• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genya with a shotgun being a legit threat is still one of the funniest things in Demon Slayer.

And they then pretend it's not despite what the story itself states... or my favorite:
Somehow the Shotgun is far more advanced than modern day Shotguns :risigif

It never stops being hilarious on how much they will defend Demon Slayer and just make shit up for it to matter.

Saber's Instinct
a) works on a totally different mechanism (being "true precog" rather than simply perfectly reading someone)

No, Saber's Instinct is literally closer to a Spider-Sense that literally tells her what to do than just a simple "True Precognition" but it's funny Spacebattles constantly goes with just that despite Shinjuku literally having Saber Alter know how to dance because she used Instinct to tell her how. :heston

b) is notably inconsistent in the VN, so her failing to predict TG in advance isn't particular evidence of its inherent unpredictability

Nah, just plot BS(You can easily put it at Shirou is gimping the shit out of her). It basically vanishes from being an issue in every other series she makes an appearance in.

c) works just fine on the attack once it's made and is one of the main reasons she survived it, iirc

No, it still tells her how to win even then if the same move is done again, that's why it also told her how to defeat Kojirou's Tsubame Gaeshi the final time when he fucked up his sword.

In other words, Saber's feats against TG have nothing to do with whether Transparent World would succeed or fail, here, and actually provide some evidence against the idea that there is some magical property preventing the attack from being read or predicted.

Yes because manipulating possibilities somehow means that Transparent World will succeed where Instinct failed... that doesn't even begin to make sense...

Last edited:

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Girl actually insist her points. The points that said that cutting 10k fish is much more impressive than catching bullets, and catching one bullet means the same as catching multiple bullets.

Most generous interpretation of the feat, 10,000 slashes, would be like 28,433 m/s or Mach 83.555 from a 1/3rd circumference swing of a 0.8 meter arm in the time it takes to fall an average human body length.

1000 slashes would be Mach 8.356

100 slashes would be transonic

See, they’re clearly talking about gunfire as if the spread reflects how they would fire in reality

Problem is, that’s not the spread that was drawn, ergo it’s their prerogative to care, but I certainly don’t

Basically. We literally see multiple spread out pellets meaning Jester most likely fucked with the shotgun he has like Berserker Lancelot, meaning he fired out WAY more rounds than physically possible for any real life gun(Especially since what Jester has is a Pump Handle Shotgun meaning it has to be reloaded before it fires).

So it's exactly the same situation as Berserker Lancelot: Ignore the extremely fantastical elements in favor of trying to peg in real life physics into all of it.

King of time

Exceptional
And they then pretend it's not despite what the story itself states... or my favorite:
Somehow the Shotgun is far more advanced than modern day Shotguns :risigif

It never stops being hilarious on how much they will defend Demon Slayer and just make shit up for it to matter.

No, Saber's Instinct is literally closer to a Spider-Sense that literally tells her what to do than just a simple "True Precognition" but it's funny Spacebattles constantly goes with just that despite Shinjuku literally having Saber Alter know how to dance because she used Instinct to tell her how. :heston

Nah, just plot BS(You can easily put it at Shirou is gimping the shit out of her). It basically vanishes from being an issue in every other series she makes an appearance in.

No, it still tells her how to win even then if the same move is done again, that's why it also told her how to defeat Kojirou's Tsubame Gaeshi the final time when he fucked up his sword.

Yes because manipulating possibilities somehow means that Transparent World will succeed where Instinct failed... that doesn't even begin to make sense...
The entire spacebattle has become a circus

The problem is they tried too hard by trying to apply rl physics to a fiction.

When even sf like SW and ST having artistic license to physics, let alone non sf like Fate

The problem with Spacebattles is 2 fold issues that have been building up to where we are now where basically they are seen as the joke of jokes and how they keep bleeding users in the VS. section:

1. Spacebattles was never a VS. discussion site in the first place. Even in comparison to other places or even Fanverse, it's extremely obvious that Spacebattles was never made with VS. discussions in mind as all it was is basically a Creative Fiction(i.e. Fan-Fiction) site of Sci-Fi enthusiasts of all creeds of life, shapes and sizes. and was actually damn near like the OBD of the past(Like they would legit pick fights with other discussion boards like we used to do). The problem is that they decided to make a VS. discussion forum REAL LATE(like one was legit established like only like 8-9 years ago... yeah that recent) relative to how long it wasn't one, this is why it feels extremely weird even in comparison to places like VSB, Reddit or otherwise or how they have a Meta-Discussion Thread but not only barely use it, they don't even try and pull anything from it.

2. All of the actual intelligent debaters have long left for many reasons. Like it's easy as hell to point out why is so many users braindead like they have never known VS. discussion before but the easiest way to legit put it into perspective is the fact that SB has went under what Fanverse went about years before we did. Like there's no joke that Spacebattles is... well... on the Far Left side of the Internet... because there is no joke. It's pretty obvious and evident in how they conduct themselves in a manner that you can get banned for daring to come off like you are hurting someone's feelings, not that you actually are and that's what gets plenty of people banned. It doesn't take anything at all to get banned from Spacebattles, especially when you have Moderators that act like they are the hottest shit under the sun and people who have mods in their backpocket.
I already mentioned how I got perma-banned from the VS discussion not because I did anything to warrant it but the mods explicitly wanted me gone and even came off like they wanted me to GROVEL to them and beg after another year to be allowed back in(I didn't even mention that but yes, that's how it came off and that's why they perma-banned me entirely when I brought the deets here... in clear violation of their own rules, oh? Didn't I mention they violate their own rules and can get you for things stated off their site? There's a reason the OBD have constantly stated SB looks over our shit and there is a hell of alot of proof for that).

These is why now, you have Spacebattles, the horrific combination of the worst of Reddit, VSB and the sheer ignorance of Youtube with the self-righteousness you see from the worst of both sides of the political spectrum all made into one Forum that has no goddamned idea what they are talking about that harbors the "Safe Space" mentality not even Reddit does and Moderators that should have long lost their rights still being Moderators to this day. I.E. An Absolute All Day, All Year Carneval.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back