Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Guys, let’s settle this real quick:

Base Accel casually stopping Coronzon’s Flaming Sword
That doesn't matter, because we're arguing how strong PHYSICALLY Accelerator is, durability wise.

Speed wise, he blows Arcueid out of the water.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why does that matter at all when all his best feats comes from his Reflection? Not like Arc has a way around it

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Why does that matter at all when all his best feats comes from his vector control? Not like Arc has a way around it
Ask goldenboy, he brought up Accelerator's physical stats first.

I was just trying to correct him.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Please tell me their not arguing Vegeta having split durability while debating Invincible, a setting that manages to consist of Supes that are bricks and glass cannons at the same time

Mondak

Preeminent
Please tell me their not arguing Vegeta having split durability while debating Invincible, a setting that manages to consist of Supes that are bricks and glass cannons at the same time
Yeah basically. I mean the split durability argument is debunked once you realize that the space pods were able to tank Nappa's country busting attack and Raditz's armor tanked Piccolo's moonbuster, and Gohan broke through both
:hestonpls

Or how about Frieza being on zero Ki and cut in half and still tanking Namek's explosion. Yet Goku's punches can still hurt him at 100% power

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Some fag unironically arguing that Lesser Restoration can't cure paraplegia because it wouldn't count as paralysis by the exact wording of it via RAW. When the exact wording of it makes it clear that it can repair damage to the nervous system that is far worse.

Paralysis in D&D is closer to being frozen than anything else

A lesser restoration spell should be more than enough.

Just for clarification, could you explain what he's referring to? @Xhominid The Apex

I see that alot of shit happened while I went somewhere but basically it's like Rey stated:

Arcueid's "Backup" is not a backup body or any of that crap, it's literally more her support from the Earth as a True Ancestor that is basically a step away from being a TYPE.
She gets boosts on all stats and gains a resistance to what hits her basically like Mahoraga's Adapation but on Crack Cocaine. You could potentially overwhelm her with pure force even if she gets a Backup but it's not easy in the slightest which was why Ciel's plan in Tsukihime Remake is just to kill her ass in one shot before she can adapt to it.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Gawain's a Knight of the Round right?
Therefore fairly safe to assume he hands Dante his ass?

He should, yeah. Unless the Qliphoth scaling got super out of control or they're using the Chinese gacha game that apparently has some weird universal shit?

Or they used SMT Dante :maybe

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Eternal Reminder
The lightest truck's kinetic energy is approximately 18,896,477 times greater than the energy of the Big Bang.
The heaviest truck's kinetic energy is approximately 151,171,818 times greater than the energy of the Big Bang.
The average truck's kinetic energy is approximately 85,034,148 times greater than the energy of the Big Bang.

Big Rigs is like the faster younger brother of Gurren Laggan
:heston

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Narratively it makes zero sense that Sephiroth is even solar system level when his whole thing is "I want to kill this planet with a convoluted plan involving black materia and a meteor so I can ride it like an Uber to the next habitable world that's totally the Promised Land and not just me doing to another planet what JENOVA did to ours".

...but hey, that's just how it goes. Sephiroth is simply capable of destroying entire star systems but can't blow up one planet by himself. :catshrug
Oh not this shit again. :smh

No, Sephiroth's plan was to WOUND the planet and force the LIFESTREAM to try to mend it, which would then allow him to absorb the Lifestream and become a God, THEN he would use the husk of the planet to travel the universe.

Ignoring the fact that HOLY and the Lifestream exist, making it much more difficult to destroy this particular planet outright (which is why he needed METEOR), METEOR is outright stated to be the strongest materia which by default makes it stronger than Knights of the Round who are already well beyond planet level.

Nothing about the narrative makes Sephiroth's power level not make sense, in fact it consistently supports it with Supernova being confirmed as his limit break as early as Crisis Core and it being outright stated the summons (and supernova) take you to another dimension to do their shit.

Hell Sequel disguised as a Remake Sephiroth is trying to take over/destroy multiple time-lines or some shit that I shouldn't need to explain is massively beyond planet level. :kobeha

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This would make sense if it weren't for the fact that Sephiroth's Supernova also destroys the planet the heroes are on and you'd have to prove the planets he destroys with Supernova are in some way weaker than the one he can't destroy without the apparently solar system+ level Meteor.
Sephiroth's Supernova (as well as all the summons) are directly stated to draw the target into a different dimension when they're being used, so the planet Sephiroth is destroying while using Supernova is not the same planet (very obviously given the actual planet is still there).
Like... you'd need to prove that the planet, Meteor, Holy and the Lifestream are all solar system level to a higher degree than Sephiroth and you'd need better a better argument than "because Sephiroth is". Saying that the Black Materia is more powerful than Knights of the Round
Knights of the Round is already more impressive than Supernova feat-wise and yet we outright know that it's weaker than METEOR because the latter is stated to be the strongest Materia FULL STOP!

HOLY and the LIFESTREAM have parity with METEOR ergo they scale, this isn't hard.
I'm just sayin'. Sephiroth, the dude that can blow up solar systems, needing a materia to damage a planet enough that he can absorb its Lifestream and turn it into a taxi to travel the universe is a bit daft.
He needs METEOR to damage the planet enough to force the LIFESTREAM to take action. He then needs to personally hold HOLY back because both at once could overpower METEOR outright (ie what literally happens after he dies). Like this is the reason the party needs to fight Sephiroth at the end, because he's holding HOLY back (which again shows that Sephiroth, HOLY, METEOR and the Lifestream all have parity with each other).

It seems daft because you're treating the planet as if it is a normal planet, despite the fact that the Lifestream and Mako shit out shit like Knights of the Round, the WEAPONS and all the other Summons. No shit it's going to take a lot more than just planet destroying energies to even wound something like that.
I can't tell what we're s'posed to take at face value and what we are s'posed to consider artistic license.
It's fairly safe to take most of it at face value, especially given they go out of their way to explain why the Summons and Supernova don't cause collateral damage (ie they take the target to another dimension). They wouldn't need to explain this if they were just supposed to be flashy animations you're not supposed to give much credence to.
But what do I know? Apparently the Turks are multi-galaxy because of Before Crisis, so Sephiroth must be far superior to that and that just means Meteor must be even greater than that.
Uh huh and the Leblanc Syndicate, the "rival" characters in FFX-2 who are largely played for laughs and whom the Gullwings regularly beat the shit out of, scale to top tier (planet level) stats in FFX due to not getting instantly murdered by Vegnagun (a Sin level threat).

Several FFXIII characters went from planet level at best in XIII-2 to Galaxy level MINIMUM in Lightning Returns despite not getting the Saviour power-up that Light got (okay Hope was turned into Bhunivelze's vessel so he has that at least but still).

Point being shit happens, FF scaling can get ridiculous but it is what it is. The actual feats still make sense within the narrative.

Back