• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Inside a Black hole is a lot different than saying inside a singularity.
Good thing the scan says while she’s in the center of a black hole specifically aka the singularity past the event horizon

They wont be able to enforce their changes on reality because reality itself is freezing at a quantum level.
Basic shit to Espers.

“That is the true identity of psychic powers. There are many possibilities in this reality. Among them are the possibility that fire can come from one’s hand and the possibility of reading someone’s mind. Because those 1% possibilities differ from the 99% possibility of the natural thing happening, they can be referred to as supernatural powers.” Komoe-sensei spun around the saibashi. “However, this is also why supernatural powers are not almighty. For instance, in our example there was a 50% possibility of chocolates and a 50% possibility of hard candies, so there was a 0% possibility of gum being inside. These powers cannot be used in places or conditions that have no possibility in the first place.”

“???”

“When we refer to espers, we refer to someone whose ability to view the reality of the 50% chocolates vs. 50% hard candies differs from that of normal people. RPSK Syndrome, commonly referred to as a poltergeist, is caused by children who are no longer able to properly view reality due to trauma or excessive stress. The Ganzfeld experiment used in powers development purposefully seals off the senses in order cut one off from the proper reality.” Komoe-sensei continued to spin the saibashi around. “Espers who are cut off from the proper reality gain a personal reality that differs from ours. As a result, they can distort a micro world using different laws. In other words they gain the power to destroy things without touching them or to see one year into the future by closing their eyes.”

How will you make changes to reality when the reality that you start to change instantly freezes.
Same way she can still use her powers even when time itself is frozen.

Iceman tries freezing space-time, Beginning Child creates an isolated environment completely ignoring the effects of Iceman to make it suitable for living for herself and Kakine. Kakine then adapts and starts mass producing her ability with Dark Matter

Hell the fragment of the black winter he beat was strong enough to overpower Thor and Silver Surfer
Don’t care for terrible comic book scaling

Show me Iceman himself even destroying a planet

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Good thing the scan says while she’s in the center of a black hole specifically aka the singularity past the event horizon

Good thing I already acknowledge this and didnt refute you after you proved this point. I just pointed out that you saying "inside a black hole" is different from the scan saying "center of a black hole"

Keep up son
Basic shit to Espers.
Oh so you can show me an esper freezing reality and space-time at the quantum level then
Same way she can still use her powers even when time itself is frozen.
This isnt just time being frozen Astaro this is all of reality being frozen thats is a huge ass leap above just time.
Iceman tries freezing space-time,
Iceman freezes reality, there is no "try" he does and not a single thing you've posted shows her overcoming this. A black hole isnt anywhere close to "reality"

Hell whats even worse is that your evidence is just a claim that she would survive in these places but I'd rather you post her actually doing these things if she actually can. Otherwise its just hearsay.
Don’t care for terrible comic book scaling
You could not care all you want. Its there and you just gotta deal with it
Show me Iceman himself even destroying a planet
Out of all the things you could say, THIS is honestly fucking hilarious.

You should know damn well by now that Biggatons are not the be all end all of ANYTHING. This is one of the dumbest things ive seen you say in a long ass time my brother.

"b-but muh destroying a planet"

Come the fuck on son.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I have no stake in this argument but the quote Astaro posted was a direct statement from the third person narration (iirc) describing what her power can do.

I believe there's also a statement by Aleister himself regarding her power.

I think that's a bit more than just "hearsay", no?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Good thing I already acknowledge this and didnt refute you after you proved this point. I just pointed out that you saying "inside a black hole" is different from the scan saying "center of a black hole"

Keep up son
Okay
Oh so you can show me an esper freezing reality and space-time at the quantum level then
All Espers (besides Holistic) are overwriting reality on a quantum level for their powers to work and freezing space-time isn’t stopping a character who can use their powers where time already stands still as proven

This isnt just time being frozen Astaro this is all of reality being frozen thats is a huge ass leap above just time.
Read above.
Iceman freezes reality, there is no "try" he does and not a single thing you've posted shows her overcoming this. A black hole isnt anywhere close to "reality"
You’re really riding hard on this flowery writing. Iceman literally say when he’s freezing the brute that he’s freezing space time at a quantum level

Again moot: Espers change normal reality with their own at the quantum level as well

Hell whats even worse is that your evidence is just a claim that she would survive in these places but I'd rather you post her actually doing these things if she actually can. Otherwise it’s just hearsay.
Literally the narration saying this
You could not care all you want. Its there and you just gotta deal with it
Okay, then the following characters get beat by freezing from a Subplanet level mutant
Out of all the things you could say, THIS is honestly fucking hilarious.

