• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
41rv1m.png

:mjpls

(this is a joke btw, please don't take it to heart)

Reason why most of the OV fandom is in shambles cause most people with common sense left after Ainz revealed he was just a fucking asshole, rest migrated to SB where dudes like Overlord_Rei, Rs, OneBelowAll and fucking Nyarla are and wanking OV.

That and Russian Reversal's OV fic Grand Foreigner which started the whole "Ainz can stomp anything" epidemic and that every fanfic should be Nazarick stomping everyone.

It really does get me that Overlord's fandom is that exactly. Like with DC and Marvel's stuff, you can primarily stick with the good stories they do or with Dragonball and people having it in their childhood.

But what is with Overlord that has people acting like it's the hottest thing on the Sun in terms of VS. debates? I've seen far more broken shit in basic ass Manhwas and the anime did not raise that bar in any fashion, yet because it comes off sorta of like D&D and massively made up at that, it's somehow VS. fuel and everyone gets wanked to infinity despite there being no basis in the plot at all for any of it.

The humans are not that strong and the backstory makes it even more apparent that no one ever even matched the DRAGONS till the Players came along and that never changed one iota. Nazarick never faced any real setbacks past having one of their main members get brainwashed due to being an idiot and that was immediately solved(Only because the ones who tried to control Shaltear happened to due before it took effect... seriously, how much better the story would be if that never happened and Shaltear stayed under their control?) and otherwise, we are supposed to feel that Ainz and Co. face any real adversity? For fuck's sake, when Redo of Healer is outdoing you in that aspect, you need to quit being an author for real.
And it's not like the character study is any better because Momonga just becomes an Evil Overlord not because of his own decisions, but because of the very body he's in slowly acclimates him to it regardless while his cohorts do the heavy lifting.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It really does get me that Overlord's fandom is that exactly. Like with DC and Marvel's stuff, you can primarily stick with the good stories they do or with Dragonball and people having it in their childhood.

But what is with Overlord that has people acting like it's the hottest thing on the Sun in terms of VS. debates? I've seen far more broken shit in basic ass Manhwas and the anime did not raise that bar in any fashion, yet because it comes off sorta of like D&D and massively made up at that, it's somehow VS. fuel and everyone gets wanked to infinity despite there being no basis in the plot at all for any of it.

The humans are not that strong and the backstory makes it even more apparent that no one ever even matched the DRAGONS till the Players came along and that never changed one iota. Nazarick never faced any real setbacks past having one of their main members get brainwashed due to being an idiot and that was immediately solved(Only because the ones who tried to control Shaltear happened to due before it took effect... seriously, how much better the story would be if that never happened and Shaltear stayed under their control?) and otherwise, we are supposed to feel that Ainz and Co. face any real adversity? For fuck's sake, when Redo of Healer is outdoing you in that aspect, you need to quit being an author for real.
And it's not like the character study is any better because Momonga just becomes an Evil Overlord not because of his own decisions, but because of the very body he's in slowly acclimates him to it regardless while his cohorts do the heavy lifting.
this and im pretty sure that the overlord wanker(s) on r/www is just one dude with a thousand alts.

this and im pretty sure that the overlord wanker(s) on r/www is just one dude with a thousand alts.

That's primarily the case, especially when it comes to TheOneBellowAll who is caught doing that exact shit to downvote anyone who says Ainz isn't impressive or strong at all on purpose.

Here's some more cringe by the by:

Do you know the videos of people showing in BG3 how they one turn kills Raphael with a paladin? Their character level in BG3 is lvl 12.
Now imagine, that same paladin, being lvl 30, and wearing sets of gear that befitting a god.
If someone are in the range to "touch him", they are going to get the power of the Sun smashed into their face. That's how strong Touch Me is.
From Touch Me's in novel character sheet, he's maxxed out in paladin levels, including prestige class levels, pure paladin build. Not sure what world champion level actually is, but sounds like some sort of fighter. Being an insectoid also provides him with very good sensory abilities, like Entoma who can see around her without turning her head. Prestige paladin class also allows the paladin to have a dragon as a mount; maybe Sebas being a dragonoid has something to do with Touch Me's mount. In any regard, a lvl 30 paladin is burst damage god.

How does ANY OF THIS have to do with scaling a character who isn't in the damn story?! Why are you trying to go with a BG3 impression when that's a whole ass different system than Overlord? Even their fashion of powerscaling fucking sucks.

>He defeated Shaltear so of course he would win
So we are going to ignore that Ainz had to literally trick Shaltear AND depend the fuck on Shaltear believing he's smarter than he looks and doesn't lie to win? And that's also not including he had to pull shit from everything in his vault to keep up?

Because we watched 2 wholly different fights when even the Floor Guardians believed Ainz was gonna lose.

he's salty as fuck cause he's still replying to a thread I made 6 fucking months ago

Bruh no, you can't even with that shit :jordangif :risigif

Seriously, Overlord characters are very weak and outside of the Instant Death Hax, are legit nothing to write home about... I have no idea how people try to turn them into beings that can raze most Verses and if they just exist, people die.
Level 100 doesn't mean shit when all you have is a "High Grade Spell" that can only destroy a major chunk of a Castle Wall...

As much as I genuinely don't like Sukuna, he vapes the verse handily.

