• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Are you talking about the wannabe magical girl. Because that went the other way around.

It started with "she'll freeze half of Japan", went to "all of Japan", and the she actually did it and like froze the ocean or some shit.

Not that narrative power creep is actually better than the other way around in terms of writing, but the dude originally planned for ten volumes and then the series escaped his control and we're at like 30+ at this point :skully
I think Serafall's statement hype became that her doing a 'glitter' which was basically her parody of a magical girl pose, fitted with DxD fanservice, could destroy Japan dozens of times over. Good to know that became more than just a nothing-burger statement, I guess. :heston

That's not going to change much because the Eight Pillars[Both Shō and Faerie are pillars] take their powers directly from Adolla, a superior narrative that sees reality itself as fiction (The context here is that Adolla is merging with the world) and was responsible for transforming the very aesthetics of the universe from 3d to 2d. Fire Force's spatio-temporal manipulation is also non-standard.

Extras:
1 2 3

What is this fucking garbage from VSB?! There's a reason I never use this shit for the Nasuverse despite(sadly) having more ground for that bullshit. That's not how Adolla worked, that's never how Adolla worked!

It's hilarious how they are trying to make Faerie sound so goddamned broken when he died like a bitch to far less:heston

Seriously, the wank for Fire Force in SB is virtually no different than VSB's for absolutely nothing. Is there crazy shit The Evangelist and Shinrabanshoman did? Yes. Is it anywhere beyond anything anyone but "the strongest in Fate" can do? No... not at all, again even strong enough Servants can beat their asses as they are ultimately stuck at Planetary in terms of strength and range which limits them severely.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Their power source being Adolla shouldn't even matter, because they obviously don't use its full capacity, so it's relatively pointless to bring up for scaling purposes :rock

Their power source being Adolla shouldn't even matter, because they obviously don't use its full capacity, so it's relatively pointless to bring up for scaling purposes :rock

Because they don't understand even the slightest bit about Adolla or Fire Force as a whole while basically going full VSB about it. They don't realize that Adolla is just the equivalent of Hell with the Chaotic Force of it being something they can manipulate because it fucks with everything.

It's not a power source nor can it suddenly encroach on series it doesn't exist in and it gets worse when you realize they completely missed the point of the fact that the "Real World" in the 3D to 2D comparison isn't even remotely true but absolutely wrong as it was showing what the world was pre-Cataclysm to the point it seems unreal to them because even THAT fucked up the Laws of Physics and otherwise due to Adolla's influence.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
All those after images ichigo makes in bankai mode, he'll send goku in a confused state.
FUCKING AFTER-IMAGES? :heston

Dude thinks Ichigo is faster than Goku because of a God damned speed trope, oh my good lord. :kobeha

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

So homicidal, well-endowed, golden Dr. Manhattan is on Earth Bet's side?

I'm not even sure the Time Lords could kill Scion. Even without him, doesn't each individual Endbringer have the mass of a galaxy or some stupid bullshit like that?

Excluding those two eldritch OP abominations, what does Bet have going for it?

Oh...

He truly does not know. :wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back