• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
IMG_4926.png
They will never achieve full memes

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
He doesn't beat Nnoitra in any form. Because his Hierro skin is unbreakable by the likes of Shinra's arsenal.
The Espadas below Nnoitra are debatable. The rest above Nnoitra , needless to say.......omega stomp Shinra.
Uh Shinra is Fire Force isn't he? Doesn't he stomp the Espada silly?
I'm pretty sure he's really fast and hax (or maybe the verse is) or at least that's the impression I got when it was discussed.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And Overord just became a significantly less shitty setting to live in on that day. Assuming the rest of the Tomb of Nazarick also got house cleaned as well.

@Papa Nier Alright I need one of Acqua of the back / William Orwelle when he was a wandering sage saving random people around the world.

Perhaps including that unknown battle with another unnamed Saint he had.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

And back to the stupid:

It's not, if you read the manga. Your calc assumes that the effect of Zaku's blast is entirely air. It's not.

We see Zaku fire 100% air, zero sound at Sakura.

"The air pressure is at full strength, with no ultrasonic output..."

So, since this is the full strength of his air, we should expect to see the effects of a Mach 10+ windstream, shredding the ground, blowing the nearby trees into pieces, etc. Except we don't lol

Zaku's full strength air pressure doesn't destroy the ground or blow the log Sakura substituted into dust. It doesn't have any of the collateral that his blast against Sasuke does.

The difference between those two attacks is that one of them is using the other half of Zaku's moves; his ultrasonic frequencies, the ones he brags about being destructive.

Goji also brought up the same essential idea in his post here, and even provided a databook quote showing that Zaku's attack on Sasuke used ultrasonic waves and air pressure.

Yeah, this is where the argument dies all over again...
We are doing this... while ignoring this is the case for My Hero Academia? I can count so many times how All Might can do absurd levels of wind pressure and otherwise(including the main one people love using for his power) yet it does absolutely nothing else to anyone or anything in the surrounding vicinity. This is the precise problem with trying to constantly use Real Life Physics as a backdrop to why feats don't work or shouldn't work for a feat because most fictional series never properly gives a fuck about that for multiple reasons(Be a hell off a gaff if Superman accidentally destroys the City to defeat Doomsday and kills everyone in it or Doomsday doing so just by hitting the ground...)

Another reply that is basically the same as above with the same answer.

I am just going to quote myself here, because you never responded to my post talking about this in the "Guns vs Naruto" thread. It was a busy thread, I'm sure you just didn't see it.

Let me ask again; based on how Kishimoto drew these things when Dosu used them, does it look like Temari is swinging her fan at "shockwaves" or does it look like "Tayuya's genjutsu chakra"?

I have no idea what the user is trying to convey with this shit in the slightest past "Author is drawing interpretations of the user's chakra influencing the actual effects even further"(As a user literally shows Dosu's Chakra is able to actually interact with the Sound coming from his Amplifier... meaning Chakra can potentially boost shit like Sound to be stronger and faster than it should be) which defeats the argument you made.

Why did Sasuke bother with the fireballs and the shuriken if his goal was to torture Zaku and he could just cross the distance between them faster than Zaku could blink?

He wanted to torture Zaku? That was the whole point of their "fight" as he wanted to make him pay for brutalizing Sakura and trying to kill her and Naruto while he was unconscious.

The whole point of this is to show how Sasuke is clever: he sets up a series of feints so he can close the distance with Zaku. He shoots the fireballs, so Zaku will waste his attack on countering instead of shooting Sasuke. The shurikens hidden in the fire force Zaku to cover his face, and Sasuke drops down to get into the blind spot he just created. It's annoying that all that gets tossed out to wank Sasuke and makes him look stupider.

Uh no? The user literally shows Sasuke could have murdered Zaku at ANY POINT during their fight and explicitly didn't just to show how powerless he is. Zaku couldn't do shit to him at all, how the hell do you headcanon this freaking hard?!

Xhom make a post that isn't just deflecting to talk about MHA for no reason challenge impossible mode

This isn't the backhanded compliment you think it is(Like the other SB refugee tried to do and failed), it's precisely the point altogether.
The fact you keep trying to defend absolutely stupid downplay because "Whataboutism"(Which is funny since that's exactly what SB does) doesn't help your point at all.

