• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I’m pretty sure he’d also make sure whoever else he wants caught in it is to before allowing himself to be put into Infinite Tsukuyomi as well.
Why would he assume Vader would be able to resist the IT? I don’t think he’s be in a position to check when he’s under if he’s already under the pretense that IT is an inescapable global illusion.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why would he assume Vader would be able to resist the IT? I don’t think he’s be in a position to check when he’s under if he’s already under the pretense that IT is an inescapable global illusion.
Because his other goal is to ensure the rest of the world is also under the Infinite Tsukuyomi to bring an end to all conflict permanently

Presumably, it’d play out like with Madara who remained unaffected after casting it due to his Rinnegan

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Because his other goal is to ensure the rest of the world is also under the Infinite Tsukuyomi to bring an end to all conflict permanently

Presumably, it’d play out like with Madara who remained unaffected after casting it due to his Rinnegan
Madara didn't want to sleep, Obito did. Everything he did was so he can live in his own dream world, Madara just wanted to end conflict.
Plus motives like this are irrelevant in a Vs battle
They aren't though. It doesn't alter his want for victory or change the outcome that someone would die in this, motives only affect a vs battle if it's a pacifist like Vash or the Silver Surfer being put in a bloodlusted match with someone else.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Madara didn't want to sleep, Obito did. Everything he did was so he can live in his own dream world, Madara just wanted to end conflict.

They aren't though. It doesn't alter his want for victory or change the outcome that someone would die in this, motives only affect a vs battle if it's a pacifist like Vash or the Silver Surfer being put in a bloodlusted match with someone else.
Yes but nothing says Obito wouldn’t make sure it worked either. He can fall any time he wants by shutting off his Rinnegan so why not?

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Yes but nothing says Obito wouldn’t make sure it worked either. He can fall any time he wants by shutting off his Rinnegan so why not?
Because he's been working 2 decades to put his plan into motion he was so anxious to put into motion the juubi was incomplete, Madara even pointed out he was in a rush and he has no reason to think Vader would resist it since nobody else in the narutoverse could so there is no reason nor would he even feel the need to stick around and make sure that everyone is tucked in/

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Raven recently fought an unbound spectre
I know about Spectre. He holds the same "right hand of god" position for the presence as the Living Tribunal does with TOAA pmuch.

That's cool and all.

But Beyonders >>> Living Tribunal. And to see how Phoenix of the Crown Jean compares to The Beyonders...

main-qimg-25ef55abe75e9a5246b39fe58baa5594-lq

main-qimg-56d771378eb52bdef722b5d0b4adae50

Yeah.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Because he's been working 2 decades to put his plan into motion he was so anxious to put into motion the juubi was incomplete, Madara even pointed out he was in a rush and he has no reason to think Vader would resist it since nobody else in the narutoverse could so there is no reason nor would he even feel the need to stick around and make sure that everyone is tucked in/
Rushing to end the war and conflict specifically, once he’s cast IT he no longer needs to rush things.

Way I see it based on Madara, it won’t be until some time after he’s cast it to make sure it worked. We can repeat this ad nauseum because we never actually saw Obito use it and how he would go about doing so.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Rushing to end the war and conflict specifically, once he’s cast IT he no longer needs to rush things.

Way I see it based on Madara, it won’t be until some time after he’s cast it to make sure it worked. We can repeat this ad nauseum because we never actually saw Obito use it and how he would go about doing so.
Yeah, this just seems like an agree to disagree scenario.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I know about Spectre. He holds the same "right hand of god" position for the presence as the Living Tribunal does with TOAA pmuch.

That's cool and all.

But Beyonders >>> Living Tribunal. And to see how Phoenix of the Crown Jean compares to The Beyonders...

main-qimg-25ef55abe75e9a5246b39fe58baa5594-lq

main-qimg-56d771378eb52bdef722b5d0b4adae50

Yeah.
Admittedly, unbound spectre =/= bound spectre. Unbound is more comprabale to beings like Lucifer or Michael IIRC.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I think Jean will win. The way the analysis will go is one of 2 ways imo
1) General scale comparison, where I believe Phoenix scales higher on the food chain and the White Hot Room so Jean would win
or
2) They do what they did with SW/Zatanna and to a lesser extent, Wally/Sonic where both characters infinite stats will cancel each other out so it will just come down to who is more resourceful and has more experience which means the Phoenix would win since it existed since the dawn of time as a cosmic abstract being that's had many hosts and conflicts.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Admittedly, unbound spectre =/= bound spectre. Unbound is more comparabale to beings like Lucifer or Michael IIRC.
Worth mentioning that the same Beyonder who sees himself as fodder to the Phoenix Force later in the same story (Defenders Beyond) broke through the walls of the House of Ideas to free himself from the Marvel Multiverse
main-qimg-70732d62b3948ab8dbd48224d878e537

Though out of curiosity I would like to see the context for this Raven vs Unbound Spectre fight to see how legit or not scaling her to him would really be.

Last edited:

OrlandoSky

Paramount
For context: Did the Beyonder get retconned back into his pre-retcon power set/origin or is he still a weird cosmic cube baby?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Väder vs obito had nice animations. Even tho I felt giving obito things he never used to his arsenal was a stretch to make him win, regardless, the animation was great.
Choreography was good to. Devilartemis and that other guy was really good.

My bet is on Jean. Raven had her win already so my money on jean

Back