• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
FKT Ichigo is overrated.
Not half as overrated as FB Bankai Ichigo with blut.
Clown take. I've seen people seriously float the notion that FKT Ichigo is Unohana+.
Clown takes indeed. They probably think Unohana wouldn't mid diff Base Aizen.
They probably think Aizen would mid diff Unohana in base :lmao
I'm sorry I can't here you over all that 🧂 that's coming out of your mouths. :mjpls

And exactly what feats does Unohana to keep Aizen from "mid-diffing" her AT BEST?
Oh yeah, that's right FUCKING NONE but stay high on that copium boys. :heston

>Using the Map of the Fake Texture of Atlantis to prove that "Country level" Greece is false
Can people stop being stupid for 5 seconds before thinking they are making any level of a point?

>Cinder Fall would actually realistically win this
>Nah, JoGOAT(vomits) wins

...Man, I truly do hate Spacebattles, I really do...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Dude, you can throw a stick and hit like 5-6 different Stands that make The Almighty fucking impotent(Tusk Act IV, The World Over Heaven, GER, Deadly Queen: Bites The Dust, Made In Heaven, Wonder of U) and what makes it truly insane he believes this shit is true!

My brother in Christ, if Shunsui's Bankai can hit X-Axis, then that means a fuckton of abilities including The World Over Heaven is affecting it(Let's ignore that Heavenly DIO was able to force the whole Universe to shift to his World to teleport the Joestars to him). Like these are some of the most retarded shit I've seen.

>Deadly Queen
Ain't no way fam. I don't know no Deadly Queen. I know KILLER Queen though
:maybe

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

The setting tells you that Sandevistan cannot increase running speed, because like any other cybernetic augmentation in Cyberpunk, it cannot magically make the rest of your body better. And this explicit, unambiguous statement is never retconned or addressed in any setting material, which means it still stands. Sandevistan is supposed to be the "classic implant" which was so common to 2020 and RED, and doesn't increase movement speed in either of those, despite how RED was being built specifically as a prequel and setup for Cyberpunk 2077.

R Talisorian Games knows how to say "this cyberware increases your MOVE stat." They specifically chose not to say this when statting out Sandevistan in Cyberpunk RED, which is pretty telling, because they did in fact change how a lot of ware worked for RED, such as how implant linear frames and cyberarms behaved. So if the Sandevistan increases speed, then we would have seen it in RED. It acts identically in RED as it does in 2020, and absolutely no source claims that there was some sort of cyberware revolution (or even just a Sandevistan-specific revolution) which lets you run faster while using it.

Your claim that "saying game mechanics is not a defense" is blatantly wrong. Cyberpunk 2077 is a RPG, not a tactical shooter, and it's not a 0451 game, but rather a more conventional RPG-FPS hybrid without 0451 games' hyper-intricate level design. This means that you can have greatly divergent game mechanics and actual gameplay. Alpha Protocol allows Michael Thorton to slow down time, create a glowing blue energy shield around himself that lets him eat a RPG to the chest, punch harder than a gun hits, or turn invisible. None of this exists in the reality of the setting, they are game mechanics which exist to enable the RPG systems and represent levels of capability without extremely complex and time-consuming map design.

Sandevistan slows down your perceptions and also is supposed to make you harder to hit in 2013, CP2020, and RED. This is exactly what it does ingame. The fact that it increases movement speed as well ingame is because if it didn't, it would make melee completely worthless compared to guns (c.f. how Kerenznikov was not very helpful for melee builds even before 2.0 limited it to guns only). The reason that it is primarily a defensive implant for close combat attackers in gameplay is, again, probably because being shot in the dick the moment you peek out of cover by a sniper who has had multiple subjective seconds to draw a bead on your dick is aggressively unfun. Moreover, there are a wide variety of augmentations which do exist in setting but aren't mechanized ingame (like how you can use cyberlegs to run faster or have nanomods to your leg muscles to run faster) and can be conveniently folded into "Sandevistan" in game mechanics. It's hardly inexplicable, nonsense, or incoherent.

What is nonsense though is looking at consistent explicit statements that Sandevistan doesn't increase speed, from primary canon, which have lasted for 30+ years and are backed up by the setting's own metaphysics telling you that cyberware is limited by relatively hard bioscience and thus can't just magically imbue secondary powers on people without a proximate physical cause, and then insisting that some game mechanics and a hyper-stylized anime mean we throw out all these consistent statements and this immense body of evidence.

Just because you guys continue to make this topic millions of times does not make anymore true outside of your circle:

The Gauntlet:
Round A (Surprise Attack)!
Target 1: Atrum Galliasta
Target 2: Souichirou Kuzuki
Target 3: Bazett Fraga McRemitz (FSN version)
Target 4: Shirou Emiya (Base)
Target 5: Rin Tohsaka
Target 6: Zouken Matou / Shinji Matou + Sakura Matou
Target 7: Illyasviel von einzbern
Target 8: Kirei Kotomine (FSN version)

Absolutely no one in this list is dying to a surprise attack by Toji, not a single one. Not even if he prepares for 20 years will the result be any different. And yes, that even includes Shinji Matou because here's a spoiler:

The kid there is actually pretty damn hardy when he's not being a spoiled shit for brains.

King of 🌽

Exceptional

Just because you guys continue to make this topic millions of times does not make anymore true outside of your circle:

Absolutely no one in this list is dying to a surprise attack by Toji, not a single one. Not even if he prepares for 20 years will the result be any different. And yes, that even includes Shinji Matou because here's a spoiler:

The kid there is actually pretty damn hardy when he's not being a spoiled shit for brains.
Pretty sure toji didn't even surpass atrum last time I checked jjk limit at the small town level

Last edited:
Pretty sure toji didn't even surpass atrum last time I checked jjk gender at the small town level

Nah, he doesn't as while he's no Roa, he is canonically a Lightning Mage which means Toji gets cooked and horribly.
Made worse that he's capable of reacting to Svin even after the other Mages with him augment his Lightning with their Weather Magecraft and makes it even faster.

King of 🌽

Exceptional
Nah, he doesn't as while he's no Roa, he is canonically a Lightning Mage which means Toji gets cooked and horribly.
Made worse that he's capable of reacting to Svin even after the other Mages with him augment his Lightning with their Weather Magecraft and makes it even faster.

Many servants like kiichi hougen, tesla also use lightning to attack lol :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

>X-Axis makes someone immune to The World Over Heaven
>The Wind stops the Stand User from coming into contact with them
>The Fear can bypass GER
>Deathdealing and The Almighty go BRRR

:heston

Man, I don't have all the time in this Universe to state how wrong this is on every conceivable scale.

how the fuck are they even getting past the Green Baby

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Green Baby them and just for shits and giggles fire a tusk act 4 round into them
GER so they cant even move out the way
Tusk Act IV, the slowest infinite damage projectile in fiction

all they can do is stand there and wait for the end :skully

how the fuck are they even getting past the Green Baby
Green Baby them and just for shits and giggles fire a tusk act 4 round into them

Honest to God, there are so many ways you can say the Composite Sternritter gets annihilated by JoJo characters from that combo to basically then just doing Bites The Dust for an infinite loop on an infinite loop or Purple Distortion + Green Day + Justice for absolute horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back