The funny part about that is that I used My Hero Academia in that whole post... for the one sentence and stayed on Naruto after that for the duration of the post. The whole counterargument reeks of SB shenanigans rather than actually pointing out a genuine flaw.

tbh I don't even know what you guys are arguing about

Xcano is arguing that because I put MHA like 2-3 times in the same set of arguments, I'm suddenly doing whataboutism and it destroys any argument I make against Naruto...
Despite the point of those arguments is that MHA is built on even worse foundations than Naruto is in terms of it's speed and physics.
Aka, it's the typical Spacebattles rebuttal.

Xcano

I'm suddenly doing whataboutism
Yes.
and it destroys any argument I make against Naruto...
No.

I don't really care about talking about Naruto, which is why I don't bring it up. Nowhere have I said that your arguments are invalid, nor have I made any connection between whataboutism and your posts about Naruto. I just notice that you keep posting snippets from this thread while saying "Well, if Naruto is subsonic because X, then MHA is definitely subsonic because Y". And it's like, okay? Cool? Who gives a shit about MHA. Why are we talking about it. Can you point to anyone in there who's saying "Yeah, I think Naruto is subsonic because X but the same doesn't apply to MHA"? It's literally just whataboutism. You may as well be saying "I bet all these Naruto downplayers wouldn't say the same about Count Chocula if they watched the OVA". Like fuck man, I don't know. Maybe they would.

In fact, not only is it whataboutism, it's inventing arguments that aren't even being made. Nobody is saying it's not a bad feat that Iida only reaches transonic speed while using his maximum turbo mode while also being assisted by Todoroki making an aerodynamic front. This is just like, something you keep inventing in your head to get mad at for no reason. Like, yes, the guy who made this post also thinks that the majority of MHA is subsonic and not just Naruto (which I know because I'm in a server with him). I don't know why you're assuming he doesn't think this outside of it putting up phantoms to punch.

That's not how that works you idiot, especially when it's only been used in one sentence as a prelude against the point made.

Then why the hell throw in your 2 cents in the first place?

I don't really care about talking about Naruto, which is why I don't bring it up. Nowhere have I said that your arguments are invalid, nor have I made any connection between whataboutism and your posts about Naruto. I just notice that you keep posting snippets from this thread while saying "Well, if Naruto is subsonic because X, then MHA is definitely subsonic because Y". And it's like, okay? Cool? Who gives a shit about MHA. Why are we talking about it. Can you point to anyone in there who's saying "Yeah, I think Naruto is subsonic because X but the same doesn't apply to MHA"? It's literally just whataboutism. You may as well be saying "I bet all these Naruto downplayers wouldn't say the same about Count Chocula if they watched the OVA". Like fuck man, I don't know. Maybe they would.

...Again, this isn't as smart as you think it sounds nor is it an actual convincing argument. In an attempt to sound smart, you are basically stating I shouldn't be allowed to use anything BUT Naruto to make a point which is not how debates work, especially when the series that I'm talking about that you are going "You are doing Whataboutism" is literally the series that is being argued against it.
Like this would make sense if MHA wasn't in it at all and I constantly brought it up but it's Pain vs. Endeavor from MHA, not Pain vs. someone else from a different series and I kept bringing up MHA because.

In fact, not only is it whataboutism, it's inventing arguments that aren't even being made. Nobody is saying it's not a bad feat that Iida only reaches transonic speed while using his maximum turbo mode while also being assisted by Todoroki making an aerodynamic front. This is just like, something you keep inventing in your head to get mad at for no reason. Like, yes, the guy who made this post also thinks that the majority of MHA is subsonic and not just Naruto (which I know because I'm in a server with him). I don't know why you're assuming he doesn't think this outside of it putting up phantoms to punch.

...I'm not even talking about Mook, you moron and no, the person I argued against only said they would be okay with it for one post which doesn't mean that they acknowledge that's the case, just that they will be okay with it.
Hell, looking at the Topic again, the person who said that wasn't even the person I was quoting so I ask again:

Why the hell are you even having this discussion with me? What is even the point of what you are talking about? And more importantly, I don't see how any of that makes my argument null considering SB tradition of contradicting themselves next time in a different thread by allowing MHA to be well past Supersonic again but not for Naruto, which will be scrutinized to hell and back again.

Peeps really be in a discord server debating about VS Battles in addition to forums and shit? Too much.

I don't touch Discord Servers for VS. battles, they tend to be just as terrible as Reddit Debate Threads for similar reasons. God help the poor souls who do that shit.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
What's this then?

Yes.

No.

Holy shit, did you just cite that dumb who unironically likes gender swapped Twilight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back