Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Salfarc

Paramount
You know what divine spirits have that Tiamat doesn’t have listed? A goddess core. And you are literally using the same logic you are arguing against. A lot of other servant do not have mana burst listed, because it’s such a basic thing that is it downright redundant to include.

Larva Tiamat have goddess core

straight up states even though the effect is similar it doesn't have the explosive effect of MB
He really insist it's just magical energy release because thats the name. And yes originally it is "MAGICAL ENERGY BURST"
“魔力放出” (localized as mana burst) literally just means magical energy release. So you are defining spells by using literal name of mana burst.
Like, does he think any spell are mana burst? Because technically they release magical energy

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
At that point you just ask them if they know better than the official product which has the passive listed, then end the conversation cause they clearly just want to hear their own headcanon

Bruh, Artoria don't really use Mana Burst in F/SN because she lack in mana and this guy said Artoria will get snapped like a twig if she didn't. She literally can't fight at full power because she lack mana but she manage just fine.

That's because they are taking it from her situation in F/SN which is because she's less of a Servant there and more of a mix of her actual self and Servant qualities(That and a bad summon and Master/Servant connection from Shirou).
I remember that because Spacebattles has used that argument multiple times to pretend Mordred is physically stronger than Artoria without Mana Burst even though that makes no sense for a downgraded Homonculus to be stronger than the real thing in any way.

Salfarc

Paramount
That's because they are taking it from her situation in F/SN which is because she's less of a Servant there and more of a mix of her actual self and Servant qualities(That and a bad summon and Master/Servant connection from Shirou).
I remember that because Spacebattles has used that argument multiple times to pretend Mordred is physically stronger than Artoria without Mana Burst even though that makes no sense for a downgraded Homonculus to be stronger than the real thing in any way.
Hmm maybe. This all starts with me saying "Artoria isn't weak without Dragon Core but obviously will not be as strong without one. She is build around Dragon Core. She can still do Mana Burst albeit weaker". And then it become "Everyone can do weaker mana burst, without dragon core she weak af" which become the argument.

But really I think I remember it specifically stated in F/SN she can't use much mana. Mana Burst use mana, that would mean she wouldn't use it that much. So bad summon and Shirou being ass master included, in canon she didn't really use it in F/SN isn't it? And this guy say she would've died if she didn't...

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

And here we go again.
This guy is definitely either NC or BJ.
I wasn't sold on it being NC at first but given NC actually did read Moorcock and just either sucked ass at understanding them or lowballed it just to spite you it's seeming more and more like this guy's his dupe. If he was just being a hardass about that stupid respect thread I'd just think he's some bum but he's being too specific now to not have read some of the material

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Referring to that Genis wanker Black Jakk right?

The same guy certain people are accusing me of pulling the same level of deception as

Hmm maybe. This all starts with me saying "Artoria isn't weak without Dragon Core but obviously will not be as strong without one. She is build around Dragon Core. She can still do Mana Burst albeit weaker". And then it become "Everyone can do weaker mana burst, without dragon core she weak af" which become the argument.

Then they screwed that up, Servants can do the equivalent of Reinforcement because that's what their bodies are natively capable of(Since they have absurd levels of Magical Energy going through their veins):
7jwGhqL.jpg

And yes, this is mentioned in F/SN too so it's not nothing new either...

But really I think I remember it specifically stated in F/SN she can't use much mana. Mana Burst use mana, that would mean she wouldn't use it that much. So bad summon and Shirou being ass master included, in canon she didn't really use it in F/SN isn't it? And this guy say she would've died if she didn't...

It's not that she can't(She was still using Mana Bursts in F/SN), it's that she couldn't use them to her full potential in F/SN unless she had Rin as a Master(Which is why she effortlessly dealt with a whole ass GoB barrage in just 2 swings in the UBW Route when that happened). Otherwise, she's extraordinarily gimped and actually has nowhere near the levels of Magical Energy a Servant should have when they get summoned and her Dragon Heart is not enough to replenish the little she has(To put it into perspective, she should not vanish after a single Excalibur, no way in hell should that even remotely be a possibility unless she's going BP with it)

No? The dark charm known as the Killing Curse can pierce barriers purely due to its own hax. All Charms in HP work afterall by adding certain properties upon an object or creature according to The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1.

