• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Sigismund

Is this just Pennywise from IT, like the clown and spider and all and ocne that's gone the fight's over?

Or is this the actual cosmic entity seen in Dark Tower?

The latter literally wouldn't notice Freddy. Freddy's dimension would be a bacterial colony to IT on that scope. Which is why BOB is a better matchup, he similarly exists on a higher plane of existence.
"Given the incredible power of It’s true form and the specific ways in which it exploits some of Freddy’s weaknesses, I believe It devouring Freddy could be a very reliable win condition for Pennywise. However, this is not without its flaws. When someone is pulled into the Macroverse, they are not immediately in the full presence of It. It needs time to pull the victim towards itself to consume them. This has allowed Bill Denbrough to survive two separate Macroverse encounters with It by combating the true form and then escaping. Given Freddy’s own psychic abilities, ability to open portals, and the versatility of the Necronomicon, Freddy could fight back and then escape before being driven mad. "

"But Freddy has one particular win condition himself, and ultimately, it ends up being this clown’s curtain call. It’s true form will die if its avatar is destroyed. This means that if Pennywise is killed by Freddy, the fight is over. Unfortunately for Pennywise, Freddy killing him is a lot more likely than him killing Freddy. The Losers Club were able to kill it by psychically damaging the Deadlights in the Ritual of Chud before ripping out the avatar’s heart and crushing it. Freddy’s psychic prowess, enormous self-confidence, and experience with manipulating the paranormal give him the tools he needs to properly weaken Pennywise in a manner similar to the Ritual of Chud. Then, all that is left is for Freddy to kill the weakened clown with his far superior stats and abilities. "

"So Freddy’s a better fighter than Pennywise is, has better reality warping, he’s faster, and he’s tougher. Does Pennywise really have anything here? Usually on whatever debating forum you look at, the arguments for Pennywise winning essentially boil down to “he has an omniversal true form who godstomps Freddy.” Yeah, I don’t really put much stock in that. With how It works, Pennywise’s true form is not going to get involved in the fight - the true Deadlights are locked in the Macroverse, the true form isn’t a transformation Pennywise can take or something. Plus, the true form is linked to the avatar, and if the avatar’s destroyed, the true form is destroyed as well. It’s not like Freddy’s going to kill the avatar, and then the true form’s going to pop out and beat him up. That’s not how it works."

"One of Pennywise’s main wincons that originally had me set on him winning were The Deadlights, simply gazing into them sends you into the Macroverse where Pennywise gains a huge advantage over Freddy, however while this could possibly lead him to victory, there are multiple ways Freddy can use this to his advantage. First off, seeing as the Macroverse has many souls of past victims and Freddy is capable of absorbing souls to power himself up, it’s likely that Freddy can use this to his advantage by powering himself up. This also somewhat leads into my next point, as Freddy is also capable of teleporting back into the Real World or Dream World, which would definitely help him along with the fact that his mental defense would stop him from immediately going insane, hell it could stop him from going insane in general. Lastly, the Deadlights themselves can be weakened, so the effectiveness of the Deadlights in general could possibly be tampered with by Freddy in order to completely fuck over any chance Pennywise has."

It's talking about the Cosmic entity, and Composite Freddy is Cosmic level thanks to the Evil Dead comics and the verdict was 4-0

Comics buff Freddy *hard*

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Freddy vs Pennywise has massive clout is Jason vs Michael does well ya know damn well Freddy vs Pennywise is next

Also Gohan may actually have a chance not fighting Superboy or Invincible lol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Freddy vs Pennywise has massive clout is Jason vs Michael does well ya know damn well Freddy vs Pennywise is next

Also Gohan may actually have a chance not fighting Superboy or Invincible lol
You started pushing Gohan vs Ultraman Zero hard in the official DB discord, didn't you? :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah
Tho tbf it can still happen if they researcher feel he's the best pick for views
TBF, he still might be. With DB still on-going, there's always a decent chance he pops up again and is somewhat relevant, whereas Sakuya's other 'big MU' outside of capeshit, is Homura, who I can't even remember the last time was relevant at all with normies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Ash vs Yugi is heavily popular in the server
Folks want Bayonetta to come back
Either against I-No, Morrigan or rematch with Dante

Cole vs Alex,Micky vs Bugs and Mordecai and Rigby are suggestions for the champions poll

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Wonder what six pokemon Ash would get. I’m assuming his six strongest but how do you even determine that objectively outside of Pikachu and Charizard?

Maddie

Acclaimed
Yugi would probably be summoning
-Kuriboh
-Dark Magician
-Black Luster Soldier
-Exodia the Forbidden One
-Slifer the Sky Dragon

Who else?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yugi would probably be summoning
-Kuriboh
-Dark Magician
-Black Luster Soldier
-Exodia the Forbidden One
-Slifer the Sky Dragon

Who else?
Dark Paladin
Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Dark Magician Girl
Gandora the Dragon of Destruction
Eye of Timaeus

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I know it’s a stomp either way for Yugi but I never had a chance to get into Yu-Gi-Oh
Should I go with the anime or just jump straight through the manga. Idk how faithful the former is to the latter.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I know it’s a stomp either way for Yugi but I never had a chance to get into Yu-Gi-Oh
Should I go with the anime or just jump straight through the manga. Idk how faithful the former is to the latter.
As someone who watched the anime as a kid, but has only recently started to read through the manga, I don't think it really matters but I would advise going through the manga first and then watch the anime.

Not only does the manga give you more insight into each of the characters, making them even more likable than their anime counterparts, but the anime elected to skip passed the first 58 chapters of the manga. This is because the manga was originally much darker than the anime and was focused on games in general with the idea of Yugi punishing bad people by putting them through shadow games and hitting them with often fucked up penalties.

Basically you miss several key events if you start with the anime or when they are shown (such as episode 1's duel with Kaiba, which is actually adapted from their second duel in the manga) they don't have all the build up and gravitas that went into them originally.

Of course I still heavily recommend the anime after you finish the manga, because the other Yugioh series (GX, 5D, ZEXAL etc.) all follow after the ANIME as opposed to the manga. Never mind the fact the anime is still great in it's own right, with its two filler arcs ranging from pretty good (virtual world arc) to one of the best arcs in the entire franchise (waking the dragons).

Back