• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Kishimoto’s short lived Samurai 8 got stupidly strong stupidly fast.

MC-kun went from Supersonic and able to cut an armored tank with effort to eventually stomping the main villain who crosses galaxies in hours and destroys moons by crashing into them within the span of 5 volumes.

Literally Part 1 Naruto to WTFowning the HST levels

:heston

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i heard sam8 got some galaxy feats at the end too :skully
Nah, MC just got nebulously stronger than the bad guy but barely did anything besides one shotting him to show exactly how strong he was. Final attack was a shooting star.

Does anybody actually read that shit ? :skully
Skimmed through it. Pretty terrible over all won’t lie. Kishi compressed way too much exposition and rushed, clumsy world building rather than just letting shit breathe and introduce things naturally like he did Naruto

Yorrichi should outspeed the mist swordsmen iirc

Yoriichi blitzes his head off.

Look, as much as I defend Naruto speed, Yoriichi is really ridiculously fast. He blitzed Muzan, massively. This is one of those 'the most powerful person in the setting is significantly more powerful than the second most powerful, who in turn is significantly above everyone else,' situations.

And demon slayers could do 'blur around town' stuff too.

In melee, Zabuza loses.

Whoopty doo Muzan? How fast was he again? Maybe faster than sound? That is a big maybe. Zabuza solos the Demon Slayer verse. This is not even a debate, the Naruto verse is way too powerful for anyone in the Demon Slayer verse.

No, Muzan is pretty easily hypersonic even among most who disagree with higher-end Demon Slayer speed interpretations, given the whole "blitzing a person who blitzed a person who blitzed a person who—" scaling chain shenanigans.

The Naruto dumpstering for Demon Slayer continues in SB...

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
wait they use blitzing tropes now on sb?

it’s not even that I don’t get why since on paper it makes sense, but it really does inflate the hell out of everything as the chain continues

For my part - Zabuza doesn't have a single strength feat that's on par with even Tanjiro's boulder cut. Tanjiro at that point couldn't even cut Rui's strings. Tanjiro then got strong enough to cut those strings but still wasn't strong enough to cut Rui's neck. Giyu casually beheaded Rui, etc etc etc... Yoriichi stands on top of a very long scaling chain of Demon Slayers failing to cut things and stronger Demon Slayers cutting them.

1. I love how they still use Tanjirou's Boulder Feat as something beyond most Naruto characters because "We never see them do the equivalent onscreen despite even a lowly ass grunt from the mob boss who got Zabuza in his graces cut a fucking log in half perfectly with a katana... that alone would easily mean Naruto characters would be stronger than that considering Zabuza wields his sword with one hand most of the time and Kakashi blocked his swing with JUST his fist(with the only protection was a piece of metal on his glove)

2. They still use the horrifically awful ABC Logic scaling to prove how truly powerful Yoriichi is when they are doing it so incorrectly, it fucking hurts. You can literally say Yoriichi is FTL and Planet Busting with how hard they push it.

And lightning-timing Kakashi is honestly a load of bollocks? I have never seen anything that would support it beyond "Kid Kakashi cut a lightning bolt, therefore he can move at hundreds of times the speed of sound". The thing is, we have no idea how he did it in the first place and how much speed it would require, which is the problem with getting hard numbers.

Lightning Timer Kakashi may be bullocks but compared to the horrific bullshit scaling and somehow scaling everyone, including A to the terrible "Can't catch God Realm in 5 seconds" downplay is just as devious and ridiculous.

Besides, the notion that Kakashi, who is solidly mid-tier at this point, can move relative to three-digit mach lightning is especially strange to me because Kirin is hyped up as a jutsu that "cannot be evaded" because "the speed of lightning is 1/1000 of a second" and "faster than sound". Why is the speed of sound even a benchmark if every Jonin can outpace it by orders of magnitude? And this is in relation to Itachi, who would (and did) completely fodderize Jonin Kakashi, much less Genin Kakashi.

