• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeZaarin

Illustrious
No, ST ships don't outrange SW ships. Heavy Turbolasers should at least have light minute ranges.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 214902.png

Even if we do not take into account the ICS or any EU material. In Episode V, Darth Vader executed Admiral Ozzel for getting the fleet too close to the rebel base on Hoth. This is what being too close looks like.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 220224.png

Darth Vader wanted the fleet to bombard the rebel base. However, Ozzel's actions ensured that the rebels were aware of the Empire's presence.

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

If all the Disaster Curses are coming at him at once, he stands no chance. If it's one on one, maybe he can trick whatever Disaster Curse is trying to attacking in getting close enough for a surprise absorption. Other than that, his stats are too low to even attempt to fight back.

People still downplay the shit out of Naraku even then when he would still wash the shit out of JJK, it's just less pronounced:
  • He can still perfectly shapeshift into people(He turned into Inuyasha to kill Kikyo)
  • Still has his bullshit regen
  • His Miasma is potent enough to straight up kill plant life and people within seconds(Inuyasha only was able to deal with it due to his half demon constitution then) and that's when it's spread out, it can even melt bone in seconds seeing how he freed Ryukotsei.
  • and he still has his better durability(Kagome was only able to do such critical damage due to her own bullshit power and like all priestesses, her shit is antithetical to demons)
  • This isn't even getting into the fact he can just... absorb the Disaster Curses considering he has absorbed stronger demons with hilarious ease even BoS, let alone never getting overwhelmed despite absorbing thousands if not millions of Youkai.

None of the Disaster Curses has anything to defeat even BoS Naraku, let alone Mt. Hakurei Naraku(Seriously, people have no idea how bullshit that Naraku is when he can literally reflect attacks back at you through his barriers without losing a bit of power)

Type-Rey

Retired
To be fair, it's BOS Naraku, meaning that tehnically, Kagome didn't break the jewel and he doesn't get any of the boosts from that shit nor his 1.5 upgrade ( post Kodoku) so.. not saying that he loses but some of your examples don't apply.
'
Hohenheim
What's superior speed gonna do against a dude who literally doesn't have to move to nuke your ass ?

:mjlol

Nigga just has to think .

Salfarc

Paramount
@Xhominid The Apex

I understand what you want to say, but I've been playing FGO since it's american inauguration, and if there's something that I remember being a constant is that if a servant wants to hurt something beyond the physical manifestation of something they need specialized help, like a spell, or a noble phantasm. They can damage ghosts in the games, but there ghosts are specifically memories given form by ether.

Even in the grail wars, when a servant wanted to cosume a soul they usually either killed the person and absorbed the soul after it left the body, absorbed it through a medium like drinking blood, or set up and gigantic ritual in order to liquefy everyone in an area to absorb it to gsin power.

There is no evidence in any of the games that servants dealing direct damage to the body of they're enemies also does damage to the soul, and in fact, there is evidence to the contrary, since plenty of enemy traps involved the party killing a creature, only for the enemy to bring up an enemy made of that creature's soul, which would be impossible if the attack had also damaged the soul.

I suppose what I'm trying to say with that long diatribe is, in my experience with the frachise, if the soul is exposed, there's nothing keeping any servant from damaging it, but I've never seen any servant doing the same to an embodied soul without the help of tools or techniques.

Not the guy I talked about yesterday but someone else chime in and insist on it :whathekong

@Xhominid The Apex

Not the guy I talked about yesterday but someone else chime in and insist on it :whathekong

Man, that guy is even more retarded than I thought because we literally fight Ghosts head on with no issues since Okeanos(Hell earlier than that if I decide to go digging). If anything, it's the other way around in that Ghosts need something specialized so they aren't basically destroyed by anything with a decent basis in Magical Energy.

Medusa, EMIYA nor any other Heroic Spirit needs some "specialized ritual" to eat souls for Magical Energy, they can literally just eat people but Medusa goes with Bloodsucking since it tends to keep the target alive and Medea even shows you can just leave them unharmed if you know any Magecraft to do so.

Like this is what I'm talking about when people make Fate more complicated than it is because they end up just making shit up and people will believe it because they never watched/played it... right up until someone shows proof and they have an existential crisis due to it.

Salfarc

Paramount
Man, that guy is even more retarded than I thought because we literally fight Ghosts head on with no issues since Okeanos(Hell earlier than that if I decide to go digging). If anything, it's the other way around in that Ghosts need something specialized so they aren't basically destroyed by anything with a decent basis in Magical Energy.

Medusa, EMIYA nor any other Heroic Spirit needs some "specialized ritual" to eat souls for Magical Energy, they can literally just eat people but Medusa goes with Bloodsucking since it tends to keep the target alive and Medea even shows you can just leave them unharmed if you know any Magecraft to do so.

Like this is what I'm talking about when people make Fate more complicated than it is because they end up just making shit up and people will believe it because they never watched/played it... right up until someone shows proof and they have an existential crisis due to it.

This is argument made in SB thread for a Fate/DemonSlayer fanfic. The author insist that canon Servant Ryoma can't kill Demons from Demon Slayer because he insist that Servant cannot harm soul even though he kept getting told Servants can, and this guy is saying Servant can't damage soul inside a living body when Servants take nourishment from living people's soul.

Absolutely asinine.

This is argument made in SB thread for a Fate/DemonSlayer fanfic. The author insist that canon Servant Ryoma can't kill Demons from Demon Slayer because he insist that Servant cannot harm soul even though he kept getting told Servants can, and this guy is saying Servant can't damage soul inside a living body when Servants take nourishment from living people's soul.

