• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Actually Makima was faster
She was at Mach 486, Gojo was at Mach 284
she was faster until recently
"Well Kashimo's feat happened right after we finally recorded
and that was the most annoying shit ever LOL"

"it's just unfortunate it happened after we recorded and made a big deal of Makima being faster
which was the case
until a couple weeks ago"

so yeah she was faster until the latest speed feat which makes it in favor of gojo

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Like all things it’s all about the scale of shown usage. For example the reincarnation of the Control Devil, Nayuta, could make Asa Misaka/Yoru think think they they were a dog, and then erase their memories of the entire day. It can also do more subtle manipulations like changing a demon’s sense of taste so humans taste like shit to it.

That’s definitely >>>>>> Hanami’s Minor Will Manip that not just Gojo but multiple other JJK characters resisted iirc.
Thatrs not nearly the same as having your brain flooded all at once with the information required to keep living.
So while yeah, it shouldn’t be treated as able to bypass any Mind Hax resistance I really do not feel Gojo’s minor mind hax resistance would cut it in the slightest.
I dont think so, the applications are just a bit different here so i dont think just slapping on a blanket mind hax resistance is applicable.
Iirc someone brought up earlier in the thread that sufficiently fast characters should just be able to process the information normally as it’s not really “infinite” just six months worth of information repeated over and over. So just with Makima’s speed she could potentially process it.

Plus in Chainsawman Denji could resist Falling Devil’s past trauma inducing powers by slicing up his brain so that’s another way I could see Makima negating it. See the future with the future devil and just mentally command one of her controlled characters to damage her brain when she gets hit with the info dump so her brain can repair itself and the info dump goes away.
Unlimited Void isnt only 6 months. the .2 seconds that he did to not kill everyone in the subway was 6 months. If he kept the thing open it would have the full infinite and as such Makima isnt just gonna process her way through that. Shes not Gilgamesh

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I speak with the reasoning of Death Battle.

They take each type of mental attack must have resistance to it and do not generalize it.
That's why in Vader vs Obito they made the Tsukuyomi affect Anakin because that illusion was different from mental control (Yes, I know there are SW characters who can do illusions, I'm just giving an example of their reasoning).

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F9I2f77WgAEo9am

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Thatrs not nearly the same as having your brain flooded all at once with the information required to keep living.
What does that have to do with Gojo's mind hax resistance? Him resisting his own info dump wouldn't allow him to resist mind control hax above any mind control hax from the JJK verse.
I dont think so, the applications are just a bit different here so i dont think just slapping on a blanket mind hax resistance is applicable.
???

In the part you're quoting i'm saying Gojo hasn't resisted mind hax of Makima's scale before.

If you meant to respond to the part about the Falling Devil. I would see that as similar enough to Gojo's ability. The logic that allowed Denji to recover from having his trauma forced on him by damaging his brain should allow Makima to do the same.
Unlimited Void isnt only 6 months. the .2 seconds that he did to not kill everyone in the subway was 6 months. If he kept the thing open it would have the full infinite and as such Makima isnt just gonna process her way through that. Shes not Gilgamesh
Makima can just instantly escape Gojo's domain before even 0.2 seconds have passed through the Spider Devil which transported her to hell from Earth. She has the reactions to pull off that much.

Seeing the future with the future devil and thus knowing ahead of time when to set up an ability usage is an advantage Makima has that I don't think it's that easy for Gojo to get past.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I don’t think that’s the feat. They specifically mentioned it as Scooby dancing, which illuminates the universe (which is inside a glass snowglobe) and breaks the glass around the universe. They bring this up in multiple videos so it’s gonna be brought up I think one way or another.
A friend helped me to find it, I think this is the clip

It starts at 1:00

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
What does that have to do with Gojo's mind hax resistance? Him resisting his own info dump wouldn't allow him to resist mind control hax above any mind control hax from the JJK verse.

???

In the part you're quoting i'm saying Gojo hasn't resisted mind hax of Makima's scale before.

If you meant to respond to the part about the Falling Devil. I would see that as similar enough to Gojo's ability. The logic that allowed Denji to recover from having his trauma forced on him by damaging his brain should allow Makima to do the same.

Makima can just instantly escape Gojo's domain before even 0.2 seconds have passed through the Spider Devil which transported her to hell from Earth. She has the reactions to pull off that much.

Seeing the future with the future devil and thus knowing ahead of time when to set up an ability usage is an advantage Makima has that I don't think it's that easy for Gojo to get past.
I would go back and forth with you on this but I have work today and remembering that favt just drained all the energy outta me to be honest
:hestonpls

Maybe on Wednesday or Thursday we can pick this back up

OrlandoSky

Paramount
A friend helped me to find it, I think this is the clip

It starts at 1:00

Yeah that's it. It looks like the context (hard to tell since I don't speak french) is that their dance is so beautiful that it illuminates the universe, it definitely doesn't destroy it since we see in the next frame. Contextually I don't know if the alien is viewing it like an interdimensional clairvoyant crystal ball or if he's just some massive alien creature (like the ones at the end of MiB) whose so large he's viewing the universe for amusement. I think the former because it would make more sense for the universe to still be in tact in the next frame, it broke the clairvoyant connection like power levels broke the scouters. Still illuminating the universe or even just the Milky Way galaxy would still be above star level I would think.

Especially with Liam's approach to the Courage feat assuming his scream turned it into glass and then fractured it. Using glass fragmentation values actually downgrades it to just Large Planet level (even though I don't think that was the context it was more that he just caused it to break, I don't think there's sufficient evidence or context to say he turned it into glass first then broke it)

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I would go back and forth with you on this but I have work today and remembering that favt just drained all the energy outta me to be honest
:hestonpls

Maybe on Wednesday or Thursday we can pick this back up
I'm fine leaving it at this. As debatable as this matchup can be, I just disagree with DB's conclusion and how they came to it.

You agree with it, and that's fine.

I'm ready to move on to Courage vs Scooby (And for that matchup even with this universe snow globe breaking stuff being brought up for Scooby i'm still going with Courage. Cause as far as I know Scooby has no hax and no hax resistances. So he has no way to reduce Courage to a state his toonforce regen couldn't bring him back from, and no means of resisting Courage doing something like hypnotizing him with his yo-yo or watch which could even somehow transmute those it hypnotizes
dcabmtd-3f06cbca-95b3-4ba2-87e4-6f03f7cae204.gif
)

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
S10 view count
Darth Vader vs Obito -2.3mil
Chosenborn-2mil
Friezatron-2mil
BillCord-1.8Mil
Ant-Man vs Atom-1.8Mil
StitchRocket-1.7Mil
Jean vs Raven-1.7mil
Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer-1.5Mil
Gutsmitri-1-4mil
Colex-1.3-Mil
KillSaka-1.1Mil

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Uh, Makima no-selled Cosmos's Halloween which was just Unlimited Void but better (It effected an entire hivemind) DB just tried to spin it into somehow being an anti-feat for Makima.

Back