• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wondered why this vs. topic is now at 11 FUCKING PAGES(Remember, this topic was made yesterday!) but looking at the first page, I can see exactly why:

How strong do you think that makes her exactly? Because this shaking gives me nothing, honestly.

:lolwat

No fucking shit they love downplaying certain series when they can't understand a Planetary feat even when it's thrusted into their faces! Like goddamn, if you can't understand the concept of equalization or the fact that certain levels of energy can be done without annihilating anything(Let's ignore we was able to do shit like that even today, let alone with shit like the concept of a Nuclear Weapon...), it really does make my brain hurt that SB loves to pretend they are primarily using Physics and "Common Sense".

Obviously the world of the living means the entire universe even though humans don't live in other planets and obviously since the world of the living is talking about the entire universe soul society is a reflection of it so it's also a universe and even though hueco mundo doesn't have stars is also a universe!
-bleach wanker
That’s not even the main problem. I don’t care if someone thinks the 3 worlds are three separate universes. The main problem for me is the cherry picking of logic.

If she really was exerting enough force that dimensions that are supposedly a universe away are shaking as well, then everything in the universe she’s actually in should have been completely destroyed. But nope, let’s ignore that in favor of getting the highest possible power level so I can say my favorite verse beats yours.

:lolwat :tiredpepe :blobnotgood

OMFG...
Why in the fuck do people this stupid exist?

They're literally connected by tunnels one can traverse in a span of a minute or two even without using speed techs or the like.
They aren't a universe apart from each other. :really

The funny part is that isn't even what I was going with. The funny part is that the dude had the easiest slam dunk by point out nothing Kubo has shown has Bleach be multiple Universes but instead try and go full "Physics" and still managed to COMPLETELY FUCK IT UP!

As if you need to completely destroy Universes by shaking them to be Universal...
It's like these fuckers never seen DBS with Jiren and Toppo or seen SMT:IV with Mem Aleph.

The dude somehow managed to get an easy Touchdown score chance... and for no fucking reason at all and against all common sense, run towards his own endzone and score a safety for the other team.

Futon

Notorious
I was under the impression shaking an Earth sized planet was a feat in the teratons (no real damage or disasters, just noticable shaking felt across the planet). I'm not exactly sure how you evaulate this feat with Bleach's cosmology in mind.

I was under the impression shaking an Earth sized planet was a feat in the teratons (no real damage or disasters, just noticable shaking felt across the planet). I'm not exactly sure how you evaulate this feat with Bleach's cosmology in mind.

Just basically imagine the 3 Planets are basically closer than you think and only separated by the Precipice World and the Garganta respectively... that's about it.

In both those cases the reason why is because they were specifically trying to use the power in a way that makes sense for it to not have collateral damage in their vicinity. With Goku it’s him specifically stating that he was trying to contain the shockwaves, and in case you’re not familiar with the Accelerator feat:

THAT DOESN'T NEED TO MATTER IN A FUCKING VS. DEBATE, YOU JACKASSES! Something you yourselves consciously use every single damn time you try and push other series like JJK and MHA for the same shit.

I can't believe I have to quote TVTropes again but apparently I must:

Any creative endeavor — certainly any written creative endeavor — is only successful to the extent that the audience offers this willing suspension as they read, listen, or watch. It's part of an unspoken contract: The writer provides the reader/viewer/player with a good story, and in return, they accept the reality of the story as presented, and accept that characters in the fictional universe act on their own accord.

In other words, an author's work does not have to be realistic. It only has to be believable and internally consistent (and even the last requirement can be relieved to some extent). When the author pushes an audience beyond what they're willing to accept, the work fails in the eyes of that particular audience. Viewers are usually willing to go along with creative explanations for things, which is why people don't criticize your faster-than-light wormhole travel system or wonder how a shrinking potion doesn't violate the laws of matter conservation, but even in the more fantastical genres, suspension of disbelief can be broken when a work breaks its own established laws or asks the audience to put up with too many things that come off as contrived.

Like goddamn, TvTropers aren't even Powerscale Debaters and even they fully understand the basic tenants of VS. debating on the spot but oh shit nope, Spacebattles can't accept that shit, it will absolutely break their spine trying to avoid going too heavy on staying true to "Physics".

