• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of 🌽

Exceptional
Because most people, especially Spacebattles, tends to forget that Harry Potter Mages... are hilariously inept as shit. It's a literal plot point that the Ministry is utterly incapable of making even decent defense spells and had to rely on Ron's Twin Brothers because they was able to genuinely make Protection Spells reliably and at dirt cheap prices.
It's also been shown that Harry Potter Wizards are as arrogant as they are retarded about anything that comes from Humans to the point they think Guns are Wands and have no idea how Airplanes work.

It's basically the hilarious inverse Spacebattles loves to do with Nasuverse Mages and Harry Potter Wizards where they think that Hogwarts is far less fucked up than The Clock Tower and Mages are absolute bastards compared to the Wizards... when if anyone actually genuinely read the books, it's literally the other way around on all aspects and Harry Potter Wizards are some of the most xenophobic and ignorant motherfuckers I've seen :risigif

By comparison, Mages just tend to not give a shit about Human Inventions because Magecraft as a whole is just superior to it but that doesn't mean at all that they don't care about it(That's the whole point of Fate/Extra's Universe and Chaldea in it's many versions) and their "xenophobia" only ever shows up for Witches and that's more of admiration unless they screw it up which then they get treated as dirt.
The Ministry of Magic doesn't even know how a rubber duck works. :mjlol

The Ministry of Magic doesn't even know how a rubber duck works. :mjlol

Well yeah? When I say they don't understand how a Airplane works(To the point it's Arthur Weasley's dream to find out), it's meant to show just how out of vogue Harry Potter Wizards genuinely are.
They think Guns are Metal Wands
They have a whole ass section in the Ministry to even understand basic ass shit "Muggles" do(Which include Rubber Ducks)
They was frightened to shit about WW2-Tier Weaponry and J.K. Rowling explicitly state that the Magic World would lose to Muggles in a straight fight.
They can't even dress themselves properly to pretend they are "Muggles" and it's treated as a genuine technique worthy of praise to BLEND IN NORMALLY.
And that's not even getting into the rapid xenophobia that people believe only pertains to the Death Eaters but no, it pertains even with the good guys and overall Wizardry to the point it goes straight into "Too Dumb To Live" territory(The infamous Umbridge fucking with Centaur scene, anyone?)

Proto234

Distinguished
Well yeah? When I say they don't understand how a Airplane works(To the point it's Arthur Weasley's dream to find out), it's meant to show just how out of vogue Harry Potter Wizards genuinely are.
They think Guns are Metal Wands
They have a whole ass section in the Ministry to even understand basic ass shit "Muggles" do(Which include Rubber Ducks)
They was frightened to shit about WW2-Tier Weaponry and J.K. Rowling explicitly state that the Magic World would lose to Muggles in a straight fight.
They can't even dress themselves properly to pretend they are "Muggles" and it's treated as a genuine technique worthy of praise to BLEND IN NORMALLY.
And that's not even getting into the rapid xenophobia that people believe only pertains to the Death Eaters but no, it pertains even with the good guys and overall Wizardry to the point it goes straight into "Too Dumb To Live" territory(The infamous Umbridge fucking with Centaur scene, anyone?)
Now, you're reminding me about shitty HP fanfic called Partially Kissed Hero lol, where "independent"Potter manage to fool Dumbledore with Dark Colonel Sanders (Yes, the same Colonel Sanders of KFC) persona.

Shitty because the story gets out of rails in later chapters with Faeries, Mysgonism and so on

King of 🌽

Exceptional
Now, you're reminding me of the HP fanfic called Partially Kissing Heroes haha, in which the "independent" Potter tries to outwit Dumbledore using the character of the dark Colonel Sanders (That's right, the same Colonel Sanders of KFC).

