchise where its the top tier with the best shit, its often just a bunch of mid or high tiers and everyone else is stuck powerscaling

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Dunno about any calcs, but the top tier having underwhelming feats respective to being calculated are never a reason to just throw out potential feats from "lower" tiered characters. Its a rare franchise where its the top tier with the best shit, its often just a bunch of mid or high tiers and everyone else is stuck powerscaling
meanwhile on SB

"this person is faster than this person whos faster than this other person whos faster than this fourth person whos faster than this one guy who dodged a sawn off shotgun blast. this means that they speedblitz jetstream sam"

Tablos

Preeminent
Or maybe Muzan grow stronger and then the gap in power is higher , but that is enter into the fanfic area.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
meanwhile on SB

"this person is faster than this person whos faster than this other person whos faster than this fourth person whos faster than this one guy who dodged a sawn off shotgun blast. this means that they speedblitz jetstream sam"
They realize a scaling chain like that just means everyone above the fourth person is faster than the shotgun shit too, right?

That's all it amounts to, anything beyond that is unsubstantiated bullshit
Or maybe Muzan grow stronger and then the gap in power is higher , but that is enter into the fanfic area.
Doubtful, Kokushibo certainly never closed the gap and Muzan himself doesn't appear to actively try and train.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Then the scaling its just weird , because Yoriichi is so above in his own verse like he is better than all the pilars + Tanjiro combined.
Not really

Because it's not unique for stronger characters to have garbage for feats

Cell's best feats were nuking those tiny islands long after Piccolo nuked the moon, Freeza nuked Planet Vegeta, and cored Planet Namek. It's just how things work out most of the time.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Adding on to that, if we didn’t apply basic scaling, majority of DBS characters wouldn’t get past City block levels when the verse hit universe destroying levels as early as Goku going SSG the very first time

I know some of us here are getting triggered over the Demon Slayer stuff going on at SB but there’s no reason to start downplaying and hating on the series over it

They realize a scaling chain like that just means everyone above the fourth person is faster than the shotgun shit too, right?

That's all it amounts to, anything beyond that is unsubstantiated bullshit

No, no they do not. They love using absurd ABC Logic so that they can make it seem like Tanjirou, the Hashira, the Upper Moons, Muzan and Yoriichi are so much stronger and faster than they seem.

They also tend to see feats and then scale off of them to ridiculous lengths to also act as if the characters are faster and stronger than that but they obviously don't put a limit on that either.

Adding on to that, if we didn’t apply basic scaling, majority of DBS characters wouldn’t get past City block levels when the verse hit universe destroying levels as early as Goku going SSG the very first time

I know some of us here are getting triggered over the Demon Slayer stuff going on at SB but there’s no reason to start downplaying and hating on the series over it

I mean I never had a problem with basic scaling for Demon Slayer but as me and Black have consistently shown, they don't stop at basic scaling like anyone else, they go the whole hog in ABC Logic as they(especially Starsight) have shown numerous times to go absurd in their scaling to try and make them seem far stronger and faster than they normally would be.

It doesn't help SB doesn't have a single good calcer or pixel scaler between any of them so at the very least when @ChaosTheory123 is critical when I brought up the two examples, I wasn't saying those examples couldn't be that fast, I was stating how do they reach the conclusions they do during those sequences? Because they either never state the conclusions or they go with the absolute maximum interpretation which should never be accepted alone for obvious reasons.

Quantify these as they relate to Thanos's durability, then. Off the top of my head, some of these are clearly bullshit—Thor leveled approximately nothing when hitting Cap's shield given that we literally saw it on screen and all it did was bend some trees, the Sokovia explosion where he was standing was clearly not all that impressive considering all it did was slightly lift some buildings up and that still knocked him unconscious, fat Thor never "awakened" anything, and he very obviously does not scale above Party Thor which any imbecile could determine simply from watching the actual movies—and many of these aren't even related to Thanos's own durability, much less his durability as it relates to shearing force.

Like this is what I mean, he states that what did physically doesn't scale to what his durability is(As the person he responds to brings this up here):
8245068-4245918318-81513.gif

8761756-8536553945-f571c.gif

EDIT: A reminder that according to Starsight, NONE OF THIS scales to Thanos' durability... this is despite Thor needing his new Hammer to even be a threat to Thanos in the first place and then needing BOTH Hammers to fight Thanos equally.

But everything else might as well just go the low end route(Like Thor getting knocked out by blowing up the Island... which was retrofitted with Stark Tech and a bunch of other bullshit meaning Thor wasn't knocked out by the Island but the Tech literally exploding in his face!) is what also bothers me. It's a combo of this ridiculous scaling chain rather than just being fair and honest with the feats then downplaying very obvious feats to then act as if Demon Slayer is always this strong... rather than series that is better than say Ruroni Kenshin in scale.

There's also a shot of a meteor moving a few seconds before Onoki uses Particle Style on one of them.

It's fairly quick, sure, but the fact that we can see ordinary people shuffling along while the meteor moves across the sky makes a 50 km/s figure a little questionable.

I like how I go back to see how this terrible thread is going and I immediately find an example proving my point with how SB does things...
They want AFO to win no matter how insane it is so they downplay the speed of the Meteors from The Last to make Onoki seem slower than he is... because people can are still clearly walking while the Meteor is passing by...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

There's scaling and then there's using scaling to claim that demon Slayer characters are faster than Jetstream Sam because of a shotgun blast

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Tbf that’s not true

Hit probably has the least impressive on-screen showings out of all the major antagonists and they still exceed city block level by a good margin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back