• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Dante is my boy and all, but yeah, him beating Bayo is utter nonsense. The kind of nonsense that even got the creator of both series on DB's asses. Anyone remember that?:mjlol
Seriously? I know Kamiya has said he considers Bayonetta stronger than Dante (and it’s kind of a no brainer since just her first game alone is more over the top in feats than any of the DMC games made at the time)

But did he actually respond to that Death Battle?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Seriously? I know Kamiya has said he considers Bayonetta stronger than Dante (and it’s kind of a no brainer since just her first game alone is more over the top in feats than any of the DMC games made at the time)

Yeah, I can recall a tweet from him referencing it. Might be deleted now, but I'm pretty sure, given what was said, that he watched it, and wasn't impressed by the outcome, one bit.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Not directly, but when people kept asking him about it on Twitter he said something to the effect of "stop asking about that garbage"

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, I can recall a tweet from him referencing it. Might be deleted now, but I'm pretty sure, given what was said, that he watched it, and wasn't impressed by the outcome, one bit.
Either that, or I'm conflating two separate tweets from him into one. Either way, he knows about it, and isn't all that happy about it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not directly, but when people kept asking him about it on Twitter he said something to the effect of "stop asking about that garbage"
Sounds more like he’s just tired of people bothering him about Vs Debate nerd shit.

Dudes got it as bad as God of War fanboys bothering the developers with similar stupid questions

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
i still think they should have just gone namek frieza vs cartoon megatron or gold megs vs gold frieza
gold vs gold was right THERE come ON
nah ya cant bring frieza on to just nerf him to namek when he far stronger than that nowadays it be outright nerfing a character
i agree on the latter

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
i still think they should have just gone namek frieza vs cartoon megatron or gold megs vs gold frieza
gold vs gold was right THERE come ON
it should've been Golden Frieza vs Golden Megatron for sure
idw Megatron is never gonna be universe level and I wish they didn't even give that nonsense any credibility
but mainly I find it weird they said no GMeg because it's a separate continuity...while using IDW and WFC which are far more distant to the g1 cartoon&comics than Japan stuff is, as the Japan stuff has actually crossed over with it a bunch of times.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The entire idea for Bayonetta/Cereza from the start was to make her a stronger woman version of Dante so it goes a bit beyond him just "considering her to be stronger", she was literally designed to be stronger from the start. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The entire idea for Bayonetta/Cereza from the start was to make her a stronger woman version of Dante so it goes a bit beyond him just "considering her to be stronger", she was literally designed to be stronger from the start. :maybe
I know. They seriously downplayed Bayonetta while arguing Dante’s regen would let him win in a fight of attrition

Like, regenerating from stabs, gunshots, and even decapitation is nice and all. But it hardly matters when fighting someone who would literally splatter Dante with a punch

I’m also not a fan of Death Battles where the outcome was obvious the moment you look at them.

Like Shadow vs Ryuko. I know the plot of Kill La Kill is eerily similar to Shadow’s 2005 game but fucking hell, if Shadow against Vegeta was a Death Battle before, the hell was Ryuko going to do?

And unsurprisingly, Shadow won that DB in a total squash match

Only fight on Death Battle that gets away with being a stomp was Omni-Man vs Homelander

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I know. They seriously downplayed Bayonetta while arguing Dante’s regen would let him win in a fight of attrition

Like, regenerating from stabs, gunshots, and even decapitation is nice and all. But it hardly matters when fighting someone who would literally splatter Dante with a punch
Even more so now that we see in Bayonetta 3 that her regeneration is better than his anyway. Woman can rip her own heart out to do the demon sin summons and casually hold the thing in her hand, something which has been explicitly stated as a way to kill Dante (ie the removal of his heart). :kobeha

Then you get the really dumb shit like her speed being "inconsistent" because she was tagged a couple times, just ignore the fact every instance of this was by someone who was her equal or better, except for the one time with the tentacle cardinal virtue where she was still rusty. :whatisthis

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Even more so now that we see in Bayonetta 3 that her regeneration is better than his anyway. Woman can rip her own heart out to do the demon sin summons and casually hold the thing in her hand, something which has been explicitly stated as a way to kill Dante (ie the removal of his heart). :kobeha

Then you get the really dumb shit like her speed being "inconsistent" because she was tagged a couple times, just ignore the fact every instance of this was by someone who was her equal or better, except for the one time with the tentacle cardinal virtue where she was still rusty. :whatisthis

My favorite was how one of those "inconsistencies" was her getting tagged because the final boss hit her with a sneak attack :mjlol

grillmaster

Paramount
nah ya cant bring frieza on to just nerf him to namek when he far stronger than that nowadays it be outright nerfing a character
i agree on the latter
i didnt mean to be specifically nerfing frieza, the point was i thought it should be original megatron vs original frieza, without insane bullshit tf comic lore or DB super power creep

grillmaster

Paramount
i didnt mean to be specifically nerfing frieza, the point was i thought it should be original megatron vs original frieza, without insane bullshit tf comic lore or DB super power creep
thats the original version of the fight and i just found it annoying that instead of that we're stuck with fake ass wank idw megatron being thrown to die against multiverse level frieza

gold vs gold would be better yeah but thats just a little gripe i have

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Iopter (who they call "some dude named lopster") is, though.
Oh right, I keep recalling when Iustitia grabbed Bayonetta.

And that’s barely a neg on her given we’re talking one of the four top Angels and Bayonetta was occupied with catching Cereza’s doll when it grabbed her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back