• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of time

Exceptional

3rd-4th time this thread happens... why do they keep thinking anything changes when the recent Shimousa manga and Samurai Remnant games continue to show how insane of a stomp this is against Demon Slayer :jordangif

Hell, you can just keep it to what she did in FGO and the FoxTail Manga and she would still stomp everyone in Demon Slayer just by existing.
Mama turns demon slayer into shit lol

Last edited:

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What the fuck is even up with the vast majority of Overlord fans exclusively being there for the power levels bro :lolwat

It legitimately seems like at this point most fans of the series are only there because "Ainz stronk". Which, wank aside, is a pretty shitty reason to like a series tbh. Like, seriously, I've only ever been able to have actual conversations about the story and setting itself on fucking 4CHAN. Everywhere else? It devolves into some manner of "Ainz stronk".

At least with one of my friends his main reason for liking the series is that the MC is a skeleton wizard and he likes skeletons and wizards which is completely fair tbh:skully

King of time

Exceptional
Cái quái gì đang xảy ra thế này khi đại đa số người hâm mộ Overlord chỉ đến đó vì các cấp độ sức mạnh thôi anh bạn:haha

Có vẻ như tại thời điểm này hầu hết người hâm mộ bộ truyện chỉ ở đó vì "Ainz stronk". Mà, bỏ qua một bên, đó là một lý do khá vớ vẩn để thích một bộ phim dài tập, tbh. Giống như, nghiêm túc mà nói, tôi chỉ có thể trò chuyện thực tế về câu chuyện và đặt mình vào 4CHAN chết tiệt. Ở mọi nơi khác? Nó chuyển hóa thành một dạng "Ainz stronk".

Ít nhất với một trong những người bạn của tôi, lý do chính khiến anh ấy thích bộ truyện là vì MC là một phù thủy bộ xương và anh ấy thích những bộ xương và phù thủy, điều này hoàn toàn công bằng tbh: đầu lâu
motherfucking shit overlord wank @Papa Nier :jordangif

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent

Outside power scaling debates the idea of the dwarfs inventing a nuclear bomb raises so many questions by itself, overlords world doesn't work the way ours does even on basic physics levels, there are areas where gravity inverts because magic, massive tornados appear on a calander for no discernable reason every thirty years, air resistance isn't a concept for items in free fall, metals simply won't function/heat if your not the appropriate level to smith them (Which level do you think you need to be to split an atom/create tech that can? Androids/mecha exist in universe so science stuff within overlords own world gets lumped under the level system) and word of god is literally "The laws of thermodynamics might as well not exist!" A lot of overlords fundamental world building might as well be "Wizard did it"

LIke what Materials are they using for the reaction, nobodies found plutonium/uranuim in new world, Theres solid chance they don't even exist considering the presence of magical metals that don't seem like they have a real world equivalent.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Meh agree to disagree, it's definitely not for everyone, and the world building is intentionally strange (The author was more forthcoming during the webnovel rough draft but with the light novel he's pulled back and made it difficult to figure out what's actually going on under the hood, especially as he made significant changes to the power scaling within the main cast/story) But I quite enjoy evil skeleton man and his gaggle of evil children messing up the world.

Saying that Ill never understand the group that thought zesshi was going to be a viable threat though, before volume 15/16 came out there was a small but vocal group that thought she'd finally be a real challenge, and I just questioned if they'd even read the books, cause when zesshi was introduced as the strongest human we had one of her subordinate literally tell us shalltear is stronger and zesshi could only win due to her better gear. (And they didn't know about shalltears armor/weapon which are stronger then zesshis, nor did they see that shalltear had a better version of zesshis ultimate skill)

Like the author never pretended zesshi was going to be anything other then a speed bump.

Last edited:
A level 20 Wizard and Warlock are around island level to multi-continent level, depending on who they have fought against like a weakened Tiamat or a fully summoned Tiamat (Avatars of course), a Tarrasque, the Elder Evils, the strongest aspect of Demogorgon, etc. Wish spell has interdimensional range. Plenty of other broken spells and abilities.