They completely misunderstand that Goku's explanation isn't meant to avoid the absence of physics but to simply explain to the viewer what the hell happened and to keep it in mind for the rest of the series going forth! That's it!(Which later makes the scope we see in DBS: Broly that much more cool and crazy, even crazier if we got what the director really wanted to go for).

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

It was a stomp because the Toaru side could do literally nothing about Time Stop and Kakine forcing a stalemate does not change that remember Tiamat or the other various immortals in Fate stomps threads just because they kept the Fate side alive did not stop people from calling it a stomp thread.
..besides the fact that, again, and I really need to reiterate this, Kakine and Accelerator have a massive speed advantage towards the opposition?

:really

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 lmfao, check if it still has Goku < Chief

*In the depths of the Halo Ring, Master Chief and his team were on a mission to stop the Covenant from activating the ring. Suddenly, they were ambushed by a group of Grunts, who were quickly dispatched. As they continued their journey, they were suddenly confronted by a being they had never seen before: Goku. Master Chief had heard tales of this legendary warrior, and knew that the only way to defeat him would be to use all of his strength and tactics.*

*Goku smiled at Master Chief, his eyes shining with power. "You're the one they call the 'Demon'," he said, his voice as calm as the ocean. "I've heard you've defeated enemies that were thought to be invincible. But you've never faced an opponent like me."*

*Master Chief took a deep breath and readied his weapon, his eyes locked on to Goku. "I'll take my chances," he said, his voice firm.*

*The two warriors circled each other, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Suddenly, Goku leaped into the air, his hands filled with energy. Before Master Chief could react, Goku fired a beam of energy that struck him squarely in the chest, causing him to fly backwards. He quickly regained his balance, though, and returned fire with his rifle. The bullets hit Goku, but they did not seem to faze him in the slightest.*

*The two continued to trade blows, their attacks growing more and more intense with each passing moment. Master Chief realized that he was at a disadvantage, and that he needed to use all of his cunning and skill to be able to compete with Goku. He summoned all of his strength, and let loose a burst of energy that sent Goku flying backwards. But even this did not seem to slow him down, and he quickly countered with a barrage of his own. Master Chief knew that the fight was far from over, and that he would need to push his limits to come out on top.*

*With a fierce determination, Master Chief charged at Goku, his adrenaline pumping through his veins. His attacks became more ferocious, and he managed to score a few critical blows. But Goku was not about to be beaten that easily. He unleashed a blast of energy that knocked Master Chief off his feet, sending him flying backwards. The two were neck and neck, neither willing to give up. The fight raged on for what felt like hours, with the two warriors giving it their all. In the end, it was Goku who emerged victorious, having managed to fend off Master Chief's onslaught.*

*But even in defeat, Master Chief had gained a new respect for Goku. For while he had been beaten in battle, he had proven himself to be a fearsome opponent. And as the two warriors exchanged polite bows, Master Chief could not help but feel that he and Goku were not so different after all.

Goku won

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Actually, come to think of it the shaking feat could kinda suck balls, lmao. The chicxulub meteor triggered the worst earthquakes this planet has suffered on impact and it was a mere 100 teratons. So who knows.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Shaking a single planet comes out to petatons

Teratons is too low. It’s impossible for it to be as low as country level

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Actually, come to think of it the shaking feat could kinda suck balls, lmao. The chicxulub meteor triggered the worst earthquakes this planet has suffered on impact and it was a mere 100 teratons. So who knows.
Well Shutara's bankai affected the clouds and weather patterns too, I don't think even some of the most powerful earthquakes do that.

The issue with that is Shutara didn't just shake the ground, she explicitly shuck the Clouds, Atmosphere and even the pressure itself as shown from Ichigo and co's point of view when she unleashed her Bankai.

That's well beyond anything from the former.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Well Shutara's bankai affected the clouds and weather patterns too, I don't think even some of the most powerful earthquakes do that.
The issue with that is Shutara didn't just shake the ground, she explicitly shuck the Clouds, Atmosphere and even the pressure itself as shown from Ichigo and co's point of view when she unleashed her Bankai.

That's well beyond anything from the former.
Well, I hope for the bleh fans they find a way to calculate these variables assuming they yield any significant difference because so far folks look like they're out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back