It's bad because the spiritual direction story is in the later chapters with Fairies, Mystics, etc
What the hell am I reading

Randomdude

Preeminent
I read a bit of this fanfiction called the eclipse over remnant and Im not really sure I get why the author gave ainz a power boost in chapter three (The author made up the whole stint about dark souls or whatever but it is true canonically ainz has a soul via word of god, a dark twisted soul but a soul none the less)

Like ainz has enough hax, resistances, items and is decent enough physically (Especially if you bring in summons) I really can't think of anything that could take him out (especially with his ease of access to teleportation and his cripiling paranoia) short of the god brothers themselves coming back he really doesn't need a power boost to do whatever the fuck he wants in remnant (Which the author is clearly going for that type of story/ainz fucking around).

You could argue he couldn't make a strong enough army as death knights/death warriors are pretty limited/not overly physically impressive compared to huntsman (Death wizards might actually be a challenge but it'd come down to their spell list) but the only reason ainz is limited to them in cannon is due to how weak literally everyone in new world is.

It'd be easily believable that the stronger people/souls in remnant would allow him to make undead near on par with himself (which he can already do in cannon by making level 90 undead, the bodies simply can't hold up/aren't strong enough to allow them to last past their summon timer) So the whole power boost moment feels really pointless.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Because most people, especially Spacebattles, tends to forget that Harry Potter Mages... are hilariously inept as shit. It's a literal plot point that the Ministry is utterly incapable of making even decent defense spells and had to rely on Ron's Twin Brothers because they was able to genuinely make Protection Spells reliably and at dirt cheap prices.
It's also been shown that Harry Potter Wizards are as arrogant as they are retarded about anything that comes from Humans to the point they think Guns are Wands and have no idea how Airplanes work.

It's basically the hilarious inverse Spacebattles loves to do with Nasuverse Mages and Harry Potter Wizards where they think that Hogwarts is far less fucked up than The Clock Tower and Mages are absolute bastards compared to the Wizards... when if anyone actually genuinely read the books, it's literally the other way around on all aspects and Harry Potter Wizards are some of the most xenophobic and ignorant motherfuckers I've seen :risigif

By comparison, Mages just tend to not give a shit about Human Inventions because Magecraft as a whole is just superior to it but that doesn't mean at all that they don't care about it(That's the whole point of Fate/Extra's Universe and Chaldea in it's many versions) and their "xenophobia" only ever shows up for Witches and that's more of admiration unless they screw it up which then they get treated as dirt.
At least the White Council in The Dresden Files have a much better excuse for not using technology, given that their magic literally causes that shit to malfunction around them (with the more advanced the device and more powerful the wizard/witch, the more likely it is to fuck up). It's not sheer arrogance (although The White Council are arrogant, in that they consider themselves above "mortal" law and only beholden to their own), just an unfortunate consequence of being what they are.

Doesn't stop wizards like Harry Dresden from making use of guns and vehicles and shit whenever the option presents itself, they simply have to use older models. It's really the travel to other countries where it presents the biggest hindrance since, for obvious reasons, they can't go on Planes and anything of the like so they have to travel through the Nevernever (spirit world) when they want to travel like that.

The White Council certainly have their bad moments but they make the Ministry of Magic look like the bunch of immature, incompetent children that they are by comparison.

Salfarc

Paramount

I legit have no idea at this point how many times this will be repeated and yet Spacebattles(And plenty of other Reddit sites and otherwise) will choose to never heed this lesson when it comes to VS. Debates:

There's a reason while Feats > Statements, we cannot throw the baby out of the bathwater and pretend feats matter so much because without any real scaling or taking statements at their word, everyone will look absolutely worse than they should because that's how fiction works. You can easily make Goku be Supersonic and barely City Tier if you only take his feats into account, you can make Bakugo look pathetic as shit if you don't scale him properly to All For One, you can make Artoria Pendragon Wall level and Touma weaker than that without any actual legit scaling.

