• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
@TrueG 37 get ur ass over here they doing Deku vs Asta
70mgrb.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Why they did Asta vs Deku
1) Most thematic of Deku's options. People asked for it as a popular alt during the time we were discussing S9 matchups. We did it because people asked. Despite what people say, it was asked for. People were bemoaning Gon as an inevitability and most didn't seem to actually want it. Well I stand corrected apparently.

2) Matchups are decided way way WAY in advance. We knew MHA was nearing its final arc but wasn't sure how long it was going to take. It could have been a 4th Great Ninja War situation for all we knew where it wasn't going to conclude until 2025 at the earliest. (Still unsure if there was even going to be a post-series timeskip or not). No sense in waiting around. Hindsight is 20/20 but it's fine. Cool fight regardless.

3) BC being in its final arc was announced fairly recently. Again, we're not psychics. Certainly not while we were making it.

4) The "most" requested isn't what always happens. SpongeBob VS Super Friends Aquaman shoulda made that clear.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Deku’s going to get destroyed

This seems like an odd matchup to me though. If just for the fact that Asta’s whole schtick, anti-magic, won’t be a factor at all. Not that he needs it here

OrlandoSky

Paramount
The "most" requested isn't what always happens. SpongeBob VS Super Friends Aquaman shoulda made that clear.
Let's be real they only did this one because Liam wanted a Spongebob episode and he’s proved himself enough to make requests like this.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Should have pitted Asta against Natsu or even Ichigo so that his Anti-Magic comes into play.

Deku matchup sucks for this reason

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Should have pitted Asta against Natsu or even Ichigo so that his Anti-Magic comes into play.

Deku matchup sucks for this reason
Ichigo makes zero sense Bleach doesn't do magic
Let's be real they only did this one because Liam wanted a Spongebob episode and he’s proved himself enough to make requests like this.
True though it does help that SpongeBob MU sucked so it kinda made it easy to do

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ichigo makes zero sense Bleach doesn't do magic

True though it does help that SpongeBob MU sucked so it kinda made it easy to do
Kido which Ichigo admittedly doesn’t use specifically

Plus the general spiritual nature of the series can easily be equated to magic which in Black Clover is related to the soul

Guess Death Battle was going for themes rather than match-up. Both MHA and BC are considered the successors of previous mainstream Shounen

MHA is new age Naruto and even began in the same year Naruto (mostly) ended with fans quickly picking up on the similairities between the two

Black Clover started not long after and many consider it a neat combination of Naruto and Bleach

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Kido which Ichigo admittedly doesn’t use specifically

Plus the general spiritual nature of the series can easily be equated to magic which in Black Clover is related to the soul
eh like i said Doesn't work given as said Bleach doesn't work with Magic

and ichigo if he ever came back would face yusuke if they feel
Guess Death Battle was going for themes rather than match-up. Both MHA and BC are considered the successors of previous mainstream Shounen

MHA is new age Naruto and even began in the same year Naruto (mostly) ended with fans quickly picking up on the similairities between the two

Black Clover started not long after and many consider it a neat combination of Naruto and Bleach
pretty much why there doing they explain

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
eh like i said Doesn't work given as said Bleach doesn't work with Magic

and ichigo if he ever came back would face yusuke if they feel

pretty much why there doing they explain
Kido is literally magic in every way without calling it magic. And spiritual attacks would fall under what Asta’s Anti-Magic negates (got to find the scan that relates the soul to magic in the series)

I’m down for Yusuke giving his poor man’s knock-off another ass whooping

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Or Nier since he also uses a Grimoire to cast spells.
It’s a perfect match-up actually. Especially since Asta’s grimoire is actually sentient since Liebe was sealed in it. Could see Liebe and Grimoire Wiess roasting each other back and fourth throughout the fight

Any representation of the Nier franchise on Death Battle will probably be 2B though sadly.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Fun fact, both the author of Black Clover Yuki Tabata and Yoko Taro cite Berserk as the inspiration for their works too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Could happen. Especially once the Nier Automata anime drops and exposes a wider audiences than just gamers to the franchise

Back