Because Sasuke avoided a fucking Sonic Boom explicitly in the Forest of Death and we have seen Jonin like Kakashi, Guy see that as absolutely nothing to them, let alone the actual top tiers of the setting.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It’s kind of adorable to see them stumble through things other forums already have a decade after the fact and not recognize the stupidity of it
it's kind of funny with all the handwringing they do around certain series like JoJo, which would probably get boosted into some really batshit territory if this were taken at face

every forum has its biases and this hobby is inherently dumb etc etc but SB's KnY agenda is just particularly funny

wait they use blitzing tropes now on sb?

it’s not even that I don’t get why since on paper it makes sense, but it really does inflate the hell out of everything as the chain continues

They have been using blitzing tropes for the past year or two as actual debates in SB and yeah, it's as ridiculous as it sounds. They also use insane ABC scaling as well without realizing it doesn't even work the way they think it does and act like it's a 1.5x-2.0x Multiplier when explicitly in Demon Slayer it doesn't work that way(Especially in the case of certain Breathing Techniques)

It’s kind of adorable to see them stumble through things other forums already have a decade after the fact and not recognize the stupidity of it

Either they truly don't see what most forums would easily deny and walk away from... or they know this is stupid and explicitly play it for their favorites...

When you have more and more people call out SB's insane downplay of Naruto speed and especially wank Demon Slayer to high heaven, the more hilarious it will be when the house of cards falls when someone goes WELL beyond their way to disprove their bullshit.

Proto234

Distinguished
Ah, its Q99 again. Did he forgot that Hancock's power affects Pacifista? Desire be damned
And he also forgot that Hancock's power can threaten someone on Blackbeard's caliber.

This guy has been in this forum for so long yet his agruments always nonsense (especially if it's involving things like SW or comics)

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
still amazes me how new Shonen series can't beat the classic shonens or 2000s LN and VN .
Like we can make a thread about DBZ vs To aru or Nasu. but you can´t do the same with the new ones , maybe Eden Zero is the only exception .
Don't think toaru and Fate are part of Shonen. Also, Fate & Toaru>>>>>>DBZ.

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
Post Pain-arc , Naruto goes from a good shonen to the shit that is today.
From EmoSuke revenge to War-Arc to Boruto , is one of the worst shits i read in my life.
Old Naruto was good in theme in comparison to whatever Shippuden was. The pain arc was the last good arc we ever got from Naruto.

Dunno, but story wise there's a reason why Freeza saga is so popular to this day.
Unless you're talking about powerlevel, which kinda dubious if things like Cell being solar system level is true

Fate has stuff that's above Solar System even for Servants, you have to potentially go with if the Buu Saga actually has Galaxy-tier feats to be above the Nasuverse.

To Aru? That has at the very least Universal characters at their max so you need DBS to beat them.

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
Dunno, but story wise there's a reason why Freeza saga is so popular to this day.Of course later saga isn't as good
Unless you're talking about powerlevel, which kinda dubious if things like Cell being solar system level is true
Nah, I say DBZ. The Freeza arc was good due to all the build-up. Anything after that was mostly mediocre or straight-up bad. Not saying Toaru or Fate don't have ups and down but over the long time period, Toaru and Fate have better storytelling and plot. Also, Power-wise Toaru>DB>Type-Moon, unless you bring in Heroes.

D

Deleted member 2728

Unconfirmed
@Masterblack06 The quote you have at the bottom of your every reply isn't from Marcus Aurelius. I don't remember who said that, but it got miscredited to Marcus. He did say something similar:
Since it is possible that thou mayest depart from life this very moment, regulate every act and thought accordingly. But to go away from among men, if there are gods, is not a thing to be afraid of, for the gods will not involve thee in evil; but if indeed they do not exist, or if they have no concern about human affairs, what is it to me to live in a universe devoid of gods or devoid of providence? But in truth, they do exist, and they do care for human things, and they have put all the means in man's power to enable him to fall into real evils. And as to the rest, if there was anything evil, they would have provided for this also, that it should be altogether in a man's power not to fall into it
Only, in the one which is miscredited to him:
but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
the highlighted part doesn't match his philosophy which he writes about in the rest of 'Meditation.'
1) "Everything material rapidly disappears in the universal substance; every cause is rapidly taken up into the universal reason; and the memory of everything is rapidly buried in eternity."
2) "Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you."
3) "Turn it inside out and see what it is like, what it becomes in age, sickness, and death. Life is short both for praise and praised, for the remembering and the remembered. And this, moreover, in just a cranny of one continent: even here not all are attuned to each other, or even an individual to himself. And the whole earth is a mere point in space."
-credit to Sionnach Gorm on his http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back