• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tablos

Preeminent
Chainsaw man power system is actually bad , most of the devils contract are literally scams , just look Himeno and the Ghost devil , she literally disapears for a low level summon , while Denji has top tier devil in his heart.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Chainsaw man power system is actually bad , most of the devils contract are literally scams , just look Himeno and the Ghost devil , she literally disapears for a low level summon , while Denji has top tier devil in his heart.

Himeno is the typical situation while Denji happened to befriend the most powerful devil in the setting. He doesn't really have a contract beyond "live and be happy", so he gets unrestricted access.

Tablos

Preeminent
Himeno is the typical situation while Denji happened to befriend the most powerful devil in the setting. He doesn't really have a contract beyond "live and be happy", so he gets unrestricted access.
Himeno is just an example about humans using devils power , is alot of cost for a pretty shit tier skill , while fiends or hybrids can use better skills for free.
but is not a problem that big because Devils hunters are just jobbers , is their only function in the manga.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Naruto used to have a pretty balanced and interesting system with Chakra’s Ninjutsu/Taijutsu/Genjutsu and the various cool powers seen in Part 1.

Especially back when it at least tried to convey the message of hard work pays off and makes up for lack of natural talent.

Then it went the DBZ route of ridiculous powercreep for select individuals while leaving the rest in the dust. Just replace DBZ’s Saiyans with special bloodline snowflake status and literally being decided by fate to be destined for greatness from the start because your a reincarnation or descendent of some alien ninja gods

erB9pyF.png

Tablos

Preeminent
Naruto used to have a pretty balanced and interesting system with Chakra’s Ninjutsu/Taijutsu/Genjutsu and the various cool powers seen in Part 1.

Especially back when it at least tried to convey the message of hard work pays off and makes up for lack of natural talent.

Then it went the DBZ route. Just replace DBZ’s Saiyans with special bloodline snowflake status and literally being decided by fate to be destined for greatness from the start because your a reincarnation or descendent of some alien ninja gods

images
Post Pain-arc , Naruto goes from a good shonen to the shit that is today.
From EmoSuke revenge to War-Arc to Boruto , is one of the worst shits i read in my life.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Krillin and Tien became irrelevant immediately after the arc they debuted in ended, so it’s not like they would have mattered in the long run

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Krillin and Tien became irrelevant immediately after the arc they debuted in ended, so it’s not like they would have mattered in the long run
Krillin and Tien got decent representation in the Piccolo Jr. Arc. Especially Tien

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
still amazes me how new Shonen series can't beat the classic shonens or 2000s LN and VN .
Like we can make a thread about DBZ vs To aru or Nasu. but you can´t do the same with the new ones , maybe Eden Zero is the only exception .
Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya,Bobobo,Dr Slump, Yu-Gi-Oh etc are sitting among the top in shonen in terms of power
Toriko is no slouch either

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Post Pain-arc , Naruto goes from a good shonen to the shit that is today.
From EmoSuke revenge to War-Arc to Boruto , is one of the worst shits i read in my life.
Honestly was never even that good with the message even in Part 1. Hinata tried her best at training every day but could never measure up to a natural prodigy like Neji

Rock Lee spent his whole life training yet got his entire moveset and techniques copied by Sasuke with just his Sharingan and with a few weeks of training

And of course, Naruto always had his Kyubi power ups or just the extra natural chakra it always provided to give him a huge advantage against opponents that were otherwise better skilled than him

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Now that I think about it Black Clover and Fairy Tail might be the most balanced of the bunch...

Black Clover even if you get a weak grimiore if you train hard enough you can bridge the gap, same for Fairy Tail.

Sure people with better grimoires or magics have a headstart but it's not an unbeatable difference.

Though for ease, I guess just literally buying magic online is better. :mjlol
Based Magna training to get an ability that essentially goes "stats equal fam" and if you break it your break your mind and soul iirc :hestonpls

Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya,Bobobo,Dr Slump, Yu-Gi-Oh etc are sitting among the top in shonen in terms of power
Toriko is no slouch either
Gourmet Energy is another good power system. Dudes can just get all kinds of shit that just seem really good

Tablos

Preeminent
Freezer casually clears , the strongest one in the enemy team is Satan and he is only a casual moon buster , so Early of Z Piccolo tier :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Freezer casually clears , the strongest one in the enemy team is Satan and he is only a casual moon buster , so Early of Z Piccolo tier :skully
Ziggy is a casual planet buster with True Gravity that can affect concepts as well as Wormhole to cross interplanetary distances instantly.

Frieza could be in trouble if Ziggy can get behind him with Wormhole and instantly have all his Ki “fall” towards him with Gravity Drain

Tablos

Preeminent
Ziggy is a casual planet buster with True Gravity that can affect concepts as well as Wormhole to cross interplanetary distances instantly.

Frieza could be in trouble if Ziggy can get behind him with Wormhole and instantly have all his Ki “fall” towards him with Gravity Drain
i put Satan above Ziggy because speed and resistance , i don´t remember anything from Ziggy on that level.
and still First form Freezer is like FTL and is above the Goku who can fly faster than his own spaceship

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i put Satan above Ziggy because speed and resistance , i don´t remember anything from Ziggy on that level.
and still First form Freezer is like FTL and is above the Goku who can fly faster than his own spaceship
Destroying Granbell with a wave of his hand. Superior to Xenolith who could pull down cosmic ocean tides big enough to surround an Earth-like planet, and Deadend Crow punching down the same Edens Zero Forcefield with one punch that could withstand the combined explosion of thousands of Anti-matter bombs, each one of meant to turn a planet to dust.

Xenolith in the new universe did even worse to the aforementioned Earth like planet. He crushed it into nothing

QJovRH5.png

SMY4WHH.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Speeds hard to get. You’ve got lightning timing feats from Shiki breaking out of ice and dodging an oncoming lighting strike from Wizard after it was already coming towards him.

Besides that, not much other speed feats in the series. Mashima always has good speed feats a bit lacking in his series

still amazes me how new Shonen series can't beat the classic shonens or 2000s LN and VN .
Like we can make a thread about DBZ vs To aru or Nasu. but you can´t do the same with the new ones , maybe Eden Zero is the only exception .

Not really? People do VS. battles for Demon Slayer, MHA, Black Clover and the like from time to time.
We primarily just avoid doing Shonen alot because there's ALOT of media people can do decent VS. debates for and get people to get into series they never heard of.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Think @Tablos means the new mainstream Shounen anime of today doesn’t stack up to the power levels and hax of mainstream series from a decade ago or more which is more or less the case, especially with the examples he’s bringing up. MHA can’t hope to be pitted against any of the 3 older works brought up.

With exceptions of course. Black Clover lacks in power compared to the HST but makes up for it in speed and hax. And Edens Zero is leagues stronger than Rave and Fairy Tail combined.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

actual levels in obd: zZzZz tier :jordangif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back