• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Never seen Cu survive getting his head destroyed. Unless it played out differently than in the movie, even with Battle Continuation, just getting his heart destroyed by True Assassin in Heaven’s Feel took him out
I'm psure that Cu dropping right after Zabaniya was just an anime thing or has to do with some sort of special effect. Cause in UBW he stabs himself in the heart with Gae Bolg and the whole 100 spurs stab through your entire body and was still walking around and able to fight.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
He wouldn't, but getting himself stabbed at the head with Gae Bolg won't destroy his head either.

Wait so the Calamity is not 100%? you can avoid it?! Though it won't matter since Cu's luck prolly will make sure the calimity hits him anyway.
If you literally stand there and accomplish nothing, yeah.

Tablos

Preeminent
How do you quantify fate manipulation?
my question is because there is a BIG gap between harming normal humans and characters like the Hulk ,Goku or Servants.
aWoU only controls the flow of calamity and who is the victim ,nothing more , even for Tooru is a mystery of what happens when his stand triggers.
It definitely ignores human durability since it allows things like rain, leaves, and cigarettes to become lethal projectiles
I know , but doing that to superhuman characters...

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
It definitely ignores human durability since it allows things like rain, leaves, and cigarettes to become lethal projectiles
"ignores the durability of (insert level characters)"

You and I both know that sounds stupid as hell :mjlol

It either does or doesn't.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"this person was only intangible against normal firearms, so clearly hitting him with a nuke would bypass his intangibility"

:maybe

Salfarc

Paramount
I don't follow Jojo so I don't know the detail of Wonder of U. But I was under impression it didn't ignore durability, just multiply the threat and damage of things it manipulate? So as Tablos said.
The problem is using normal humans as benchmark is not that impressive
Instead of making rain ignore durability of a human, it makes rain have far more damaging property that if a human get hit by it, it damages them.

Masterblack06

Cosmically Evolved Entity
Yeah I know what you SAID

and the point is, an attack either ignores the durability of the target, or it does not
My brother in christ
Tablos said he didnt believe it ignored durability
I told him what it did at the very least so he cant say it doesnt ignore durability

I dont know how you got ANYTHING else from my statement

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I don't follow Jojo so I don't know the detail of Wonder of U. But I was under impression it didn't ignore durability, just multiply the threat and damage of things it manipulate? So as Tablos said.

Instead of making rain ignore durability of a human, it makes rain have far more damaging property that if a human get hit by it, it damages them.
How Wonder of U works is that essentially, it manipulates the logic of the world/fate itself to ensure misfortunate events happen to those who "pursue" Tooru.

That's basically the tldr.

The fate of being one shot by some rain or a leaf is just one way the calamity can manifest.

Masterblack06

Cosmically Evolved Entity
"this person was only intangible against normal firearms, so clearly hitting him with a nuke would bypass his intangibility"

:maybe
I mean....Selective intangability is an actual power that multiple people have in fiction where they are able to make themselves intangible to only a certain set of things.

You goober
:heston

Salfarc

Paramount
How Wonder of U works is that essentially, it manipulates the logic of the world/fate itself to ensure misfortunate events happen to those who "pursue" Tooru.

That's basically the tldr.
I get that, I am talking about the one you all talking about ignore durability. I am saying it may not be that, it just increase the damage instead of it ignore durability.

And
As much I don't instantly agree, Masterblack isn't saying a character can ignore durability there rather just saying what it did.

This really is the dumbest argument I have ever seen and it's fucking shameful it's happening here...

Like @Paxton straight up, you basically are acting 100% like an SB-tard on the spot with some of the dumbest arguments I have witnessed.

If the calamity manifests as Cu stabbing himself in the brain won't that just instantly kill him despite Battle Continuation though?

Or it can manifest as him tripping and stabbing himself, etc. Point is, calamity would stop him from making the stance to perform Gae Bolg's thrust.

Cu doesn't need a fucking Stance for Gae Bolg, I don't understand how you say something so monumentally stupid. No Servant requires a "stance" to use an Noble Phantasm's True Name and I can count on one hand the number that explicitly even has to do certain things first and foremost.
Also, we are still pretending that Cu will just be affected by Wonder of U's Calamity despite his Luck? Despite him being able to avoid Gae Bolg Alternative's Thrust from Scathath? Which works exactly the same as Cu's right down to being connected to the Laws of The World?

Here, Rama takes a TNR release Gae Bolg dead on to even Cu's amazement that he's even still standing after that despite 80% of his Heart is gone. Here, Romani ultimately explains how Cu's Gae Bolg Curse works and how ultimately it will continue to destroy the Heart if left unattended(Meaning that obviously, it got updated). Here, Romani outright states it's a Miracle he's even alive and that he should be dead by the time Ritsuka, Mash and Nightingale even reached him but it makes sense as he's the Hero of the Ramayana to perform a Miracle. Here, Romani states completely that Rama basically reversed the State of his Death through sheer willpower which caused an error in the Cause and Effect flow of the World.

I like how this shit gets ignored despite it blatantly being right there...

But nah, we should pretend that Wonder of U is literally Calamity itself(despite no Stand ever being such nor is it true in the series either) and can somehow affect anyone because it's the "Law of The Universe"...

Back