• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’m rooting for Goku but I am at the same time going to laugh my ass off at Superman winning a third fucking time on DB and the ensuring chaos that comes with it

Either the greatest underdog victory in nerd debate history or the best trolling from Death Battle to date is going to happen in this fight. So this is a win-win for me either way

Last edited:

Blocky

Illustrious
So Ultraguy has been reading superman comics for years along with DB to prepare for this match-up.

Well, better hope they had a doc that they had put all in on it because that's almost nine decades of materiel they had just seen or read.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What made Ben 10 vs Hal Jordon such an upset was the myriad of Alien X videos being made as the date of the video was approaching showing Alien X being nigh-unbeatable and one of the most powerful characters in fiction topped with a fair amount of people really doubting Hal had the feats for it.

I think the pretty anti-climactic way the fight animation itself concluded also didn’t help

Maddie

Acclaimed
So Ultraguy has been reading superman comics for years along with DB to prepare for this match-up.

Well, better hope they had a doc that they had put all in on it because that's almost nine decades of materiel they had just seen or read.
I hope he's reading as thoroughly as me

for reference

I've read basically 50% of the post crisis comics listed. Some I missed or decided pretty quickly it has no major material, but I'm at the beginning of the Lightning Saga, which yeah, a lot

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
What made Ben 10 vs Hal Jordon such an upset was the myriad of Alien X videos being made as the date of the video was approaching showing Alien X being nigh-unbeatable and one of the most powerful characters in fiction topped with a fair amount of people really doubting Hal had the feats for it.

I think the pretty anti-climactic way the fight animation itself concluded also didn’t help
Having looked into the stuff a bit this year I still have no clue how a lot of the higher Alien X interpretations really make sense to anybody

The absolute best I could find is he might be low multiversal on the order of like…3 universes, definitely not as high as people hyped him up over the years

Blocky

Illustrious
Also Pre-Crisis history has been merged with Post-Crisis's history now? Least when it comes to current mainstream Superman. I haven't been keeping up

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Having looked into the stuff a bit this year I still have no clue how a lot of the higher Alien X interpretations really make sense to anybody

The absolute best I could find is he might be low multiversal on the order of like…3 universes, definitely not as high as people hyped him up over the years
Don’t ask me. I mostly slept on Ben 10 all throughout its many runs.

Don’t know why but the series just never interested me. I just know the drama over Hal vs Ben was as a result of so many people expecting Ben to take this with all the YouTubers that were hyping up Alien X

:hestonpls

Warlordgab

Illustrious
This just makes me wish for a Ben 10 vs Hal 2 so the salt can once more Flow when Hal wins again
I'd love to see that

When that episode happened, I was surprised at how the Ben 10 fandom outmatched years worth of salt from Dragon Ball fans in just a couple of weeks

It would be glorious to see Ben 10 wankers eat another L

Maddie

Acclaimed
I still am boycotting this episode and hell the finale too because there's no way it can make up for the shitstorm

They gave Goku 3 Ls when NOBODY wanted it just wtf

Maddie

Acclaimed
Will you do it even if the season finale turns out to be something like Galactus Vs. Unicron?
It probably won't be but MAYBE for that, I'd prefer Simon vs Kyle

the good thing about Simon is you can conceivably wank him to outerversal/omniversal and the mere fact that seed of possibility exists will allow DB to use it to make.him so

Blocky

Illustrious
As long someone else doesn't have a mental breakdown years ago and send people death threats over their insecurities because of this matchup. Goku taking an third L is meh.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Because alien x Universal was done casually so one would argue he's far stronger than. Shown

Warlordgab

Illustrious
It probably won't be but MAYBE for that, I'd prefer Simon vs Kyle

the good thing about Simon is you can conceivably wank him to outerversal/omniversal and the mere fact that seed of possibility exists will allow DB to use it to make.him so
If Galacron doesn't happen this season, I'd love to see Simon Vs. Kyle. It has a lot of potential... but, Luis said that he's not animating anything else this season, so I'm not sure if the finale will be another huge 2D/Sprite project

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This has been a great season for me, one of the best even. Lots of fights I enjoyed watching over and over

I mean, we finally got the Cole vs Alex fight that’s been requested for over a decade and a half

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I mean, we finally got the Cole vs Alex fight that’s been request for over a decade and a half
Not to mention that the quality of the animation almost felt like a proper return to form since the departure of Torrian

If it wasn't for Friezatron, that would've been my favorite 3D episode from this season so far

Back