• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Isn't there some insane cosmic shit in the books that would give Sauron the edge here? 🤔 It has been a while since I've messed with anything Warcraft-related but iirc Arthas tops out at island/country level

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
Isn't there some insane cosmic shit in the books that would give Sauron the edge here? 🤔 It has been a while since I've messed with anything Warcraft-related but iirc Arthas tops out at island/country level
Yea he should be above Mal'Ganis, Illidan and Syalvanas since he whooped there asses though idk what WoW did with him but he made a Bridge from an island to the continent for the Scourge to walk on outta his ice magic so could be higher depending on the size of the water

I think it might be continental. Deathwing's awakening also caused the flooding of Thousand Needles and the destruction of the Barrens.

Does the Lich King scale to Archimonde, who was stated of destroying the Draenor planet?

Also not sure if the Tabletop RPG is canon.
SoL.png

Last edited:

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I think it might be continental. Deathwing's awakening also caused the flooding of Thousand Needles and the destruction of the Barrens.

Does the Lich King scale to Archimonde, who was stated of destroying the Draenor planet?

Also not sure if the Tabletop RPG is canon.
SoL.png
Nah the table tops aren't canon sadly

Great Potato

Preeminent
The fight left a bit to be desired from me. I think it was creative to play it like a slasher film and have both Jason and Mike pursuing the same victim and play with the anticipation towards that kill, but considering these are two guys famed for being "unkillable" I would have liked to see them brutalize each-other a bit more before the kill. Felt like it was on a slow crawl then had a very abrupt ending.

Found a fan film that did pretty good depiction on how a live-action Jason vs Michael fight could have played out.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
The fight left a bit to be desired from me. I think it was creative to play it like a slasher film and have both Jason and Mike pursuing the same victim and play with the anticipation towards that kill, but considering these are two guys famed for being "unkillable" I would have liked to see them brutalize each-other a bit more before the kill. Felt like it was on a slow crawl then had a very abrupt ending.

Found a fan film that did pretty good depiction on how a live-action Jason vs Michael fight could have played out.

Well The animator had to deal with IRL issues as well as a Hurricane fucking up his house and leaving him without power for two weeks
Okay, here we go. In no particular order: From today's Fireside Chat

First one they went over is Colex. Ben literally asked how many people there actually played either game. Ben actually doesn't know if this match-up is cool and needs people to sell the fight. He called the match-up a meme lol.
RE: Meta-Knight vs Zero: Seems ok, with it, but Ben said both had "other options". Would like to do it in sprites.
RE: Wolverine vs Bigby Wolf: They're not familiar with Wolf. It seems "fun"
RE: Baki vs Ohma: "Super interesting"-Ben
Re: Luigi vs Pac-Man: They love the idea
Re: Azula vs Cycolonis: They never head of Cycolonis. They would like to bring in Azula. Chat recommended Cinder vs Azula instead.
Re: Sans vs Judge: "Incredibly niche". Most of the chat never played OFF per chat poll.
Re: Robotboy vs Jenny: Ben is not familiar with either character. Chat loves the idea.
Re: Team Rocket vs Pilaf Gang: They are all fans of the match-up. They would like to do it, with proper resources and time. Ben asked the chat how format the fight should be (3D vs Sprites). Sprites won.
Re: Ash vs Yugi: A match-up they will do eventually, but will require a lot of resources.
Re: Bugs vs Mickey: They like it....yup.
Re: Finn and Jake vs Modercai and Rigby: They are fans of the match-up. Duo match-ups are long overdue.
Re: Dimitri vs Guts/Kratos vs Asura: They are interested in doing them.
Re: Slappy vs Chucky: Seems to be a good one. Alt: Chucky vs Leprechaun
Re: Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut: Ben said this is going to be the next Archie rep MU
Re: Bill vs Discord: On top of their list. Nothing more.
Re: Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown: Ben indicated that they missed the boat with this one and said Travis has better opponents now.
Re: Doctor Manhattan vs Richard Nixon: They were baffled by the idea, but they will definitely look into it.
Re: Walter White vs Light: They acknowledged the match-up popularity and now Ben sees the fight everywhere.
Re: Simon vs Kyle: They liked the fight....
Re: Luz vs Anne: It's an awesome fight. The "modern Steven vs Star". They do want to bring in Owl House.
Re: Goku vs Goku: Fun
Re: Han Solo vs Captain Kirk: Cool, overdue MU.
They asked the chat if they want to see Genshin. Mixed response. Mostly no.
Re: Ori vs The Knight: "Pretty neat idea"
Re: Raiden vs MechaGodzilla: "What???" Ben prefers Hulk vs Godzila (if i heard correctly)

"Even your match-up doesn't win, don't be surprised if you see these match-ups one day"

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Copy n paste some guys thoughts on Invincible vs Gohan

"See I get that, but I don't think it'd work for Gohan vs. Mark just because it'd feel insanely spiteful and sad
I don't wanna see Mark get utterly brutalized by Multiversal Beast Gohan
its like feeding a toddler to a pack of wolves
it's a Dragon Ball matchup meaning we'd have to see Gohan progress in power as it goes on and I do not think DB would be able to pull off Mark pushing Gohan to Ultimate, let alone Beast feel realistic

and there's also 0 chance they don't use Beast
Gohan vs. Mark has amazing thematic connections but its just too much of a stomp for me to consider, and its not like OmniLander where it being a stomp is kinda the point

A Dragon Ball fight in DB is usually full of crazy scale, huge speed, and power-ups
I don't see how Mark could push Gohan to do any of that while keeping it realistic to the actual Debate

Last edited:

OrlandoSky

Paramount
So are all these match-ups that the chat is voting for and they’ll do it based on popular vote or is it that everyone in chat is throwing darts at the board and the cast just decides which one they’ll do next season?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
So are all these match-ups that the chat is voting for and they’ll do it based on popular vote or is it that everyone in chat is throwing darts at the board and the cast just decides which one they’ll do next season?
Mostly one they'll think about in the future

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I haven’t been keeping up with his current team but would Dragonite or Gengar be contenders for strongest pokemon?

there’s also Infernape (whose blaze is like an SSJ power-up) and Sceptile one of the few of Ash’s pokemon that holds his own and has defeated a legendary 1v1
Dragonite, Sceptile, Gengar, Sir Fetched are all about the same tier.

Infernape is below that tbh

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Any LOTR Stan’s know if Sauron scales from Ancalagon the black?

Sauron’s considered by a lot to be the most powerful right after Morgoth but Ancalagon and his swarm of dragons were Morgoth’s big trump card in the Silmarillion.

Any LOTR Stan’s know if Sauron scales from Ancalagon the black?

Sauron’s considered by a lot to be the most powerful right after Morgoth but Ancalagon and his swarm of dragons were Morgoth’s big trump card in the Silmarillion.
"It has been said that dragon-fire could melt and consume the Rings of Power, but there is not now any dragon left on earth in which the old fire is hot enough; nor was there ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."

Back