• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What are you guys even talking about?

LordAizenSama said To Aru has poor speed feats and I brought up speed feats that he knows exists but chooses to lie about anyway.

I already know "supersonic" is just a way to generically call something super fast in a story.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Genki’s doing a complete 180 because it’s about proving Bleach beats Toaru now and he’s salty because he’s getting clowned trying to do so.

He broski, if by any chance your seeing all this, let me know if I hit the nail on the head so far with everything I’ve said

:hestonpls

I already know "supersonic" is just a way to generically call something super fast in a story.

I'm not going to talk for ChaosTheory but I do think he's pointing out your statement here:

I must've missed those same crossbow shots doing some shit that can hardly even be called "speed" at a certain point ("overcoming the restrictions of the 3rd dimension or w/e it said").

Like how do you overcome speed as a concept and take that shit seriously? Like is it just teleportation because that ain't speed but if it's meant to be "Well it's beyond speed" then it has to be false because there's nothing about that which makes any kind of sense(And I'm not getting into the "Magic God" business).

But going to the point I want to talk about:

That's not what either me or Chaos meant. We mean that Supersonic is on the whole anything above the Speed of Sound period. There is no actual terms for going above the speed of sound but stopping at Y just like how there is no extra speed that's in a category above Mach or how you try and measure things Faster Than Light.

At the end of the day, they are ALL measurement tools. Just like how there is no thing that makes you go above Prime Numbers, there is nothing that stops Supersonic/Mach from being just 747 MPH... to basically as fast as Light itself and even beyond that. It's not only authors who do that, everyone does it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm not going to talk for ChaosTheory but I do think he's pointing out your statement here:

Like how do you overcome speed as a concept and take that shit seriously? Like is it just teleportation because that ain't speed but if it's meant to be "Well it's beyond speed" then it has to be false because there's nothing about that which makes any kind of sense(And I'm not getting into the "Magic God" business).

But going to the point I want to talk about:

That's not what either me or Chaos meant. We mean that Supersonic is on the whole anything above the Speed of Sound period. There is no actual terms for going above the speed of sound just like how there is no extra speed that's in a category above Mach or how you try and measure things Faster Than Light.

At the end of the day, they are ALL measurement tools. Just like how there is no thing that makes you go above Prime Numbers, there is nothing that stops Supersonic/Mach from being just 747 MPH... to basically as fast as Light itself and even beyond that. It's not only authors who do that, everyone does it.
Because Pax is referring to the other crossbow shots mentioned that spanned the entire universe in mere moments that you conveniently left out

I must've missed those crossbow shots in NT9 fired by Othinus crossing a universe-sized distance (at bare minimum) in a matter of seconds.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Xhominid The Apex Bro. It’s Genkidama that’s arguing Supersonic being taken at face value by Vs battle terms. Chaos was pointing that out to Genki’s argument

That entire tangent was pointless. Your not even arguing with the right person.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Servants bodies are made of Ether and only mimics the Human body in terms of how it works but not in the terms that it's needed for Servants(Servants' bleeding out isn't a possibility because the blood itself is just there to pretend otherwise). It's also why you can actually have Servants survive attacks to the Heart or Brain as long as they have enough Magical Energy to deal with it(We explicitly get the latter from Fate/Redline where Mori literally gets his entire head split open and he's still alive due to the Magical Energy he had available)
This is actaully similar to how undead are treated in overlord, the physical condition of the body isn't what dictates an undead "living" or dying simply the amount of negative energy that is left in the body, which is what makes them such annoying opponents to fight...

Well that and the whole endless stamina issue meaning if your on the same level as them you're forced to finish the fight fast or eventually be worn down by an opponent that can just keep attacking without rest.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Touma at his strongest would mean him with Invisible Thing which would only make him 9-B with an invisible 5-B attack

so uh...
shouldn't Gojo stomp here?

lol

lmao

Randomdude

Preeminent
I haven't gotten into dragon ball in a while but going off how the series is written...give it a few years and gokus bound to be stronger then it eventually.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

lol

lmao

Gojo facing the Dragon Strike be like:

ElQrNyh.png

This is actaully similar to how undead are treated in overlord, the physical condition of the body isn't what dictates an undead "living" or dying simply the amount of negative energy that is left in the body, which is what makes them such annoying opponents to fight...

Well that and the whole endless stamina issue meaning if your on the same level as them you're forced to finish the fight fast or eventually be worn down by an opponent that can just keep attacking without rest.

And I'm not denying that's the case... however, I can still point out Hydra Venom fucks up Servants as badly as it does for Humans(well... less so, Humans would instantly die just inhaling the shit and it melts their internal organs, Servants will die slower but still die the same way) so why would Ainz be immune to that?
Why would he be immune to Hassan of Serenity's poison considering that shit can corrode metal on touch and that's before we get to her actual use of her Noble Phantasm?

Like it would make some real sense if again, it was demonstrated how far his poison tolerance goes but like everything else ever stated by them in SB, it's just "Take their word for it".