Here are the different types of Wizards and Warlocks.
IMG_5487.png
IMG_5488.png

King of time

Exceptional
Meh agree to disagree, it's definitely not for everyone, and the world building is intentionally strange (The author was more forthcoming during the webnovel rough draft but with the light novel he's pulled back and made it difficult to figure out what's actually going on under the hood, especially as he made significant changes to the power scaling within the main cast/story) But I quite enjoy evil skeleton man and his gaggle of evil children messing up the world.

Saying that Ill never understand the group that thought zesshi was going to be a viable threat though, before volume 15/16 came out there was a small but vocal group that thought she'd finally be a real challenge, and I just questioned if they'd even read the books, cause when zesshi was introduced as the strongest human we had one of her subordinate literally tell us shalltear is stronger and zesshi could only win due to her better gear. (And they didn't know about shalltears armor/weapon which are stronger then zesshis, nor did they see that shalltear had a better version of zesshis ultimate skill)

Like the author never pretended zesshi was going to be anything other then a speed bump.
Lol you fucking joke

Randomdude

Preeminent
Lol you fucking joke
Im not sure what you mean? If your reffering to my enjoyment of overlord? D:

Again to each there own, Ill never argue it's a perfect work of fiction but it's got many interesting ideas mixed into the crock pot of Maruyama's brain soup (Still not convinced mecha/androids weren't added because he got through a playthrough of neir... Man threw in a godzilla knockoff in book fourteen I suspect it was due to the godzilla film coming out 2019)

Though little of the interesting bits actually made it to the anime sadly. They couldn't even get the dwarfs/bridge right as my previous unrelated overlord rant demonstrated!

Though if your referring to the vocal crowd thinking zesshi and her father would be actual threats? Most of the reddit messages I remember seem to have vanished. Though I found one guy getting into it on space battles thinking zesshis father was going to be a player/raid boss and reintroduce tension to the story...

If you want the quote that shows zesshi was undermined as a threat entirely by the next book by someone on her side/one of her subordinates I can provide it!

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
NGL, your being pretty toxic dude.
Depends what he's referring to as a joke. The guy going to bat for Overlord, or the guy himself. The former, given we rag on series here all the time, isn't really toxic. If he was referring to the man himself, then we might have to ask him to calm down a bit. This ain't the attitude era OBD, after all. It's the PG era.

Unfortunately. :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Depends what he's referring to as a joke. The guy going to bat for Overlord, or the guy himself. The former, given we rag on series here all the time, isn't really toxic. If he was referring to the man himself, then we might have to ask him to calm down a bit. This ain't the attitude era OBD, after all. It's the PG era.

Unfortunately. :wow
He specifically referred to you but who knows what they were really saying anyway.

@Brue lee ’s english is atrocious

:heston

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
What the fuck is even up with the vast majority of Overlord fans exclusively being there for the power levels bro :lolwat

It legitimately seems like at this point most fans of the series are only there because "Ainz stronk". Which, wank aside, is a pretty shitty reason to like a series tbh. Like, seriously, I've only ever been able to have actual conversations about the story and setting itself on fucking 4CHAN. Everywhere else? It devolves into some manner of "Ainz stronk".

At least with one of my friends his main reason for liking the series is that the MC is a skeleton wizard and he likes skeletons and wizards which is completely fair tbh:skully
Reason why most of the OV fandom is in shambles cause most people with common sense left after Ainz revealed he was just a fucking asshole, rest migrated to SB where dudes like Overlord_Rei, Rs, OneBelowAll and fucking Nyarla are and wanking OV.

That and Russian Reversal's OV fic Grand Foreigner which started the whole "Ainz can stomp anything" epidemic and that every fanfic should be Nazarick stomping everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back