• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
But then you are assuming they are different. You are assuming there is no baseline, you are making assumption either way.

It's either they are the same or they are different, it's one way or the other. I too want to assume they are different like you, but as I keep saying I don't want people to think "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias" when I am comparing Danmachi to Fate.

Though I feel more safe to assume they are different, now knowing you guys assume they are different too.

No, I'm saying they are different because they have different feats. Adamantite in Danmachi breaks under attacks that are city or less in intensity. Adamant in Fate has taken planet level attacks without breaking.

For the record they don't even share a name, much less any specific characteristics. The metal in Danmachi is called Adamantite, while the one in Fate is just called Adamant. Because it's named after the Adamas Scythe Chronos weilded, iirc.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can’t we just go by durability feats that whatever metal has demonstrated over what it’s called?

:pepesip

Salfarc

Paramount
No, I'm saying they are different because they have different feats. Adamantite in Danmachi breaks under attacks that are city or less in intensity. Adamant in Fate has taken planet level attacks without breaking.

For the record they don't even share a name, much less any specific characteristics. The metal in Danmachi is called Adamantite, while the one in Fate is just called Adamant. Because it's named after the Adamas Scythe Chronos weilded, iirc.
You are assuming those city have baseline durability across the board that you can gauge to conclude the adamantine is different/weaker.

In the end it's still assumption. Assume they are different or the same.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
You are assuming those city have baseline durability across the board that you can gauge to conclude the adamantine is different/weaker.

What? "City level" is a by word for a certain level of destructive capacity. Riveria nukes a floor of the dungeon larger than the city of Orario, hence she's "city level". People with similar levels of power can shatter Danmachi Adamantite, hence it's durability is below that.

Fate's Adamant constructs have taken hits from things that bore mile wide holes through the planet.

There is literally zero basis for a comparison between the two. They are different materials with different names from different series with different origins and different properties.

This is not a "same unless otherwise noted" scenario like the force of gravity or strength of iron

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
link broken but their alternity page is actually completely fine
there's nothing on here that isn't stated in the original Alternity stories besides them being "masters of the 10th dimension" which is just a minor misinterpretation. They evolved into the 10th dimension but aren't necessarily the controllers of it.

Salfarc, that doesn't work as a baseline for anything. That's like saying Fire Magecraft must be as potent as Fire Materia in Final Fantasy VII because they are both fire.
Your argument is based on a terrible assumption only done so that people in Spacebattles don't think you are wanking Fate? The same Spacebattles that has people literally believe Ryuko's final attack in the final episode is just Building level?! The same SB that genuinely believes any Huntsmen in RWBY can defeat Shirou as long as UBW isn't working(or even then in the case of Pyrrha)? The same SB that genuinely believes Mahoraga and anyone in JJK can defeat Heracles in a fight because they take shit out of context all the time? The same SB that genuinely believes that Atlantis and Olympus is somehow in it's own continuity because they "cannot explain how Dioscuri can be Lightspeed and not destroy the rest of the story"? Simply because they are Lightspeed?

You trying to cater to a cabal of idiots, stop it. Genuinely look at this shit:

Screenshot29.png

Only the most idiotic would believe that this is "Building level" and ignore everything else with this scene just like how people believe that somehow, Danmachi Adamantite should be exactly as strong as FGO Adamas Metals because they come from the same myth...

Bro, if I was to go on a tear for how many mythological metals are in different RPGs and none of them are even remotely on the same level, we would be here for the next decade. Anyone stupid enough to actually believe that should be ridiculed and mocked, not catered to, that's why we are stuck in the extremely stupid VSB age where dudes legit take Outversal and Immeasurable Speed seriously.

What? "City level" is a by word for a certain level of destructive capacity. Riveria nukes a floor of the dungeon larger than the city of Orario, hence she's "city level". People with similar levels of power can shatter Danmachi Adamantite, hence it's durability is below that.

Fate's Adamant constructs have taken hits from things that bore mile wide holes through the planet.

There is literally zero basis for a comparison between the two. They are different materials with different names from different series with different origins and different properties.

This is not a "same unless otherwise noted" scenario like the force of gravity or strength of iron

Craziest shit is that it's confirmed Atlantis is a False Texture to Olympus itself and the only thing we've seen destroy Adamas Material... is Chaos, using the true version of what is later known as Apollo's Authority at that. You can also go with Divine Constructs but considering almost all of them are on the same level...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Can’t we just go by durability feats that whatever metal has demonstrated over what it’s called?

:pepesip
thats how its supposed to be done

whatever the shits called means nothing. A good example of this is Mythril
How many times have we all seen Mythril being used in multiple series with vastly different levels of strength

Tablos

Preeminent
Adamant in Danmachi can be casually cut by house-level characters , Overlord Adamant can be destroyed by bullets ,this metal in Light Novels tends to be shit tier , while in mangas like Fairy Tail it can resist city or mountain busting or above.
So yeah , fictional metal can be shit tier or Captain´s America Shield tier

_____ is overrated guy strikes again. He thinks me and JayK are same person :kobeha
Would it really take a low-tier herald from Dc or Marvel just to solo the HST at this point?

Tablos

Preeminent
Citation needed, afaik adamantite has never interacted with arcane rifles. The only comment we have on it is that it's a rather soft metal for anyone over level thirty.
Death Knights armor has many metal on them , Adamant included , still pulverized by bullets

Randomdude

Preeminent
Death Knights armor has many metal on them , Adamant included , still pulverized by bullets
When is this mentioned? Death knights armor is essentially part of their body summoned into existence when they're created afaik we never get any info on it's hardness/material. AInz summoned armor is explicitly tougher then adamantite but thats entirely separate summoned construct

(To be clear Im not asking to be a dick, I legit don't remember it ever being brought up in overlord)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
When is this mentioned? Death knights armor is essentially part of their body summoned into existence when they're created afaik we never get any info on it's hardness/material. AInz summoned armor is explicitly tougher then adamantite but thats entirely separate summoned construct

(To be clear Im not asking to be a dick, I legit don't remember it ever being brought up in overlord)
Can't Death Knights destroy adamantite anyway? Even if their equipment isn't adamantite i'd assume its > adamantite.

Randomdude

Preeminent
They could definitely kill someone in adamantite but Im not sure if they could destroy it. I think their best feat for metal slicing is cutting through steel platemale with ease.

A big part of beating peoples armor in overlord is not. You don't damage/destroy the amor you kill the person inside it. Theres a reason shalltear was literally burned out of her armor at the end of the fight.

So the real answer is maybe at the moment. Overlord doesn't get into hardness of material from what I know. It kinda just goes. "Mirthirl, orhichalcum, adamantite are stronger then steel in that order. With adamantite being the strongest metal in new world"

Then of course ainz is there with his metals that make it look like trash but thats normal.

Back