This is why you have the constant shit where people love downplay Naruto speeds because that's ALL they are doing and all they are ever going to do and that's trying to put Naruto's speed feats without any proper scaling(i.e. No one is taking into account Naruto characters are superhuman into account or the fact that they can cross whole countries in days, Lee's Gated Speed was achievable without using Gates and everyone surpassed that speed including Lee himself later on and so on and so forth). Like he mentioned himself, you can easily and effortlessly do the same shit with MHA because it suffers the same damn issue and it's funnier when people use the anime version of fights as if it's not the same damn problem you see in shit like any other animation where there are ultimately different varieties of animation and cinematography for certain purposes and why just like manga, it can be hard to scale anime feats properly.

this aint gonna happen if its Naruto vs Fate. I've seen ppl say Naruto is lightspeed at least in vs Fate thread. And now vs MHA he is not even supersonic?

At least the White Council in The Dresden Files have a much better excuse for not using technology, given that their magic literally causes that shit to malfunction around them (with the more advanced the device and more powerful the wizard/witch, the more likely it is to fuck up). It's not sheer arrogance (although The White Council are arrogant, in that they consider themselves above "mortal" law and only beholden to their own), just an unfortunate consequence of being what they are.

Doesn't stop wizards like Harry Dresden from making use of guns and vehicles and shit whenever the option presents itself, they simply have to use older models. It's really the travel to other countries where it presents the biggest hindrance since, for obvious reasons, they can't go on Planes and anything of the like so they have to travel through the Nevernever (spirit world) when they want to travel like that.

The White Council certainly have their bad moments but they make the Ministry of Magic look like the bunch of immature, incompetent children that they are by comparison.

It's funny because as you stated yourself there are a number of series that actually has various Wizards use tech and magic together in various fashion and hilariously, the Nasuverse is little different despite again what others tell you(Most people think they are technology illiterate because Rin Tohsaka is... despite her being technology illiterate is exclusive to her). There are plenty of Nasuverse Mages that uses Magecraft to not themselves but guns, weapons and vehicles in various fashions(This is also why Fate/Zero has genuine issues because while Urobuchi does try and answer this with the Origin Round, it does not help that Nasu made similar ass shit that's even more fucked up without making Kiritsugu look like a mong for not using Magecraft to enhance his guns).

And it still doesn't help that much because why enhance a gun with potent enough Magecraft is a threat to a whole ass army? There's a reason that in Strange Fake, the US Military refused to ignore The Clock Tower as they alone would whoop their asses wholesale unless they got backup from the Native Americans.

this aint gonna happen if its Naruto vs Fate. I've seen ppl say Naruto is lightspeed at least in vs Fate thread. And now vs MHA he is not even supersonic?

I know, this is not my first or last rodeo seeing this and that was meant to be my point. They keep going into the issues with Naruto speed feats... only to then believe this is not the case with KCM2 and beyond but still apply it to certain characters anyway who would still benefit(Like Kakashi and Guy without Gates and so on). They will then think they are slick and completely change it as if they never argued it if it is a series they want to lose.

You forget the consistent reason why I bring up Universal Shinrabanshoman? I don't bring it up because it was funny, I bring it up because they used it despite how absolutely retarded it was to defeat ORT... just for the literal next thread that was done 4 days later after they "agreed" on it to then say it's insane to believe Universal Shinrabanshoman is a thing. From the very same guy who believed in it to say Universal Shinrabanshoman is a thing and can defeat ORT.

It was so legitimately insane, I forgot the thread it was brought it on, but it was used to highlight the explicit bias of Spacebattles... and they tried to act like "That's how VS. Debates work!" and it's like "So you are basically saying outright that you have no actual rules or guidelines or anything even VSB has"? And to this day, they will still against multiple other series if it's a clear favorite they want to win and will use it FOR it if the other side is a series they want to lose. It's why when we disparage the shit out of the FV OBD, there's a reason we state they are Spacebattles 2.0:

It's not a compliment and anyone who is still there and knows that would know how bad of a critique that is.