You should know damn well by now that Biggatons are not the be all end all of ANYTHING. This is one of the dumbest things ive seen you say in a long ass time my brother.

"b-but muh destroying a planet"

Come the fuck on son.
So nothing. Gotcha

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Iceman is an Omega level mutant, his powers fundamentally override reality. You have an ability that says "lol you can't affect me"? He'll just laugh and freeze you anyway.
Sometimes

Other times he’s strained himself badly just to keep a building from falling with his freezing powers and you have guys like Spider-Man and Venom effortlessly flexing out of his ice

Writers don’t know how powerful they want him to be lol

Sometimes

Other times he’s strained himself badly just to keep a building from falling with his freezing powers and you have guys like Spider-Man and Venom effortlessly flexing out of his ice

Writers don’t know how powerful they want him to be lol

And then you have Touma nearly die to bullets all the time because the author really wants to give Touma a weakness, Accelerator nearly died because he got shot in the head having to use all of his Esper powers to keep one person alive and other examples...

You can say that about fiction in general, my man. Authors will make characters powerful as fuck or haxed but then act like they are suddenly human or weak when they then give them feats that should pass that on through.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Then just go by what's more consistent then? It's the same thing as Spiderman beating Firelord or Black Panther judo flipping the Silver Surfer, I'm like pretty sure we consider them outliers because of how far beyond their normal showings it is.

AFAIK Iceman has been consistently shown to do shit like having planet-wide omniscience by looking through ice, trapping Thor in ice, freezing space-time, etc, etc.

Then just go by what's more consistent then? It's the same thing as Spiderman beating Firelord or Black Panther judo flipping the Silver Surfer, I'm like pretty sure we consider them outliers because of how far beyond their normal showings it is.

AFAIK Iceman has been consistently shown to do shit like having planet-wide omniscience by looking through ice, trapping Thor in ice, freezing space-time, etc, etc.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. People should be looking for consistent feats, not any of this nonsense about "Well Ice-Man failed to hold a building up" because so did SSJ4 Goku late in the DBGT series.
You can point out that Melusine's "maximum" is Mach 2 and I can point out that Servants can move quad digit mach per second and Melusine basically breaks all known laws thus should be like The Flash which is consistent.
Low Ends happen all the time from authors that either forget shit or it has to happen for the sake of the story. Not sure why this matters suddenly so damn much especially when it comes to American Comics where you can sneeze and actually hit the consistency of a hero basically being damn near multiversal or conceptual in nature... look at the ludicrous shit Magneto does and he wasn't even classified as an Omega Level Mutant until recently.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’m acknowledging the most ridiculous Ice-Man feat to date and arguing it’s not enough anyway when it’s the same reality overwriting shit Espers do anyway

LMAO, bruh JJK characters just aren't deep.

Nanami & Higuruma are arguably better written than anyone in Bleach…

One is the typical mentor character that dies to motivate the main hero and otherwise has barely little to his name outside of looking cool and being cool.

The other has barely done jack of shit till he fought Sukuna.

How are any of these characters "better written" than anyone in Bleach? Someone take this man's keyboard away. :jordangif

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Go a few pages back, the arguments he pulls to say that JJK's writing is good, are laughably pathetic, that and Mutsu trying to defend Yuji's sudden powerups.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Imagine trying to say that Gon and Ichigo are absent protagonists when a large part of the story is about them growing and developing. On the other hand, Yuji literally only has one important fight in the Culling Games arc and then disappears for 90 CHAPTERS. And his character never changes past Shibuya.

Back