• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

definitely not an illusion aizen is grabbing her arm so there's that

Yes, Aizen blocked Soi-Fon's blade and even then, her attack requires her to actually cut the opponent @Cryso Agori
As for Askin, I'm not even sure what Pax is on as per usual, we can't pretend The DeathDealing should work on people WELL above Askin's level of power, especially when they can basically one tap him.
This is especially obvious to people who can be immune to the shit he does.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
if they don't have the feats or narrative backing to resist a particular ability they just can't

that's how this works, no?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We dont give resistances to an ability unless a character has shown it. Otherwise we're giving non existent feats to characters. Where it gets fucked is when arguing the efficacy of the abilities on characters far outside of the users weight class.

DB is a bit of a special case though. Specifically because the verse has shown time and again that as long as your power level is sufficiently high enough you can resist certain hax abilities. This already comes with its own limits too as its directly tied with a characters strength making it pretty straight forward.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Imma be honest I never cared for the "oh well their ki is unga bunga enough so they will just resist it" it sounds like some ass. If Goku stood their and took Cocos poison to the dome he's 100% dropping dead being stronger than him be damned

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
This Askin and Death Dealing shit is also terrible because the nigga is dying before it can even activate and even if it did active he's dying before it can even hurt goku enough to be an issue.

The fuck kinda debate is niggas having where goku is just standing there doing nothing while askin is doing everything

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Fused
Zamasu is Multiverse-level, so he clearly beats a guy who is only Galaxy-level.

In fact, it's literally Fused Zamasu who is invading your verse. He is in your walls right now:

maxresdefault.jpg
Galactus Galaxy level only

:kobeha :kobeha :kobeha :kobeha

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Imma be honest I never cared for the "oh well their ki is unga bunga enough so they will just resist it" it sounds like some ass. If Goku stood their and took Cocos poison to the dome he's 100% dropping dead being stronger than him be damned
I mean that’s just not true

Dragon Ball makes it clear time and time again that enough power > hax

People can hate it, but it’s the truth. Vegeta and Nappa resisted reality warping explicitly because they’re “too strong.” Nappa the low tier Z character. That’s insane

Randomdude

Preeminent

People can hate it, but it’s the truth. Vegeta and Nappa resisted reality warping explicitly because they’re “too strong.” Nappa the low tier Z character. That’s insane
I thought that was more just a limitation of the dragon in general rather then specifically resisting reality warping, where it can't affect people stronger then it's creators unless they allowed it? Its presented more as a flaw with the balls.

Saying that Im pretty sure that stipulation only exist because the dragon balls kinda wrote the series into a corner when the characters had a dragon radar and reached speeds that let them get the balls in a matter of days...

hax in dbz has always been weird, Like the candy ray, it still technically worked on vegito, he could still just fight as a chunk of chocolate.

The series has always kinda had the problem that punching things is the ultimate solution, the series really, really doesn't like presenting problems the protags can't punch through with a power boost/new form.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Steven doesn't agree with that lol.

I thought that was more just a limitation of the dragon in general rather then specifically resisting reality warping, where it can't affect people stronger then it's creators unless they allowed it? Its presented more as a flaw with the balls.

Saying that Im pretty sure that stipulation only exist because the dragon balls kinda wrote the series into a corner when the characters had a dragon radar and reached speeds that let them get the balls in a matter of days...

Saying that hax in dbz has always been weird, Like the candy ray, it still technically worked on vegito, he could still just fight as a chunk of chocolate.
Didn't the candy ray work because it was magic and not ki? Since kin and magic are different in the dbz universe.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Steven doesn't agree with that lol.

Didn't the candy ray work because it was magic and not ki? Since kin and magic are different in the dbz universe.
IDK I only watched the anime and afaik it is never explained in any way why vegito could still fight as a chunk of choclate/how majin buus powers worked (He needed a ton of ki to wake up IIRC). I guess it could be but the weird part is it only partially worked, everyone else became an unmoving chunk of candy, vegito got to keep fighting.

Hell when were the differences between ki and magic properly established/explored? Unless it was back in Dragon ball I literally have no memory of it ever being discussed in dbz. The series kinda just goes, theres magic, theres ki, and there are dinosaurs, this is the world deal with it.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That was always headcanon people made up. Shenron just worded it weirdly

When Krillin asked him to alter 17 and 18’s bodies, he said he couldn’t do that explicitly because they were too powerful to be affected by his magic. It has nothing to do with the creator’s power

Randomdude

Preeminent
That was always headcanon people made up. Shenron just worded it weirdly

When Krillin asked him to alter 17 and 18’s bodies, he said he couldn’t do that explicitly because they were too powerful to be affected by his magic. It has nothing to do with the creator’s power
You say that he then immediately removes the bombs from their bodies with zero issue despite their "power". Heck his wording from the clip I found is simply "It is beyond my power" Without any further explanation.

So he can freely warp things out of there bodies but can't warp them back into humans? Even knowing what we know from later in the series they're mostly remodeled humans?

Last edited:
Back