• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Salfarc

Paramount
"Passionate talk"

I don't know how it's passionate when dude is just shitting on folks and people are just shitting on him back...
By that logic, how GaRbS tend to come over here just to try and shit on everyone and fail miserably must make him a poet.
Passionate talk from you guys not from him...
If you mean Banned Lock, he was a relatively normal user who suddenly lost his shit over minor online ribbing.

He then came back and seemed fine before spontaneously exploding in a truly spectacular fashion, by which I mean he threw a tantrum and then fucked off forever.

He's mostly remembered because of how unremarkable everything leading up to him blowing up was. Like the dude's initial offense was spamming the discord after being told to stop or something, and he got like a minor ban for it. Dude just went off like a rocket after that
Exploding in spectacular fashion? Threw a tantrum? Over an argument or he literally just go blasting like mad man? :diolaugh

Also he seems to target Masterblack specifically, is it because he got the minor ban?

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Passionate talk from you guys not from him...

Exploding in spectacular fashion? Threw a tantrum? Over an argument or he literally just go blasting like mad man? :diolaugh

Also he seems to target Masterblack specifically, is it because he got the minor ban?

I think MB was the one who got him for spamming the discord, but it's been so long I don't really remember the specifics.

Iirc once he carried it back to the forums he started spamming slurs all over the place and just cussing everyone out constantly.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I think MB was the one who got him for spamming the discord, but it's been so long I don't really remember the specifics.

Iirc once he carried it back to the forums he started spamming slurs all over the place and just cussing everyone out constantly.

I just told him to chill out with the spam
he ignored me
and the Musu yeeted his ass into oblivion for not listening
:heston

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

^ Referencing @NostalgiaFan now too. This is some of the funniest cross site beef I’ve seen since the asylum patients on Comicvine came on here

:hestonpls
"ridiculously annoying and derail the topic" pretty rich from the guy who would constantly spam my inbox with images and posts talking about obscure media and get pissy when I did not respond to each and every one of said posts as if I did not have a life of my own. Pretty sad because I was one of the few trying to reach him and get him off his attitude but I see he is the type to hate being told to his face why he is being immature and needs to improve.

“Caseoh just stop it, you're acting like a total Nostalgia Fan, those type of guys are the biggest losers (especially over something mid like Final Fantasy 🤣🤣🤣). Were better than that :)

Salfarc

Paramount
...I meant what you believe is passionate talk is from us...

You need to seriously step away from Spacebattles if you think just talking about someone is being "passionate" about them.
What need to be done is that you need to stop making things up in your head and assume that is actually happening. This is why I said this is your usual antic.

And as I keep saying, you are no different than the SB you mock really.

he's not serious you know
Even Pax got more brain than you. I legit think you are the only one who miss the point Xhom, like you always do.

Sounds like twitter.

Why exactly is he doing all this? What argument causes this? Out of curiousity.
I just told him to chill out with the spam
he ignored me
and the Musu yeeted his ass into oblivion for not listening
:heston
So he is mad at you for no reason then huh since you are not the one who ban him.

Last edited:

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What need to be done is that you need to stop making things up in your head and assume that is actually happening. This is why I said this is your usual antic.

And as I keep saying, you are no different than the SB you mock really.

Even Pax got more brain than you. I legit think you are the only one who miss the point Xhom, like you always do.

Sounds like twitter.

Why exactly is he doing all this? What argument causes this? Out of curiousity.

So he is mad at you for no reason then huh since you are not the one who ban him.

He got booted from the discord for spamming (though it was originally a temp ban to get him to stop spamming) and then he decided we'd declared a blood feud or something and just starting attacking everyone.

I don't even think there was a vs match that set him off, he just couldn't handle someone telling him no

Salfarc

Paramount
He got booted from the discord for spamming (though it was originally a temp ban to get him to stop spamming) and then he decided we'd declared a blood feud or something and just starting attacking everyone.

I don't even think there was a vs match that set him off, he just couldn't handle someone telling him no
yeah, twitter behaviour.

Randomdude

Preeminent
You Know I saw something recently and it made me wonder...Why don't the characters in bg3 just kill eachother, remove and destroy the tadpoles in the corpses then bring each other back? I guess scrolls of rivivfy wouldn't cover it but gale is luggin around a true resurrection scroll and withers brings you back with some powerful magic.

Im honestly curious, done two playthroughs and I don't remember this idea ever being discussed/mentioned why it's not feasible.

You Know I saw something recently and it made me wonder...Why don't the characters in bg3 just kill eachother, remove and destroy the tadpoles in the corpses then bring each other back? I guess scrolls of rivivfy wouldn't cover it but gale is luggin around a true resurrection scroll and withers brings you back with some powerful magic.

Im honestly curious, done two playthroughs and I don't remember this idea ever being discussed/mentioned why it's not feasible.
The idea of killing and resurrecting characters to remove the tadpoles in Baldur's Gate 3 isn't feasible for a few reasons. The tadpoles are highly resilient and deeply integrated into the brain. Killing the host might not necessarily kill the tadpole, and it could trigger an immediate transformation into a mind flayer, making removal even riskier.

The characters don't fully understand the tadpoles' behavior or the exact process needed to safely remove them. Attempting removal without proper knowledge could lead to catastrophic results. There's a significant risk that tampering with the tadpoles could accelerate their transformation process, leading to immediate transformation upon the host's death.