Sternritter guy stomps. Stand guy is strong as fuck, having the ability to overwrite universes (TWOH), transport sternritter guy to different dimensions (MITM, Cream), force misfortune on him (WOU), erase him from existence (The Hand), reverse and accelerate time (Mandom, Killer Queen, Made in Heaven), nullify any attack towards himself (GER), and shoot attacks from different dimensions that erase whatever they hit (Soft and Wet GB), as well as alter people's souls and erase/freeze periods of time (Silver Chariot Requiem, King Crimson, The World). Plus being able to clone himself + others (D4C), and trap people in a neverending loop of agony (Rainy Day Dream Away), plus of course limited resurrection (Limp Bizkit) and more. The problem is, Sternritters are fucking CRACKED.

Sternritter guy is functionally immortal (The Almighty, The Miracle), can reflect and amplify any attack or action towards him (The Antithesis, The Balance), automatically becomes immune to all attacks against him after a short period of time, which makes him fundamentally unkillable because even if he dies he comes back, he would be immune to that specific attack through a combination of Deathdealing and The Almighty. The Fear would let him paralyze and kill Stand guy just by looking at him, and he can bypass GER by using this schrift in the future with The Almighty. The X-Axis makes him intangible and able to fire attacks that bypass any conceivable defense as long as he can see the stand user. This spacial intangibility granted by the X-Axis also makes him immune to The World Over Heaven's ability, as it requires physical contact. The Wind would also not allow the stand user to come into contact with Sternritter guy. The Yourself also allows Sternritter guy to perfectly copy and know about all of Stand guy's abilities.

Overall both of them are strong but all the Sternritter powers together is a basically unbeatable nightmare combination

>X-Axis makes someone immune to The World Over Heaven
>The Wind stops the Stand User from coming into contact with them
>The Fear can bypass GER
>Deathdealing and The Almighty go BRRR

:heston

Man, I don't have all the time in this Universe to state how wrong this is on every conceivable scale.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

>X-Axis makes someone immune to The World Over Heaven
>The Wind stops the Stand User from coming into contact with them
>The Fear can bypass GER
>Deathdealing and The Almighty go BRRR

:heston

Man, I don't have all the time in this Universe to state how wrong this is on every conceivable scale.

The Stands are legitimately what people like to pretend the Schrifts are in terms of how fucking broken they are. :kobeha

The Stands are legitimately what people like to pretend the Schrifts are in terms of how fucking broken they are. :kobeha

Dude, you can throw a stick and hit like 5-6 different Stands that make The Almighty fucking impotent(Tusk Act IV, The World Over Heaven, GER, Deadly Queen: Bites The Dust, Made In Heaven, Wonder of U) and what makes it truly insane he believes this shit is true!

My brother in Christ, if Shunsui's Bankai can hit X-Axis, then that means a fuckton of abilities including The World Over Heaven is affecting it(Let's ignore that Heavenly DIO was able to force the whole Universe to shift to his World to teleport the Joestars to him). Like these are some of the most retarded shit I've seen.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
My brother in Christ, if Shunsui's Bankai can hit X-Axis, then that means a fuckton of abilities including The World Over Heaven is affecting it(Let's ignore that Heavenly DIO was able to force the whole Universe to shift to his World to teleport the Joestars to him). Like these are some of the most retarded shit I've seen.
Hell Lillie can still hear, San's siren song hax from Rosario + Vampire would wreck his shit if he gave her a chance to sing.
And the Jigen-Tou is actual spacial intangibility. :mjpls

You don't need Jojo level stuff to match Bleach hax is all I'm saying. :maybe

Hell Lillie can still hear, San's siren song hax from Rosario + Vampire would wreck his shit if he gave her a chance to sing. :maybe
And the Jigen-Tou is actual spacial intangibility. :mjpls

"B-B-But Overlord-sama will win as well because-" I couldn't even finish that shit :jordangif

Seriously, Lille's shit is basically just basic ass intangibility that people act like it's somehow more potent than it is despite the fucking fact that Shinigami? Hollows? Quincies? And everything else inbetween? Still interacts with physical objects normally! The only time where they can phase through shit is with specialized techniques and that's ONLY in the World of The Living but nah, he's somehow intangible +15 because of needless horseshit.

Seriously, this shit is getting cringe seeing them act like Soul Society Byakuya is some major shit when his feats don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. Arrancar Arc Byakuya? Absolutely he would cream All For One but Soul Society Arc Byakuya? No.

Nursery Rhyme's posts still want me to commit war crimes though...

Bakugo's explosions can dwarf entire 200+ meter floating islands

:jordangif

Dude, just scale his ass from the final villain in one of the fucking MHA movies for fuck's sake! Why the hell does he need to fucking lie about Bakugou's attacks as if that shit was ever impressive in any fashion?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Seriously, this shit is getting cringe seeing them act like Soul Society Byakuya is some major shit when his feats don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. Arrancar Arc Byakuya? Absolutely he would cream All For One but Soul Society Arc Byakuya? No.
Yeah best feat in Soul Society is like Town Level from Komamura right or Hitsugaya's range, both of which were likely stronger than Byakuya at the time. MHA ain't that much of a joke.

Arrancar Arc they scale to Lanza so yeah.
Nursery Rhyme's posts still want me to commit war crimes though...

:jordangif

Dude, just scale his ass from the final villain in one of the fucking MHA movies for fuck's sake! Why the hell does he need to fucking lie about Bakugou's attacks as if that shit was ever impressive in any fashion?
Because we need to keep pretending Bakugou is relevant to the verse's standing. :kobeha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back