No, they can't and I have to give it to Siriel(for once) in that only Voldemort has ever shown the ability to have a Killing Curse go through a Charm. No one else has shown that capability at all.

Properties here can be anything really, from a natural force to even a conceptual idea used to power the Patronus. The protego charm, for instance, imposes the property of "protection" around its target, allowing any wizard or witch to be heavily resistant to a multitude of magic that targets them, no matter how unorthodox. In the case of the killing curse, the author implicates the AK works by imposing the property of death upon the target, given anyone who gets hit by it immediately drops dead without causing any injury to the body, and any trace of violence.

Uh yeah no, that's not how AK works... hell, that's not how any of the Forbidden Curses work. The whole reason why the Forbidden Curses exist and are so gamebreaking isn't that they exist, it's the fact that they are literally fueled by sheer negative emotions to such an unreal degree that Harry Potter seeing the person who killed his godfather right in front of him using Cruciatus couldn't do shit to Bellatrix past her fucking around because it wasn't "the right type of hate".
This also ignores that Protego is one of the strongest defensive spells in the franchise to the point the Ministry bought Fred and George's stuff because it literally has a Protego Charm on it.

It also explains how it was able to bypass protections granted by Protego, as the AK is effectively killing the protection at a conceptual level. On the other hand, Love, instead of a magic, in Harry Potter verse is a tangible primordial force that can be harnessed unconsciously by living beings to supersede natural forces like death. This is something Dumbledore states in the books when describing the study of Love in the Love room within the Department of Mysteries.

Okay, how does that mean AK goes through shields then? All it means is that it simply kills the shield but leaves the user alive... some killing curse right?

Its also the reason why Harry's willing sacrifice to Voldemort during Deathly Hallows conferred Harry's allies a certain amount of protection, thus the spells Voldemort tried to place on them (even an AK) wouldn't work.

I am about 1000% certain that is some absolute bullshit because that is never a canonical thing or else Sirius wouldn't be fucking dead at Order of The Phoenix... or the Weasleys in Deathly Hallows... or most of the people Harry met that died between those two and during DH!

Furthermore, I don't think you can intercept an AK midair with an Experlliarmus or Stupedy unless

a: Priori Incantatem is triggered, where two wands recognize each other as "brothers" and refused to attack one another.

b: You win over the loyalty of the wand opposing you, hence no matter what spell is fired at you, it will never harm you. Its the reason why Voldemort's AK via the Elder Wand could never harm Harry during the final battle.

So the Methode's barrier you mentioned below wouldn't work.

Yeah, this is some worthless ass NLF exceptions that again has no basis in canon and completely misunderstanding Priori Incantatem being why Harry wasn't dead at The Goblet of Fire...

I feel the idea that Frierenverse's defense magic would allow it to block really any spell in HP, especially the AK, quite ludicrous given the intrinsic differences in how the magic systems of both verses operate. For instance, you mentioned previously defensive spells in Frieren specifically attune themselves precisely to the oncoming spell and then apply equal power in the opposite direction. From I recall in chapter 93 of the manga, this attunation is tailored to the mana of the incoming spell.

Then what is the fucking point about mentioning ANY OF THE ABOVE?! Frieren's Magic System isn't even that strong compared to some other series with Wizards in it(Like D&D for the easiest dunk or Fairy Tail/Eden's Zero/Rave Master) so again, what is the point of acting as if people sleep on Harry Potter, then just mention that shit?

How would that work via the spells from the HP verse, who don't have any "mana" or magical source powering them? I don't think the energy released by wands in HP is even mana, though it should be noted adult wizards and witches from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them series mostly don't release beams of energy when evoking their spells, more so their wand tip just glows, and reality tends to bend over to evoke the effect.

Funny because I remember a few times that Harry and Co. being winded from casting spells quite a few times... so it has to take from someone or something...

Referring to that Genis wanker Black Jakk right?

The same guy certain people are accusing me of pulling the same level of deception as
Out of the entire group of NC's friends, I actually felt the least amount of antagonism or animus towards Blakk Jakk for pretty much 100% of the time in my experience. That and the fact that he rightfully acknowledged Nik as a piece of shit in a PM with me several years ago on I think maybe multiple or a handful of occasions, still put him in my good graces to this day. Other than that, I never had much of an extensive contact with him and I have no opinion on whether his powerscaling takes are right or not, I'll let you dudes be the judge.

Back