• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Shenron states it in the sub, but unfortunately I can’t provide a screenshot at the moment. I’ll post some time later
49-FF1-A8-C-FC34-4-B19-A784-A8-EA7579-BA5-B.png

C9-EF45-AC-7-C73-4689-B940-65-AAFFBF5200.png

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

"imagine a mach 1 character throwing approx 100 punches per second(it would be higher in reality). speed of light is mach 874,030. Jotaro should be vaporizing everyone in stopped time."

"Imma just point out that if they were moving at lightspeed the entire series, every fight should look like King Crimson's ability or weirder, due to the fact that they'd be moving faster than... well... light. So it'd be moving slower (cause they aren't outright bypassing it via something like hyperspace or a bubble of warped space or a wormhole) than them. Forgetting that the users themselves would turn into pure energy and die of course."

:giogio

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Tbh there’s a lot of things that contradict JoJo being FTL

(Crazy Diamond punching at 300 km/hr+, seconds still being used as a timeframe for the characters, Hayato being able to follow Stray Cat’s air bullets, etc)

But then that’d be getting into “pedantic” territory. The truth is that we’re just biased with the series we like

Tbh there’s a lot of things that contradict JoJo being FTL

(Crazy Diamond punching at 300 km/hr+, seconds still being used as a timeframe for the characters, Hayato being able to follow Stray Cat’s air bullets, etc)

But then that’d be getting into “pedantic” territory. The truth is that we’re just biased with the series we like

Then if that's the case, how doesn't that fall to any other series or JJK for that matter? I know this is you trying to be a contrarian for the sake of it but there's a reason there are standards to this hobby, especially when Josuke explicitly mentions he never measured Crazy Diamond's speed so how the fuck would he know?
Also using seconds as a timeframe? Fucking EVERYONE tends to do that in EVERY franchise, seconds are measured when it comes from Naruto to Fate to even One Punch Man.
And finally, the commentator somehow knows how fast shit is moving despite being nowhere near as fast? Wow, that's like the existence of every fictional franchise like with Bulma, Krillin and Roshi being able to tell God Ki despite not only being able to sense it but can see attacks coming.

Seriously, we have enough proof from the author that Jojo for atleast until after Part 6 is meant to be Lightspeed to Faster Than Light since The Hanged Man and even The Star's existence and Araki explicitly mentioning his further notes that the former is explicitly light itself and Polnareff was able to watch him multiple times.

What next are we going to get? The fact that Made In Heaven isn't faster than a bullet and couldn't catch up to the group instantly and ignore that Bullets was not only useless to Stands(Even The Emperor's best strength isn't that it's faster than a bullet but Hol Horse can fully control the bullet) but useless as fuck to Pucci from close-virtual pointblank range?

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i dont like contrarian opinions when it aint needed, i mean, its good to have opinions and disagree and all, but when it has been proved, dozens of times, with images, quotes and all, it becomes stale and annoying

we aint sb, but somehow, these tier of posts/reasoning somehow, still exists, for shame, lads

"imagine a mach 1 character throwing approx 100 punches per second(it would be higher in reality). speed of light is mach 874,030. Jotaro should be vaporizing everyone in stopped time."

"Imma just point out that if they were moving at lightspeed the entire series, every fight should look like King Crimson's ability or weirder, due to the fact that they'd be moving faster than... well... light. So it'd be moving slower (cause they aren't outright bypassing it via something like hyperspace or a bubble of warped space or a wormhole) than them. Forgetting that the users themselves would turn into pure energy and die of course."

:giogio

You know something? I always have to laugh when people want to suddenly bring in physics as a reason why something can't be real... but they never bring in the physics for something they like as if you can't do that.
They love bringing up "If they can move FTL all the time, why they aren't just destroying everything/being everywhere" and it's like "If Jujutsu Kaisen characters can move Supersonic all the time, then why did you have someone get shot to shit by the US Military in the Culling Games? If characters can move supersonic all the time, then why aren't they like Naoya after he became a Cursed Being? If Yuki can literally turn herself into a Black Hole, then why wasn't Kenjaku instantly dead by Yuki just creating enough mass to have the equivalent of a continent in her fist? Why did she NEED a Black Hole? Hell, shouldn't she be able to cause her entire body to become as dense as one and not JUST her fist, arms or legs?)

Funny how this never pops up... it's even sadder that outside of Overlord fans, I do not see Reddit even using that level of debate as much as SB does.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i dont like contrarian opinions when it aint needed, i mean, its good to have opinions and disagree and all, but when it has been proved, dozens of times, with images, quotes and all, it becomes stale and annoying

we aint sb, but somehow, these tier of posts/reasoning somehow, still exists, for shame, lads
Tell me about it

LeonLex

Paramount
I though the lesson was more about not taking the numbers at face value when even the character in question says that his numbers are made up.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This Edens Zero threads on CV only age worse and worse

Stupid thread with clear winner in mind.

EZ is full of anti feats LMAO large planet crew, the same fodders that are mortally scared of bullets, falling from 10 meters, flying cars explosions and knives. Some rocks injured Elsie, impressive! Wasn't she wanked to be star level? Even a hill sized explosion created by some kamikaze fodder robots was stated to be deadly for everyone LOL

Fuck a bullet killed top tiers.

The only thing you are basing your planetary/star meta is a Ziggy anti-feat performed just once and it wasn't even an attack and took a fuckton of time to break a planet. When now he can't even break a common building with direct serious gravity fists. 1 retconned feat vs 100 anti feats. Not a good number LOL.

^ Coming from High_Pressure, one of CV’s cringiest Naruto dickriders

Don’t tell him how badly his own argument backfires when used against Naruto like Nerdo himself getting impaled by a regular sword or Sauce jobbing to a dinosaur

d8vzawk-5dc52694-767e-479b-b500-be70d93db912.jpg

did-they-nerf-sasuke-is-he-not-lightspeed-anymore-v0-i2rfnulavmy91.jpg

I though the lesson was more about not taking the numbers at face value when even the character in question says that his numbers are made up.

To be fair, context does matter in those cases but this isn't one of them.
It's just that we have people suddenly want to be contrarians and ignore that all franchises have this problem either due to conveniences, not wanting to go into shit like pico and attoseconds(There's a reason why dudes went nuts when Barry Allen Flash states he can see into Attoseconds, it's like the writer doesn't realize how insanely busted that is for fucking Barry to see that far, let alone Wally) or constantly go "Well that motherfucker is x1000 times Faster Than Light".

You are writing a story, not basically making a VS. catalogue.

Toriko was better than a lot of series in that department, but even that series wasn't flawless.
I haven't read the series since it ended, but weren't there a few moments where a blink was used as a time frame and it was the same speed as a normal human blink, even though that would be ridiculously slow for all the characters involved.

Back