Yeah that's fair. My point is they more so exist, even if they do different things.

Dude gets called out, gets shown his main point doesn't even make sense with the shit he's even shown and then he gives this copout answer...
Of course...

I'm assuming you conceded on the cure elim point.

He didn't, you just moved the goalposts again from his actual point.

It's a discussed point in the series that there's a difference between reanimated undead and those coalesced from negative energy. The cemetery is obviously corpse central in a city, so most of those undead are ya know, former dudes.

Basically, if you kill cure elim and other high tier undead they dissipate. If you kill a squire zombie from a death knight it reverts to a corpse.

Yes because there's somehow a difference from getting blasted by an elemental attack and just getting your head shot off...
Let's ignore Shaltear was disintegrated by Fallen Down just like Cure Elim was which makes this point even more ridiculous since at the end of the day, I can guarantee they would just be a corpse regardless unless blasted like that.

Randomdude

Preeminent
And I'm not denying that's the case... however, I can still point out Hydra Venom fucks up Servants as badly as it does for Humans(well... less so, Humans would instantly die just inhaling the shit and it melts their internal organs, Servants will die slower but still die the same way) so why would Ainz be immune to that?
Why would he be immune to Hassan of Serenity's poison considering that shit can corrode metal on touch and that's before we get to her actual use of her Noble Phantasm?

Like it would make some real sense if again, it was demonstrated how far his poison tolerance goes but like everything else ever stated by them in SB, it's just "Take their word for it".
Well he doesn't really have any internals to melt as a pile of bones.

Poison wise the best feats off the top of my head are the death vapors in the dwarvern maze that instantly stops the heart of anyone not immune while paralyzing the body. I think there are a few other mentions of poison but it's rarely touched upon because the main cast is..well immune

Saying that I didn't mean to argue any point, was just pointing out the description for servants survival mechanics sounded rather similar to how overlord treats it's undead. Though replace mana with negative energy.

The whole undead leaving corpses point is weird, (Then again undead in overlord in general are weird, shalltear can still cry/produce bodily fluids and even ainz isn't sure why considering shes...dead) Ill have to do another reread but Im 90% sure the author has both implied undead disintergrate upon death and that they leave bodies behind (The reason Im ninety precent sure is because I remember something like this popping up before). I suspect the author has an internal distinction on what undead will leave a body and which won't that he felt no need to clarify to the readers.

Last edited:
Well he doesn't really have any internals to melt as a pile of bones.

Hydra Poison can literally melt bones, I just stated how it kills humans from the fumes alone.

Poison wise the best feats off the top of my head are the death vapors in the dwarvern maze that instantly stops the heart of anyone not immune while paralyzing the body. I think there are a few other mentions of poison but it's rarely touched upon because the main cast is..well immune

Well that's some really shitty ass poison then considering it's no different than other major sources of poison currently available in real life like Cyanide.

Saying that I didn't mean to argue any point, was just pointing out the description for servants survival mechanics sounded rather similar to how overlord treats it's undead. Though replace mana with negative energy.

I know, I'm just pointing it out that R S and the others offer nothing at all for reasons outside of "Trust Us Bro" and that's it.

The whole undead leaving corpses point is weird, Ill have to do another reread but Im 90% sure the author has both implied undead disintergrate upon death and that they leave bodies behind. I suspect the author has an internal distinction on what undead will leave a body and which won't that he felt no need to clarify to the readers.

The funny part is that he basically stated and contradicted himself that they don't but Death Knights do so...

Randomdude

Preeminent
decided to do a little control fing for the word poison,

The treasury is shrouded in a toxic gas that will kill anyone not immune to poison within three steps, the poison is known as the blood of Jörmungandr,
From volume 3 page 183
“…Yuri-nee. Powerful magic toxin in the air.”
“…Blood of Jörmungandr?”
As Shizu named that most potent of poisons, Ainz replied: “Mm, that’s correct. I didn’t tell you, but the air in the Treasury is toxic. Anyone without poison immunity or items granting it will die within three steps.”

It should be noted poison immunity kinda sucks, Apparently drunkenness counts as poison in overlords verse so if your immune to it you literally can't get drunk...

From volume 4 page 42
Drunkenness was similar to being poisoned. Thus, it was impossible for someone who was immune to poison to get intoxicated.

Overall the author never seems to go into details in regards to poison, simply noting its existence and the necessity of being immune to it.

Randomdude

Preeminent
That doesn't really mean much out of universe.
Are golems or other artificial beings going to die because they are not immune?
They're immune in universe? CZ delta is an automaton (Scifi android type race added during the valkeryies fall update six years in) and has immunity to poison.

If your reffering to out of universe androids/golems, Id assume under overlords system they'd be considered immune even if they're not marked as such within there own verse.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Does that mean it the poison only work on living people or that Overlord's automatons (and probably other races) are simply immune?
Unclear, automatons, undead and golems all have the racial ability poison immune.

Demons/angels/most living races seemingly don't have such and require items/spells to resist poison

Back