Spells like Revivify have strict time limits and require the body to be relatively intact, which might not be possible in this scenario. Even though Gale has a True Resurrection scroll, it's rare and likely reserved for dire situations.

Randomdude

Preeminent
I feel like the tadpole in gales skull is a rather dire situation.

I know it's up to you but you tamper with the tadpole in your still living bodies several times on the way to baldurs gate. From letting volo stick an ice pick in your eye, to the githyanki doctor, to ethel attempting to yank it out with magic, to the goblin shaman drugging you and trying to kill you, and the shaman in the druid camp offering a solution in the form of poison (I guess you could argue this doesn't count but you went to her with the expectation she'd mess with it), to auluem offering to send you on a drug trip to play with your tadpole. Your party is in no way hesitant to let people mess with your tadpole in the hopes of having it removed and I can't think of any mention of post death ceremorphisis.

I know withers is kinda a game mechanic to let you bring back your party but he is there according to the lore, and I doubt his magic is just rivivfy. So it seems like you should realistically be able to kill a party member, remove the tadpole (as they leap out of peoples corpses/eyes right away for every other true soul but your companions for some reason, see the dwarf true soul on the side of the road that begs you to lead his flock after the owl bear attack for example) Or crush the skull and just bring them back.

IN the end Im not saying this is a huge deal, it's just something I saw mentioned and it made me curious if there's any explanation in the game beyond them just sorta...not acknowledging it. Your party seems willing to try near anything under the sun but death and resurrection is never even treated as a theoretical solution afaik.

Last edited:

Salfarc

Paramount

Yeah like Papa Nier said, the tadpole is pretty much "permanently" stuck in their brain. There are multiple ways in BG3 that was stated to be able to separate the tadpoles with mortal's brains but the tadpoles in the playable group's brain are special. They are protected. Even killing and revived won't separate them.

I know it's up to you but you tamper with the tadpole in your still living bodies several times on the way to baldurs gate. From letting volo stick an ice pick in your eye, to the githyanki doctor, to ethel attempting to yank it out with magic, to the goblin shaman drugging you and trying to kill you, and the shaman in the druid camp offering a solution in the form of poison (I guess you could argue this doesn't count but you went to her with the expectation she'd mess with it), to auluem offering to send you on a drug trip to play with your tadpole. Your party is in no way hesitant to let people mess with your tadpole in the hopes of having it removed and I can't think of any mention of post death ceremorphisis.

And it seems like you know this, but yes all of this doesn't work. None works. Killing themselves and then reviving won't work either. That and scroll of revivy may actually just be gameplay mechanic and not canonically exist.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You accomplished the opposite. Ima have to start assisting Astaro in debunking your headassery
:kermit
Only thing I’m going to say is Touma’s fighting skills are seriously downplayed.

Kihara Enshuu, despite already being good enough to fight martial artists, ninjas, and even Dark Matter-enhanced superhumans on her own, actually received a significant boost from switching her thought patterns and fighting techniques to those of Touma’s.

Enough that she left a Dark Matter-enhanced Byouri a bloody mess afterwards. It’s clear Touma holds back from ever seriously hurting people due to his morals which skilled fighters like Tsuchimikado have exploited

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
Yeah like Papa Nier said, the tadpole is pretty much "permanently" stuck in their brain. There are multiple ways in BG3 that was stated to be able to separate the tadpoles with mortal's brains but the tadpoles in the playable group's brain are special. They are protected. Even killing and revived won't separate them.

And it seems like you know this, but yes all of this doesn't work. None works. Killing themselves and then reviving won't work either. That and scroll of revivy may actually just be gameplay mechanic and not canonically exist.
Scrolls of rivivfy yes but the scroll of true resurrection is canonically something gale has on hand and withers is also a figure that is part of the overarching story.

Are our tadpoles more special then others? I was under the impression ours were the same as every other true soul. I ask cause other true souls can have there brain worms ripped out immediately after death (The first true soul has theirs crawl out of their body near immediately after he dies, and you can choose to destroy it or consume it). The party is the only group whom seem bound to their worms even in death and it's a canonical way to stop cerimorphsis is to destroy the head/brain and then revive the corpse using higher tier resurrection. Which true resurrection and withers definitely count as.

I brought up people messing with you tadpole because papa neir brought up our companions worrying about playing with them causing early onset ceremorphsis, something they never seem concerned with when everyone else plays with the tadpole. More as mentioned no other true soul ever undergoes such a process even when the worm is destroyed or removed so it'd be a weird fear to have.

The game never says death and revival wouldn't work assuming that tadpole is destroyed, in fact with what we're presented it seems like it should. Immediately after death most parasite seem to flee the body. And even failing that the tadpoles can be destroyed after death (You can choose to do so upon finding your first tadpole, they're not mystically indestructible, nor do they seem soul bound to the people they're inserted into). It's just never brought up at any point in the story as a possible way to free yourself.

Like it's not the biggest deal but it's weird its never once even mentioned in the story at all when your group is willing to let a bard stick an ice pick through your eye in the vain hope it might work. They have at least one scroll of true resurrection on hand and a former god of death willing to pull them back from other planes (Theres even some special dialogue about them being on the other planes/mentioning they're unpleasant).

The tadpoles can be and are removed from other characters post death, either to be consumed or destroyed. Theres nothing, I know of that suggest destroying the tadpole and reviving someone after would bring back the tadpole beyond the fact your simply not allowed to try and the story never mentions it.

Last edited:
Back