• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Maddie

Acclaimed
I feel so bad for this man
Why?

Going by the video he started the fight by attacking Jason, and unlike Jason he's literally irredeemable with zero positive traits. Jason loves kids and is a protector of virginity. He also allows people a fair fight as seen in Takes Manhattan. He is a gentleman, a true Chad and lad. Michael is an edgy schitzo who murders indiscriminately.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Why?

Going by the video he started the fight by attacking Jason, and unlike Jason he's literally irredeemable with zero positive traits. Jason loves kids and is a protector of virginity. He also allows people a fair fight as seen in Takes Manhattan. He is a gentleman, a true Chad and lad. Michael is an edgy schitzo who murders indiscriminately.
True

OrlandoSky

Paramount
The only alts Freddy has left from what I’m seeing are
-Doctor Destiny (DC)
-Pinhead (Hellraiser)
-The Tall Man (Phantasm)
-Carnage (Marvel)

Sigismund

1. BOB vs Pennywise still a better matchup
2. Shouldnt Pennywise absolutely stomp? Like doesn't this include Dark Tower shit going on?

They explained it in the blog
It is also noted this is Compoiste Freddy, gaining the Necronomicon from Evil Dead.

Tldr is Freddy can exploit the ever loving shit out of Pennywise's weaknesses while the opposite end Pennywise's only real wincon is the Deadlights, which Freddy has the means to escape back to Hell/DreamWorld/Realworld and even if Pennywise attempted to attack the Keystone world, Freddy can intercept that thanks to New Nightmare.

Also doesn't help Pennywise dies when it's Avatar dies, while Freddy always comes back, even from Soul Destruction

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Should be worth noting Freddy's weaknesses are weird and inconsistent throughout the nightmare franchise. Nancy defeats him the first movie by just kind've ignoring him and one of the sequels he's destroyed by seeing his own reflection. :dank

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
bob vs pennywise is insanely better in every way theres just like almost no overlap in twin peaks fans and VS debate fans
Tbf it’s not a vs debating thing, most normies who know nothing of the hobby have never heard of twin peaks

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Im in the official Death Battle server with the researchers along with various vs servers and not a single mentioning of Twin Peaks
as i said earlier it has next to 0 overlap with the VS community

p easy to find fans elsewhere though, it's allllll over twitter for example. Just not from a powerscaling standpoint

Maddie

Acclaimed
It is also noted this is Compoiste Freddy, gaining the Necronomicon from Evil Dead.

Tldr is Freddy can exploit the ever loving shit out of Pennywise's weaknesses while the opposite end Pennywise's only real wincon is the Deadlights, which Freddy has the means to escape back to Hell/DreamWorld/Realworld and even if Pennywise attempted to attack the Keystone world, Freddy can intercept that thanks to New Nightmare.

Also doesn't help Pennywise dies when it's Avatar dies, while Freddy always comes back, even from Soul Destruction
Is this just Pennywise from IT, like the clown and spider and all and ocne that's gone the fight's over?

Or is this the actual cosmic entity seen in Dark Tower?

The latter literally wouldn't notice Freddy. Freddy's dimension would be a bacterial colony to IT on that scope. Which is why BOB is a better matchup, he similarly exists on a higher plane of existence.

as i said earlier it has next to 0 overlap with the VS community

p easy to find fans elsewhere though, it's allllll over twitter for example. Just not from a powerscaling standpoint

If the matchup was actually shown to the DB research team, what would they think?

DB wants to do more original and unpredictable matchups. This is one.

Back