Absolutely asinine.

... So there's no reason to really care right? If it's a shitty fanfic that has to invent bullshit just so they can have their stupid storybeats, then it's not a good fanfic. If they can't adequately explain why anyone in the Nasuverse cannot kill Demons in Demon Slayer(Despite the fact that as Type-Rey put it over a day ago even a Sword Saint can affect and damage the supernatural, let alone a Mage or a Servant) and it's just a bunch of crap, then it sucks.

This is why most fanfics are genuinely awful because they never take the mechanics on both sides into the equation and just go for what the series they want to matter to do so(aka they don't want the Hashira to be useless so they have to pretend that "It requires some ritual" for Servants to attack Souls directly... when that's never not been the case).

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

The only person I'd say is mountain level is Mereum. Even the next tier of strong people don't have his raw omph, there is a large gap between him and his closest rivals that were listed above.

It should be noted that combat is largely based on clever use of abilities, a fairly high tier combatant (Hisoka) was very badly wounded by an explosion not even close to mountain level (the arena building it was in was quite intact), and guns aren't jokes to combatants in the verse, even fairly notable fighters have to at least take them seriously (anyone good can handle them even in number to be sure, but most have to actively use their abilities). Not special magic guns, not one of those settings with amazingly powerful guns, but modern handheld firearms. Some nen users we've seen keep a gun as a backup.

To be fair, the "higher tiers" are "people who can hang with or beat the Phantom Troupe."

Uvogin, for instance, is a menace because he's actually bulletproof and faster than your bullets. He's also anti-tank missile proof. He's not the most powerful Nen user in the series, although he's a high-tier pure physical fighter.

He's just enhancement at a high tier.

Gon in one of the early chapters of HxH (pre-Nen) literally shatters a stone pillar with a punch, wtf are you two talking about? :giogio

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Walking Glancing GIF

Man, reading this, it's genuinely a bigger mess than I thought it was...
blood red eyes met Oryou's soullessly black ones.

Like outside of getting Oryou's eye color wrong, when in the fuck is Oryou soulless? Like even if we ignore the recent NA GudaGuda which very clearly shows she's not soulless, it's a terrible juxaposition between her and Muzan considering Oryou is a fallen Dragon from Heaven and Muzan is the equivalent of Satan for Demon Slayer which you could use right there!

EDIT:
What wasn't a perk, however, was the reduced power that he was running on. Whatever alternate universe this was, Gaia was especially strong. This world was a strange one, but Sakamoto supposed that he was sent here on some sort of vital mission.

Yeah, Someone else(NoNaRe) already mentioned how wrong this is and it's especially wrong given how the fanfic structures itself. I know what he's talking about and he means the fact that the World constantly corrects shit that shouldn't belong by basically crushing them with unimaginable pressure... except this ONLY works with Nasuverse Earth(for extremely obvious reasons) because if he tried to do this with freaking DEMON SLAYER on the opposing side to try and nerf Ryoma, the Demons should be CONSTANTLY be feeling this pressure to the point of breaking their mind, body and soul:

Here, Sakura's already spent a day merged with the Shadow, as she's one with the Shadow possessing a physical form is torture. Here, the world is actively denying Dark Sakura's existence, this causes Sakura to feel pain she's never experienced.

And if we are ignoring that, Ryoma should never feel that pressure at all and thus one of the things that cripples Servants(In terms of why they disappear even when the Grail War is over and they are still around) should literally not exist. There's a reason why I whenever I make my Bleach x Fate fanfiction, it would explicitly take place on the Nasuverse World to not only have some crazy shit happen but to also have the Shinigami experience that same feeling to the point of needing specialized Gigai to avoid that pressure entirely when they aren't in combat(Which would be a true juxaposition between Servants and Shinigami).

Last edited:

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Absolutely asinine.

Oh hey, maybe this'll spawn another "Torture Test" thread :skully

Alright, alright. I know what will happen next chapter. There will be fate wankers saying that "the fight should have ended in 50 words! servants can't be harmed by demons!" and stuff like that.
If you have to write this down, then you already fucked up your fan-fiction...
There's a reason why despite how they are, good fan-fiction between series is actually understanding both sides and making them mesh in the right fashions, including how the story is supposed to work. If you have to make it to where the Demons have the advantage over BOTH Ryoma and Oryou without any actual reason to have tension, you done fucked up.

While Oryou literally stomps everything in the verse, actually killing the demons is more difficult than you think because the two together have no demon killing things other than Oryou eating them,
No she doesn't, the fuck do you mean?! She and Ryoma can kill them for far less.

which requires NP activation, which requires mana, which is limited via lore/story reasons that will be revealed later.

If you have to limit characters this hard for your fanfiction to make any goddamned sense, your fanfiction is shit. Between having Gaia's influence somehow affect Ryoma when he's not on Nasuverse Earth is already an obscene stretch, having it that he requires a TRUE NAME RELEASE to kill simple ass Demons is a whole ass different kettle of fish. And to try and blame it on "Magical Energy issues that will be revealed later" is the biggest copout I have ever seen.
Like goddamn.

Please don't crucify me.
(This is why I honestly don't want to write fate anymore because the powerscalers will doxx me and kill me one day.)

Haha.ha.ha.ha....
Seriously, maybe those "wankers and powerscalers" have a point when you basically fuck up this hard? You didn't even need to include Servants, Miyamoto Iori exists(until he becomes bullshit), use him from the beginning of Samurai Remnant, there you go! Or use Shirou Emiya from the beginning, hell use Shiki Tohno from the Original Tsukihime, you are spoiled for choices in who can make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back