• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galan

Preeminent

Cafe idiots can't accept facts. They are invading OBD now.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Most people on SB are fine with it actually. Damn near everything I argue for Toaru is accepted on there in fact. The only discourse is arguing who among the Top of the verse is stronger than who since GT did make things a tad messy in that regard,

Genki’s just one of the exceptions but only because he downplays anything being argued against Bleach
It's Alice.

And yes I'm including true Gremlin. Sue me.

Above her would be Ein Sof, but uh... not really a character lol :tupac

And Secret Chiefs I guess but they're a ?? at the moment

Last edited:
And than Gojo getting damaged by his own Hollow Purple against Sukuna shows Accel just needs to literally kick a rock at Gojo to accomplish the same thing

5V8EXfB.png

I already talked to you about this in WorstGen but even that take is too much:heston
Limitless is a truly wanked ability despite having so many holes in it by nature of how it works and the only reason it required so much effort to bypass is because Gojo is one of the strongest beings in the setting and thoroughly above everyone else. The second you introduce anyone stronger than Gojo, faster than he can process your speed, mass and force, the second he drops like a rock.:garrett
It's literally the will of JJK fan boys basically becoming the 2nd generation Overlord fan boys that keeps that bullshit alive.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I already talked to you about this in WorstGen but even that take is too much:heston
Limitless is a truly wanked ability despite having so many holes in it by nature of how it works and the only reason it required so much effort to bypass is because Gojo is one of the strongest beings in the setting and thoroughly above everyone else. The second you introduce anyone stronger than Gojo, faster than he can process your speed, mass and force, the second he drops like a rock.:garrett
It's literally the will of JJK fan boys basically becoming the 2nd generation Overlord fan boys that keeps that bullshit alive.
What I’m saying is Hollow Purple, a multi city block level attack, being able to bypass Limitless now puts a very relatively low cap on what it requires to punch through Infinity in raw power

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I read without powerscaling brainrot
Lightspeed JJK

:kobeha

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

:kobeha
Im totally indifferent to this but I will say that some of the arguments there disputing LS JJK are ironically the bad ones

Like arguing talking reaching the opponent before the attack, a literal trope, or outdated low end speed statements from author that don’t add up.

Like a shit ton of FTL fictions: Dragon Ball, DC and Marvel, Fate, JoJo etc. wouldn’t be even Sound speed with this logic used

Mondak

Preeminent
It's honestly hilarious because at this point it's not even the animation anymore, it's literal fanfiction reasons when it comes to why people believing certain characters can win for random reasons
The headcanon people have is crazy. Even in that DS v. Frieren thread, only two replies and already goofiness abounds

Pre time skip darsh is like mountain level stats wise, where does frieren scale
:jordangif

My guy, DS isn't even needed. Just one Exodus from Arshes Nei will have Frieren well done, extra crispy.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Frieren does not deserve this. People have got stop letting animation, as nice as it is, get to their heads.

Even Netflix Darsh is beating the brakes off her
Y'all out here acting like Freiren won't basically get the same treatment any attractive side-character girl got, once Darsh sees her, and casually stops her shit. He ain't gonna kill her, in-character, but he will get up-close and personal, if you catch my drift. :kobeha

Salfarc

Paramount
1710304885841.png

This take is so wrong yet it is held by a lot of people in SB. I am actually appalled at how many people really not accepting Gae Bolg ignore durability. It doesn't just ignore attempts to evade it, the result literally already decided. How is that not ignore durability if the result is that the heart got pierced.

Noble Phantasm
Gáe Bolg: Spear of Piercing Barbed Death

Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 2~4
Maximum targets: 1

While this is a technique employing Gáe Bolg as a melee attack, it is originally a magic spear for throwing. With a technique that reverses the meaning of "cause and effect" in the order of things, the "result" that "the heart of the opponent has been pierced" is created earlier than the moment it is thrust. Accordingly, the "cause" that "the lance has pierced through the heart" is generated from it later. Without a great deal of luck (like Artoria), it can be said that this is a technique that determines "if it is released, the opponent is dead." However, against Servants like Heracles who can move even when their heart is destroyed, there is a small disadvantage. Compared to the Spear of Striking Death Flight, both the range of effectiveness and the destructive power are weakened. However, it is worth mentioning that "the magical energy cost is low." For having such a strong effect as "almost certainly will destroy the enemy's heart," without the need of a terrible amount of magical power, it becomes an excellent Noble Phantasm of extraordinary usability.

Hell never once it is said that Durability matters for Gae Bolg.

View attachment 973

This take is so wrong yet it is held by a lot of people in SB. I am actually appalled at how many people really not accepting Gae Bolg ignore durability. It doesn't just ignore attempts to evade it, the result literally already decided. How is that not ignore durability if the result is that the heart got pierced.

Hell never once it is said that Durability matters for Gae Bolg.

Because people look at God Hand and think it's Heracles natural durability(when it's explicitly not) which somehow means you can block Gae Bolg by using your energy to enhance your durability... something that Servants and Mages can do canonically.

It's as bad as them believing Gae Bolg and Fragrach only have their special dynamic and anyone can just kill Cu by time traveling backwards and avoid the Causality Reversal when HA explicitly points out doing that is meaningless as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back