EDIT: The worst part is that you can easily tell they had their own biases against ORT as they downplayed him any and every way they could before they went with the person's insane ramblings that Universal Shinrabanshoman is a thing based on Giovanni's ramblings as if anything he says is true. This is despite the fact that neither The Evangelist's reach nor Shinrabanshoman's reach ever extended beyond Earth(Something that's critical in Soul Eater as the Sun and Moon are explicitly far closer to the Earth to the point of being easily reached in Soul Eater) in any legit fashion. Meanwhile even IF you tried to keep ORT at Planetary(which is wrong for so many reasons), it would still be stronger than Shinrabanshoman because of how Nasuverse Earth is structured at the end of the day, something they constantly refuse to take into account despite their being a thread about this very subject being done in their meta thread.

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished
It's funny because as you stated yourself there are a number of series that actually has various Wizards use tech and magic together in various fashion and hilariously, the Nasuverse is little different despite again what others tell you(Most people think they are technology illiterate because Rin Tohsaka is... despite her being technology illiterate is exclusive to her). There are plenty of Nasuverse Mages that uses Magecraft to not themselves but guns, weapons and vehicles in various fashions(This is also why Fate/Zero has genuine issues because while Urobuchi does try and answer this with the Origin Round, it does not help that Nasu made similar ass shit that's even more fucked up without making Kiritsugu look like a mong for not using Magecraft to enhance his guns).

And it still doesn't help that much because why enhance a gun with potent enough Magecraft is a threat to a whole ass army? There's a reason that in Strange Fake, the US Military refused to ignore The Clock Tower as they alone would whoop their asses wholesale unless they got backup from the Native Americans.

I know, this is not my first or last rodeo seeing this and that was meant to be my point. They keep going into the issues with Naruto speed feats... only to then believe this is not the case with KCM2 and beyond but still apply it to certain characters anyway who would still benefit(Like Kakashi and Guy without Gates and so on). They will then think they are slick and completely change it as if they never argued it if it is a series they want to lose.
In any case, at least there's one category that Potterverse can win against Nasuverse. Safety for ordinary people.

Like you and I will certainly safer living in Wizarding World as wizards rather than in Fuyuki or Souya as Magus. Yes there is Voldy, but post Voldy wizarding world is basically Britain

In any case, at least there's one category that Potterverse can win against Nasuverse. Safety for ordinary people.

Like you and I will certainly safer living in Wizarding World as wizards rather than in Fuyuki or Souya as Magus. Yes there is Voldy, but post Voldy wizarding world is basically Britain

People say that but that's not genuinely true either...
If you count the events of the Nasuverse as anything more than just story beats, it's actually a safer place to be than Harry Potter. A person with high amounts of Luck means you will most definitely survive more shit than you normally should just by proxy of someone else living there(Like Taiga did) and the route that did the most damage to Fuyuki's population was actually Sakura in Heaven's Feel as Medea just put them most of her targets to sleep and only drains some of their Od.

There's also the fact that unlike Harry Potter, the only real dangerous thing for a Magus is getting a Sealing Designation and even that's been warped beyond repair over how people see it vs. what it actually entails. Meanwhile, a Harry Potter Wizard can damn near break the Charade constantly and none of the Wizards will do shit unless it's a bigass one and if you do ANY level of crime? Off to Azkaban for you because there is no other Wizarding Prisons.

Who says Bureido isn't already? :mjgrin

True, true.

To get back on the Naruto and Deku train, it just makes me laugh that they see a feat like this:
4c9af50b6f4cc71dd4ee8828d0e60333e0949967.gif

Knows it's impressive and exactly why... but they refuse to give that same leniency to Naruto despite the fact that the same shit happens in his own series except without the fancy explosion(And without needing to charge like Ashy Larry here does).

I'm also ignoring trying to use Animation here as a deal breaker.

EDIT: For those who don't get my point, people don't understand that leg strength matters in more than just kicking people... like kicking things... which causes you to move faster... which is what Shigaraki is doing here and what everyone else does to move...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back