• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Shirou and Touma beating the normal human allegations challenge
Level: Impossible
Average IRL human level :tupac
As a member of God's Right Seat, and also a Saint, it was a devastating strike released by a monster.

The boy's body hanging on the mace flew off the metal bridge at a cannon-like speed, through the handles, colliding several times with the dark and icy surface of the water several hundred meters away. As it was too fast, the boy's body bounced 2 to 3 times before sinking beside a cruise boat, causing the river water to pop up like a water pillar.

After a while, a huge explosion could be heard.

Without confirming whether his target was dead, Acqua turned his back on Itsuwa.

Finally, he said,

"Just one day."
"Let me explain this for a while, so all ordinary folks should calm down. Now for the specifics: the patient's entire body is covered in bruises from blunt trauma, and he has a slight concussion. He also showed signs of dislocation in his right shoulder and left foot. His insides are also a bit damaged from the impacts."

"…In other words, you just can't determine his condition now, right?"

The huge, black-beetle haired, man carefully chose his words before asking.

The doctor exhaled deeply.

"It should be considered a miracle… the worst case scenario would have been if oxygen were unable to flow into his brain well enough from being underwater for so long… that was really dangerous. Fortunately, there wasn't too much harm from it,"

The young male doctor said as he looked through the digitalized injury report.

"However… even with multiple witnesses, the 'reason' that caused this is still unbelievable. The human body was blown away from the metal bridge several hundred meters, bouncing off the lake a few times and finally sunk into the water… though I can't believe this, but to be caught up in such a serious situation, it's amazing that he would dare to even take a walk outside."

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
average human level
314.jpg

Salfarc

Paramount
Never assume that. Adamantite in Danmachi crumbles under Ais' wind, whose best feats are city level at this point. Adamant in Fate is the stuff Greek Divine Armaments are made out of and can take a planet piercing laser before crumbling.
Honestly its because they are both adamantite, I don't want people to be "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias". Its possible they just share the same name.

If they actually have the same durability, it become nuts as I said above.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Well the issue is adamantite, orichalcum and mithril have all been jacked by fantasy settings new and old. So you wind up with a lot of weirdness where each interprets how "Tough" adamantite is differently/what a metal far stronger then steel actually means.

Like admantite is one of the hardest materials in dnd, overlord took that and decided to add fifty tiers of metal beyond it, and stated only scrubs would use it.

Actually based on ainz pulling out a level thirty five ingot of material that broke the adamantite smelting forges/hammers of the dwarfs I wonder if it's meant to be a level 20 to 25 metal, if it is It makes me wonder if it's a weird reference to dnd and adamantine being one of the hardest material most level twenty parties are liable to be using in some capacity.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Honestly its because they are both adamantite, I don't want people to be "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias". Its possible they just share the same name.

If they actually have the same durability, it become nuts as I said above.

Adamantite isn't a real metal, so there isn't like a baseline for us to assume each verse is using. Same as with Mithril or Orichalcum, it'll vary wildly based on the series its from.

LeonLex

Paramount
JJK bros seething now that they know alien clothes beat their characters up.

Threads like these are so dumb. You can give RL earth all the knowledge they want, but it's not going to help.

This one is funnier. 11 pages full of bullshit. Peeps don't know if OP characters are slow af because of Apoo. And All Might's punch which cleared the weather is apparently comparable to Deku's final attack. (Makes you wonder how tf do these characters get defeated if Deku's hits are comparable to weakened All Might's)
Can we get the Dosu meme here, but with Apoo this time?

Salfarc

Paramount
Adamantite isn't a real metal, so there isn't like a baseline for us to assume each verse is using. Same as with Mithril or Orichalcum, it'll vary wildly based on the series its from.
Yes exactly, this is why I said that I don't want people to think "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias". Because other side can simply claim they are the same and we have no actual way proving otherwise...They don't have way to prove they are the same either but it will just be repeating argument. Hence why I said "assuming they are the same".

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yes exactly, this is why I said that I don't want people to think "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias". Because other side can simply claim they are the same and we have no actual way proving otherwise...They don't have way to prove they are the same either but it will just be repeating argument. Hence why I said "assuming they are the same".

By default, never make this assumption about anything. Not even real metal or minerals, lol. Everything is based off of feats as opposed to assuming a certain baseline. There are series with "titanium based alloys" that can take a nuke to the face.

Salfarc

Paramount
By default, never make this assumption about anything. Not even real metal or minerals, lol. Everything is based off of feats as opposed to assuming a certain baseline. There are series with "titanium based alloys" that can take a nuke to the face.
But then you are assuming they are different. You are assuming there is no baseline, you are making assumption either way.

It's either they are the same or they are different, it's one way or the other. I too want to assume they are different like you, but as I keep saying I don't want people to think "Oh you just don't want to have Fate verse be weak because of bias" when I am comparing Danmachi to Fate.

Though I feel more safe to assume they are different, now knowing you guys assume they are different too.

Back