Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It's always funny because as ChaosTheory can tell you, you can actually pick better feats than the damn boulder but they literally cannot tell any better so they end up hyperscaling even when it not only makes zero sense, it makes no canonical sense for the characters to get stronger in certain situations anyway.
You know I always wondered where the calc for the tank shell comparison comes from cause I see people saying "oh yeah the boulder cut is comparable to a tank shell" but they never post the calc for it

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@Xhominid The Apex
I asked the ai if someone were to do the same with a modern building like sukuna did what would the numbers look like?
To estimate the energy required to cut a large modern building in half along its width, we need some assumptions and parameters. Here's how we can approach it:
  1. Dimensions of the building: Let's assume an average large modern office building, which could be around 50 meters tall (about 15 to 20 stories) and 30 meters wide.
  2. Material properties: Modern buildings are constructed with a variety of materials, including steel, concrete, glass, etc. For simplicity, let's consider concrete as the primary material to calculate the cutting force, as it's a common structural material.
  3. Strength of concrete: The tensile strength of concrete varies, but we can use an average value of about 3 MPa (megapascals) for tensile strength, considering we'd be looking at a force similar to a tensile or shear action to "cut" through the building.
  4. Conversion to shear force: We might apply a factor similar to what you previously mentioned (0.6) to convert this tensile strength into an equivalent shear force value, recognizing the complexity of actual material failure modes.
  5. Cross-sectional area: This is the area we'd theoretically be cutting through, which is the width times the height of the building.
Given these parameters, we can calculate the force required by multiplying the cross-sectional area of the building by the tensile strength of concrete, adjusted for shear. Then, to estimate energy, we would need to consider a path length through which this force is applied, which could be the building’s depth or thickness; however, since we don’t have the depth explicitly, we’d usually equate this in practical terms to width or a relevant dimension for the "cutting" action.
Let's proceed with these rough estimates to get an idea of the energy involved.

To theoretically cut a large modern building in half along its width, given the building dimensions of 50 meters tall and 30 meters wide, and using concrete's average tensile strength:
  • The force required would be approximately 2,700,000,000 Newtons (or 2.7 billion Newtons).
  • The energy required for this action, assuming the force is applied across the entire width of the building, would be about 81,000,000,000 Joules (or 81 billion Joules).
These calculations give a theoretical figure for the immense amount of energy and force that would be needed to "cut" through a large modern building, underlining the extreme scenario beyond real-world practical capabilities.
  • The energy to cut the building is about 235 times greater than the energy to cut the boulder.
  • This reflects the much larger size and material volume of the building compared to the boulder, as well as the complexity and strength of construction materials like concrete.
:heston

SupremeZaarin

Illustrious

almost all of the profiles for Star Wars Legends have massively over-exaggerated Attack Potency tiers

No, they do not. In fact, I would argue that the SW profiles that they have are in fact far weaker.

Yarael Poof defusing a bomb being mistook as him overpowering a planetary explosion

Obviously lacking in reading comprehension. What Poof did was simply bind the energies together, not defusing it.

Palpatine envisioning the death of his master in flowery terms as shaking the stars.

Ah yes, the "it's nothing but hyperbole" argument. If this was a one-time thing that would never be repeated, that might be true. But the fact of the matter is that the blowing up of stars is a thing. Starfire can be easily manipulated by someone like Brakiss. Black holes are nothing to high tier Force users. Etc. No, this is not an exaggeration.

So what exactly is going on?

Actually acknowledging how powerful Star Wars is, and not trying to be a retarded downplayer.

Last edited:
You know I always wondered where the calc for the tank shell comparison comes from cause I see people saying "oh yeah the boulder cut is comparable to a tank shell" but they never post the calc for it

It's because they got it from US, that or VSB and they never credit us. It's been a well known thing that SB knows their Calc section is absolute trash so where do they get most of their info from? Other places, it's why they can't bring in calcs because it would explicitly be something mods and other users would bitch about.
Just another reason why the place is terrible.

@Xhominid The Apex
I asked the ai if someone were to do the same with a modern building like sukuna did what would the numbers look like?

:heston

Well that's with Cleave and Dismantle hitting it but yeah, it SHOULD be far more impressive than cutting a Boulder but you always see how they never understood this at all... much like they don't understand much about anything.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

No, they do not. In fact, I would argue that the SW profiles that they have are in fact far weaker.

Obviously lacking in reading comprehension. What Poof did was simply bind the energies together, not defusing it.

Ah yes, the "it's nothing but hyperbole" argument. If this was a one-time thing that would never be repeated, that might be true. But the fact of the matter is that the blowing up of stars is a thing. Starfire can be easily manipulated by someone like Brakiss. Black holes are nothing to high tier Force users. Etc. No, this is not an exaggeration.

Actually acknowledging how powerful Star Wars is, and not trying to be a retarded downplayer.
I don’t even read the eu books or anything and I’m pretty sure I could still name several legenfs feats affecting multiple stars lmao

Salfarc

Paramount

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The latest chapter of Frieren literally states that both Fern and fucking Frieren would get killed by Stark if the battle started less than ten or so meters away, because he'd be on them before they could cast.

Rin is faster and stronger than Stark is. It's not a difficult concept

The latest chapter of Frieren literally states that both Fern and fucking Frieren would get killed by Stark if the battle started less than ten or so meters away, because he'd be on them before they could cast.

Rin is faster and stronger than Stark is. It's not a difficult concept

It is a difficult concept because they believe Stark is some overpowered Knight/Assassin hybrid that can murder Servants casually... I'm exaggerating but just a bit.
The actual deal is that they "conveniently" leave behind shit like that when they make their retarded declarations and Mook is one of the biggest perpetrators of that.

View attachment 1102

Bruh, Medea joins Argonaut. That is far more adventures and experiences that Frieren's Fern ever have. Spamming is also what Medea does. If anything Fern is nowhere close to Medea.

The last is also assuming Fern can react.

Is Stark really that strong that NP other than Nine-Lives wont be able to kill him? Aint his weapon still normal weapon? That would break vs NPs.

The ridiculous shit is that Medea joined the Argonauts at a young age till she was a freaking adult! If she has no combat experience, how the hell she went from being primarily support as Young Medea to being full offensive as her older self?! That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but don't tell SB that.

Secondly, why are you asking if Stark is stronger than a Noble Phantasm? The obvious answer is no, no anyone in Frieren is.

Frieren
Having good odds against the freaking HOMONCULI!

:heston :heston:heston:heston:heston

:forizzle:rock
It never ceases to be dumb how people keep thinking Frieren is some truly overpowered person who can and will fly before anyone can think of anything... when she will absolutely get mogged by the superhuman Homonculi(Especially Wrath, Sloth and Pride) before she even knew what happened.
I can't even say she defeats Envy, Gluttony, Greed or Lust before she ultimately dies over mistaking the shit out of her prey due to thinking they need to die once(I can guarantee they are not understanding how and why Mustang is a monster to them and spoiler alert, I doubt they ever want to).

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Frieren can fly and none of the Homunculi can.

And last I checked, Frieren has far higher firepower than any of them bar maybe Pride.

Their win condition is what exactly :tupac

Back